Lightning

seatbelt reminder

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 02:53 PM
Click-it or Ticket

Old 07-29-2004 | 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
I know ill get flamed but...

In most states wearing your belt is the law .....

And Since you are driving a 400+hp pickup - Wouldnt wearing your seat belt be prudent ? If for no other reason than so when you lose control and start to slide you arent thrown around the cab and you are better able to avoid running into or over someone since you will be firmly behind the wheel ?

My $0.02

Doug

Edit: PS - I corrected the spelling of the thread title
I agree, but the dinging is annoying if you leave your belt off to go a few yards, check mail, switch parking spots, etc.

Old 07-29-2004 | 08:00 PM
I have been in two serious wrecks wearing my seat belt which saved my sorry A$$.

One of them I fell asleep at the wheel at 4:00PM after being up late the night before preparing to go to race on the weekend.

Nobody else on the road out in the country 50+ MPH and it was hot summer time. I fell asleep crossed the center line and went into a ditch, when I woke up all I could see was grass and then hit this culvert. It threw the toyota truck up in the air and did 3 summersalts landing 150 ft farther down the ditch and scraping a power pole. It stopped right side up and I remember I tried to start it and drive off since there was know one around that I could see. "NOT"
The starter just clicked and the truck was totaled.
Someone coming the opposite way saw it all and call 911.

It is another long story but I ended up getting a ticket for (improper backing) and 1 year probation.

Being sober, daytime, clean record, wearing seat belt, saved me in more ways than one.

Quick Reply: seatbelt reminder