Lightning

04 lightning and 01

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 lightning and 01

My Friend just picked up his 04 Lightning. we were looking at the differences between my 01 and his! What I noticed was the brushed alum finish on the door handles, looks good they should have done the same finish to the switches! Well it took 3 yrs. but he finnaly caught the Lightning Bug!! LOL>>>>>>>> Artie >>> Funny he has a strange smile now LOL!! Welcome and enjoy!!

Old 07-29-2004, 12:44 PM
The 03's had the same handles.

Old 07-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if by any chance...In mid 05, will there still be 04 L's on the dealer's lots? I should have a really good paying job by then since I graduate college this Fall. And I'm seriously thinking about buying an 04 L. I was just wondering if SVT is still going to produce the 04 bodystyle until the Gen 3's come out? TIA!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Peacemaker
Hey, I was just wondering if by any chance...In mid 05, will there still be 04 L's on the dealer's lots? I should have a really good paying job by then since I graduate college this Fall. And I'm seriously thinking about buying an 04 L. I was just wondering if SVT is still going to produce the 04 bodystyle until the Gen 3's come out? TIA!
No. Ontario Truck is officially closed. Has been for about a month. The other 3 F150 plants are geared for the '04 body style.

But if you look hard enough you could probably find a used "L"

Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the info J-150. I hope I can find one with "VERY" low miles.

Old 07-29-2004, 04:16 PM
When the supply dries up, the newest low mileage ones out there will have improved value. I sold the last year model of 300Z and Supra for what I paid for them after I drove them 2 years.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info J-150. I hope I can find one with "VERY" low miles.

maybe you should change your game plan.

find an older one, pay less, get a break on insurance and save your money until the '05 comes out. You still have a Lightning but are not paying an arm and leg fresh out of college (no matter how you make to start)

Old 07-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by J-150
maybe you should change your game plan.

find an older one, pay less, get a break on insurance and save your money until the '05 comes out. You still have a Lightning but are not paying an arm and leg fresh out of college (no matter how you make to start)
Yeah, that's a good idea. If I can find one that's not been ragged out and beat to death, I may consider it. But finding one in good condition is the challenge. If I can't find one, then I'll just get an 05 Reg Cab FX4. My hometown dealer has a sale going on. They have a Red reg cab FX4 with everything on it but the moonroof. Including 18" wheels and tires, step bars, the works for $349.95 a month. That's financing it, not a lease. And the salesman I talked to is my neighbor. And he said he would give me the same deal when the 05's come out. So I might just do that. I dunno. I'm just dreaming as we speak, because I haven't got a job yet.

Old 07-29-2004, 06:32 PM
They have a Red reg cab FX4 with everything on it but the moonroof.
Hold out for the moonroof.....
(and if you find a reg cab w moonroof, let me know)

Old 07-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by m springer
Hold out for the moonroof.....
(and if you find a reg cab w moonroof, let me know)
From your tone of voice I guess the reg cab doesn't come with a moon roof. My bad, I guess I haven't researched everything there is to know about the new F-150. You remind me of "Bubba" on Forrest Gump..."I know everthang they is to know about shrimp." Or in your case, the 04 f-150.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Go to the Gen 2 section of this great site and it will give you all the changes on the different years.
http://users4.ev1.net/~txclark/alocindex.html

That's good info about the last year holding value MAX...... I hope it true for the L

I wouldn't hold out for the 05 L because of the little issues I had with my used 99.

Don't get me wrong, all of them are great! It's just that they make those little improvements each year.
Look how long we had to wait for decent heads.....

I am thinking if the 05 has the 4Valve heads there will be other changes as well.

I know that none of that head and intake stuff will bolt onto our engines just like the bolt parttern being different on the S/C and intake on the 01 Gen 2

Oh well, parts that aren't there never break or give you trouble

Old 07-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Thanks EZGZ. I'll be on the lookout for an 03 model. Since I saw from the site that they have the revised heads with more threads for the plugs. I knew they came out with a better set of heads, I just didn't know what year it was. Thanks, your a big help man!

Old 07-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by EZGZ

....I wouldn't hold out for the 05 L because of the little issues I had with my used 99....
I was under the impression that there were no plans for a 05 L. I thought they were waiting till 06 to release the new lightning.

Old 07-30-2004, 12:23 AM
From your tone of voice I guess the reg cab doesn't come with a moon roof. My bad, I guess I haven't researched everything there is to know about the new F-150. You remind me of "Bubba" on Forrest Gump..."I know everthang they is to know about shrimp." Or in your case, the 04 f-150.
Hey, I was just kidding. No need to get personal...

The term "moonroof" usually refers to a power-sliding glass panel (no idea where they get "moon" from that, but anyway)
the glass slides back on a track, and you have to have a fairly long roof to do that. So, you can only get that on a Quad-cab, I believe (as well as a great number of cars).

Just as a note "sunroof" usually refers to a fixed glass (or plexiglass) panel that pops up and (sometimes) is removeable from the frame. Occasionally there were cars that had factory sunroofs, the vast majority are aftermarket installs - many dealers put them in.

It would be possible to put a sunroof in a lightning, or any truck for that matter, but whether or not it would make sense to do so is debatable.

Did I just prove, or dis-prove the Bubba Gump label?

Old 07-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the info. That sort of makes sense. But I see nothing wrong with a "sun roof in an L, or any truck for that matter. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Quick Reply: 04 lightning and 01