Lightning

Total Stranger Lets Me Drive His SRT 10 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004 | 08:42 PM
|
Total Stranger Lets Me Drive His SRT 10 Truck

I was headed to the gym and I spotted my first SRT 10 on the road. He was in the far right lane at the light and I was in the left hand lane on a 3 lane road. The light turns green and I get over in the middle lane to pull up next to him. He turns off into a parking lot and I follow him in to talk to him about the truck. He gets out and I start talking to him. Turns out he is a dealer and he just bought the truck at an auction for 46K. He was an extremely nice guy. He told me he has owned Lightnings in the past and he likes them a lot. We talked for awhile and I tell him I would like to get a ride in it sometime. He asks me if I have time now. So without hesitation I say sure! He hands me the keys and asks me if I want to drive. I am not going to turn this opportunity down! It's a good thing I know how to drive a stick because he didn't ask me. After turning the key and figuring out I have to hit the button to start the engine we take off. We go out for a run and I couldn't get any higher than third because of the road we were on. Now I know I will get a lot of "This thread is worthless without pics" and "Yeah sure I've got something you can pull that will play jingle bells", but before I took off he gave me his number so I could get some pics of the trucks together. Cool thing is both of our trucks are Black. As soon as I get pics I will post them on here.

Old 07-26-2004 | 08:48 PM
this thread is worthless without pics!

j/k

I must admit I'm curious and wouldn't mind test driving one myself.

here's my truck next to one at the dealer across the street from PowerSurgePerformance.

so anyway, I know you said that you couldn't really get it up to speed, but...

What did you think? what was your overall impression of the thing?

thanks,
chris

Old 07-26-2004 | 08:59 PM
Yeah, what Chris said.....

Sounds like he might be a good salesman and might just let you buy it if you like it.
I bet he got a good deal at the auction.

I fall in love with all my vehicles. I wouldn't make a very good salesman.

Sounds like you had fun. So how did it feel from the drivers seat?

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:04 PM
|
Quite honestly without bias I really expected more! I missed the whine of the supercharger as well! When I got on it I wasn't pinned to the seat or anything. I thought for that much money it would really impress me. I'm not a professional driver of course and it wasn't like we could get really crazy on the street.

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:23 PM
Here's one at a Charity Laps event at Texas Motor Speedway:

Here it is after I passed him at 120 MPH (two trucks back)

And here's what I think about that:

That's my buddy's truck and the SRT-10 I got to test drive a while back.

Tom

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:23 PM
That's Craaaazy! I barely let my wife drive the truck!

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:36 PM
|
Originally posted by tliss
Here's one at a Charity Laps event at Texas Motor Speedway:

Here it is after I passed him at 120 MPH (two trucks back)

And here's what I think about that:

That's my buddy's truck and the SRT-10 I got to test drive a while back.
LMFAO!
Tom

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:38 PM
|
Originally posted by jrjen2
That's Craaaazy! I barely let my wife drive the truck!
I agree! Like I said he was an extremely nice guy! I couldn't believe it when he handed me the keys. Like I said I will take some Pics of our trucks together.

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:47 PM
Damn that truck is big as hell. I had one come up behind me in my Cobra and I thought it was big because the Cobra sits so low, but now I see it is just big.......BTW the guy just gave me a thumbs up on the Cobra........would have been nice, but no chance in hell for him to even come close......624 RWHP on the Cobra.

Old 07-26-2004 | 09:53 PM
|
Originally posted by Knockout_tx
Damn that truck is big as hell. I had one come up behind me in my Cobra and I thought it was big because the Cobra sits so low, but now I see it is just big.......BTW the guy just gave me a thumbs up on the Cobra........would have been nice, but no chance in hell for him to even come close......624 RWHP on the Cobra.
He obviously knew better!!

Old 07-27-2004 | 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Knockout_tx
I want a ride.

Old 07-27-2004 | 01:04 AM
Truck looks awkward, but pretty agressive!

If I stick with my Lightning, I'll pick up an 03 Cobra as a project/race vehicle. But if I someday move up to a Viper, I'll probably tow it with an SRT-10 Ram.

Old 07-27-2004 | 02:34 AM
Originally posted by LightningGuy
Truck looks awkward, but pretty agressive!

If I stick with my Lightning, I'll pick up an 03 Cobra as a project/race vehicle. But if I someday move up to a Viper, I'll probably tow it with an SRT-10 Ram.
Think again! You can't tow ANYTHING with the SRT Ram. Unless you like replacing rear-ends and trannies. I have the same dream of a matched set some day though!

Old 07-27-2004 | 03:10 AM

This guy is not dreaming!

Old 07-27-2004 | 06:10 AM
Wow...I like the house, the driveway, the truck and the spare car to go to the store in...Wow the things a guy can do with money...More money = better things...

Quick Reply: Total Stranger Lets Me Drive His SRT 10 Truck