Lightning

Snugtop SL Remote Pop

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snugtop SL Remote Pop

Just got my snugtop bed cover and it has a stand alone remote opener system. I would like to eliminate the receiver and integrate the solenoid into the stock keyless entry system. I want to use the trunk button on the key fab to open the bed cover. Is this possible and if so what do I need to get and/or do. Thanks.

Old 07-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Have you checked with snug top yet?

Seems like a logical request. Maybe they have already dealt with that question....
One less thing in your pocket to loose, that's for sure.

How do you like the fit and finish?

Old 07-28-2004, 02:52 AM
Talked to the dealer and they said it's not possible. I think though that all I need to do is eliminate they control module and tap into the factory keyless entry. I just need to find out is the stock system is actually capable and if so what wire do I connect to, etc. As for the fit and finish it is fare superior to the ******** speedster wing bed cover that I purchased for my dad's harley truck. It fit tighter, the seal design is better, just overall a much better cover. I do want to speedster wing though so I think I'm gona take it to my body shop and have them put a wing on there that looks like the ******** design. Anyone, have any ideas for the keyless entry system? Thanks.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 PM
I don't know if this helps, but my ARE came with remote opening and I use my stock key fob to open it. It opens with the passenger door on the second push. So, in the least, I would say it is possible unless there's something special about Snug Top. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2004, 05:28 PM
well i sure glad i didnt go and waste $1000 on that speedstur top. im in the market for a smooth fiberglass lid, so i guess snugtop is the way to go?? If u dont mind me asking, how much it run ya?
Sorry im no help w/ur problem
Later
Smok'n L

Old 07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
baddgene, so you just use the unlock button to open it? That might work but I would prefer to use the trunk pop function on the key fob.

Smok'n L, it was about 1100 installed. in my opinion the snugtop has a much better quality fit and finish.

Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks.

Old 07-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by My Red-Rocket
baddgene, so you just use the unlock button to open it? That might work but I would prefer to use the trunk pop function on the key fob.
Trunk pop function? Only buttons I have on my remote are lock, unlock, and panic. I would say running off the passenger side remote unlock feed should work.

There are plenty of people that are happy with their *******'s lids...AND snuglid lids. The main reason you usually hear people talk about a product is when they have something to complain about. I think you'll be happy with either one.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:50 AM
~nightcrawler~, sorry, i meant that i would like to purchase a new key fob with the trunk pop key and program it to work with my stock keyless system. then use the trunk key to open the bed cover.

Old 07-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Yup, I just use the unlock button. Push it twice, passenger door and tonneou open together. And by the way, I'm very happy with the ARE.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by My Red-Rocket
~nightcrawler~, sorry, i meant that i would like to purchase a new key fob with the trunk pop key and program it to work with my stock keyless system. then use the trunk key to open the bed cover.
Ok I gotcha now...would be pretty nice and factory looking that way. But I would think that you would have to change out the whole module since our's only has 3 buttons and you are wanting to use 4. I don't know for sure but it just seems easier to run off the passenger door...but it is your truck and would be a clean setup so GOOD LUCK

Quick Reply: Snugtop SL Remote Pop