Lightning

Why is it...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004 | 09:54 AM
|
Why is it...

...that whenever I'm driving my other F150 (1997 4.6l supercab), I always seem to end up at the stoplights next to a hot car that I'd love to race if I only had the Lightning?

Last nite, it was a nice Mustang GT that sounded hot as he roared past me. Or the Firebird or the Z28? The list goes on.

Just drives me nuts!

Anybody else notice this phenominon or am I just cursed?

Old 07-27-2004 | 10:00 AM
Supercharge it!

Old 07-27-2004 | 10:08 AM
Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by jaymz
...that whenever I'm driving my other F150 (1997 4.6l supercab), I always seem to end up at the stoplights next to a hot car that I'd love to race if I only had the Lightning?

Last nite, it was a nice Mustang GT that sounded hot as he roared past me. Or the Firebird or the Z28? The list goes on.

Just drives me nuts!

LOL w/gas prices I've been driving the winterbeater a lot(92 crown vic) and all I see are Hemis, vettes etc. like you.
it SUCKs ! almost as bad as meeting all the friendly Hotties after you've said I DO

Old 07-27-2004 | 11:29 AM
If you're in a Lightning, most of the worthy vehicles don't want to race anyway. Who wants to be seen getting your *** handed to you by a pickup truck? It's minivans and 4x4s all day long. It's usually in a 25-35mph speed zone as well.

Old 07-27-2004 | 11:40 AM
Re: Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by D Davis
almost as bad as meeting all the friendly Hotties after you've said I DO
It only gets worse the longer you're married.:santa:

Old 07-27-2004 | 12:49 PM
Re: Why is it...

Originally posted by jaymz

Just drives me nuts!

It happens to me all the time, kinda pisses me off

Old 07-27-2004 | 12:58 PM
I almost started a thread on this same subject last week. I bought the wife an '04 Focus ZX3 to commute to work in (she put 10,200 on the GT convertible in 4 months). Since she's working graveyard and home before I got to work, I figured I'd drive it to work too to save on gas.

On the way to work Thursday, what do I end up next to at the stoplight. Z06 Vette. We were both the first cars in the right and left lane at the light. Would have been a great race opportunity. But am I in my L, oooohhhhh noooooo. As my brother Ronbo would say (*&%^%$(*_)&_)^(%$&* I was soooo pissed. Every time I try to line up with a hot car in the L, they turn off or get behind slower traffic. I still don't have a real kill under my belt and I've been driving the L for almost 1 year.

The only real opportunity for a race ended in the SRT 10 owner chickening out. Normal list of excusses. Not broken in, you wouldn't have a chance, I don't race on the street, etc. etc.

Quick Reply: Why is it...