Lightning

Dealer laughed at me...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't "worry" about my plugs spitting out at all. Know why? Cause *I* check them...

Sometimes it's really that simple guys..
Rich

Old 07-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by wydopnthrtl

I don't "worry" about my plugs spitting out at all. Know why? Cause *I* check them...

Rich
checking them in 6-8k intervals takes alot of the worry outta it

Last edited by SICKBOY; 07-28-2004 at 11:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by whip
I hate stupid people. I hate even more when stupid people laugh at you to hide thier own stupidity. I would have punched him right in the F'ing throat just for being stupid!!! I bet the **** sucker was wearing a cheap suit too!!!

Maybe I'm just PO'd cause I had plans on installing a lift on my jeep today, and the stupid UPS guy hasn't been here yet. (though he did drive by) I'm going to punch him right in the F'ing throat too!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that's comedy. Angry people are funny.

Anyway, I went to my dealer for my first oil change since it was free, and ask them if they would put on these Herb's washers that I had. I told them about the clunk and the tech looked at me with this "what are you some know-it-all duma$$" look on his face and said "you've been reading too much."
Then I handed him a printout of the TSB for it.

Last edited by svtdvm; 07-28-2004 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:16 PM
If you have a common problem and you take it up with the dealer, 9 out of 10 times they'll tell you they never heard of it.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SVT_KY
My My ... such animosity ... LOL ... I am waiting for the FEDEX guy
to drop off my Hoosiers ... They NEVER seem to come soon enuff
Ditto. I hate FEDEX here. They are never on time. My UPS guy is great and is always here between 10:00 to 10:15. Not one minute sooner or later. We're on a first name basis too since I've see him at least once a week for the better part of the last two years

Old 07-28-2004, 11:33 PM
My .02

I USED to work for Enterprise rent a crap.. I worked with tons of dealerships, Maybe its this?

Dealerships change Service Techs and Managers as much as they change oil, bringing them from Chevy to Ford and visa versa Toyota to ford Oldsmobile to ford and still visa versa you get the idea

They probably dont know cause they were at a different Manufacturer dealership 2 months ago!!

I know thats not the case with all, but I bet it accounts for alot!!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:34 AM
You guys are going to LOVE my story:

Two weeks ago, I blow the 3rd plug back on the driver's side! My dealership, despite my many many claims that I heard ticking and slapping, was very SURPRISED that my 5.4 blew a plug. I told them:

"You might wanna look at the other side and replace that while the motor's out."

Naturally, they declined saying it wouldn't be necessary (gotta love Ford, doing the bare minimum).

Fast forward to last week, when I'm driving down the highway. POP POP POP I hear the same dreaded sound I heard the week before. The OTHER side had blown, 2nd or 3rd plug back.

I walked into that dealership and LAUGHED my *** off as I told them the other side now needed replacing.

All in all I got my 03+ heads while still under warranty!

Old 07-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Jesus Toronto, the assembly line spark plug dude must have been hung over as shiat when your motor went through! At least you got the upgrade for free

On a side note, I've had the SAME TR6's in (installed by Swanson) for 35k miles with 14# of boost!

BD

Old 07-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Location: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour

Rich
DING DING DING

and..... I guess I'll have to punch myself in the f-n throat if my truck barfs a plug.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:52 AM

Rich

Yeah, I could check mine to, and I probably will but that's not the point. It's a crappy head design and it should be Ford's problem to fix it. Not mine.

Quick Reply: Dealer laughed at me...