Lightning

New Motor, Spits Plus, L brothers come to the rescue(long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Motor, Spits Plus, L brothers come to the rescue(long)

Quick Review, blow motor, Ford replaces after about 2 months, get truck back with new motor and it is making a noise. They will not give me an appointment until I DRIVE the truck to them to take a look at first. I do this last Thursday, Had truck on the lift for 2 hours, they think it is an exhaust leak but can not find it. they tell me that I have to make an appointment and bring it back. Earliest August 10.... So I decide to swing by PSP to see if Sal can give a quick diagnose of the problem. He gets it up on the lift and looks around, listens with the stethoscope, but the noise is coming from all over. He determined that it may be a bent flywheel or something wrong with my rear drivers side cyclinder. So I decide I have to give it to Ford to figure out.
Well Blwn5PNT4(Josh) and Chimshady(jay) was there getting Chimshady's truck dyno tuned, we all leave about the same time. I get on the LIE go about 4 exits and CABOOM. The spark plugs spits out.

The plug and the coil pac was banging up and down. I pull the coilpac on the side of the road and the plug was attached. The plug treads where in good condition except like the first tread only on about 1/2 of it. The damage to the thread did not look like the cyclinder thread broke but the damage was from the plug banging up and down once it spit. The electrode on the plug did break off and fall into the cyclinder. So who knows what damage that did.

So I am stranded on the side of the road. Call roadside assistance and it will be 1 to 2 hours (sitting on the side of the LIE ) So I call Josh and Jay and they go to autozone buy me a plug, bring some tools, and we get the truck running again.
I drive it home slow and it all feels good. Funny thing it that noise is totally gone (oh well should have double checked Fords work) 2 1/2 hours later the tow truck calls me, haha

So Basically Ford replaced my motor and I am guessing since that plug is so Hard to get to they never tightened it properly. Well off to scream out my service manager. Been without a properly running truck since April

I want to thank Josh and Jay for coming to the rescue and Sal for giving the Doctors diagnose free of charge!

Last edited by halflife; 08-02-2004 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Anytime Tom,just glad we could help you out.Hope everything works out for ya.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by chimshady1
Anytime Tom,just glad we could help you out.Hope everything works out for ya.
I owe you or Josh some $ for the plug, let me know.
Thanks

Old 08-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Dont worry about it,only $2,just glad you got home and everything seems to be allright.Catch you at the track soon.

Old 08-02-2004, 12:19 PM
It is hard to belive that neither the dealer or Sal checked the plugs, as it should at the most take a hour to check them.

Looks Like Ford owes you a 2nd new motor, Maybee even a new truck.

Old 08-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
It is hard to belive that neither the dealer or Sal checked the plugs, as it should at the most take a hour to check them.

Looks Like Ford owes you a 2nd new motor, Maybee even a new truck.
Yeah I can not believe the dealer did not check. Sal just slipped me in a favor between customers so I did not expect him to check them, I was planning on doing it myself but did not. On top of that the sound was loud and did not sound like a ticking noise from the plugs.

Old 08-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Way to go Josh and Chimmy. Now I know who to call when I`m stuck. Hey Chimmy I need 8 spark plugs, please help and deliver them to my house.

So Tom, what`s the verdict? Are we finally on the road with this truck or what?

Old 08-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Nice to see friends help each other out.

Old 08-02-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by jimkalfakis
Way to go Josh and Chimmy. Now I know who to call when I`m stuck. Hey Chimmy I need 8 spark plugs, please help and deliver them to my house.

So Tom, what`s the verdict? Are we finally on the road with this truck or what?
jIM I know the post was long but read it , I spit a plug so no go on the truck.
I did do a compression check but I want a new head just incase. All I need is to not get them replace it and it spits a plug when I am in east NY or the bronx...

Old 08-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Sorry Tom, it sounded like the plug spit without taking the head threads with it.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now thats what the Lightning brotherhood is all about

Sure sorry to hear of all the troubles you have had with your truck Just maybe if you can stick it out, good things will come to you and your truck. Atleast I hope so!

Good Luck

Old 08-02-2004, 10:03 PM
That sucks so Bad Bro (BIG SAD FACE)
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice save though

Hats off to Josh and Jay,
HEY Chim WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THAT BEAST ???
What are we working on 2 years now ??? COME ON BRO I NEED A GOOD STREET WHOOPING AGAIN

I truly think the day it happens to me, is the Day I part it out,
sell the entire truck in parts for @10K, and then collect the insurance. I will not, can not, and just don't have the patience,
or mental stability to even attempt to deal with Ford or these frigging Dealerships.

Ya I know I know your Dealership is wonderful and the Mechanics are the best in the business

I truly hope it's saved halflife, BUT NOW IT'S TIME TO GO ABSOLUTELY BALISTIC IN THE DEALERSHIP AND INSIST ON NEW HEADS AND OR ANOTHER MOTOR, (and no talking rational to a$$holes DOES NOT HELP)

Old 08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
It sucks cause the guy just got a fresh motor that has to be yanked out or opened up. Damn shame

Old 08-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Man its good to have friends......... HOpe you get your problems solved..........

PEacE................
Jim

Old 08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Rob Whats Up ?The Beast is lookin for ya!lol..445 r.w.h.p. no nos so you better have your bottle full when i see ya.lol.Maybe bald hill next tues.(no pun intended)lol..Ill see ya around brother.

Quick Reply: New Motor, Spits Plus, L brothers come to the rescue(long)