Lightning

just lowered my truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004 | 12:20 AM
|
just lowered my truck

just installed my belltech 4804 coils, wc adjustable hangers and already have 2 inch shackles but i have a couple of questions. truck rides good but bottoms out on large bumps and potholes in the rear.what could i do to stop this besides a c notch??i am running stock shocks and also the bumpstops from the front were put on the rear. another question is why does it seem like the truck is wheel hopping more?? and finally i have 28 inch tall hoosiers for the track. do you think ill have any clearance issues with them?? anybody have pics of there lowered truck on slicks?? thanks guys

Old 08-04-2004 | 12:43 AM
This is from the "this post is useless without pics" police. Pull over and show me your license and registration please.

Old 08-04-2004 | 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Mart Man 03 L
This is from the "this post is useless without pics" police. Pull over and show me your license and registration please.
What he said.

Old 08-04-2004 | 12:53 AM
Did you cut down the bump stops for the rear axle when you did the shackles? If they're stock height, it will bottom quickly.

Old 08-04-2004 | 08:40 AM
Originally posted by kerno
Did you cut down the bump stops for the rear axle when you did the shackles? If they're stock height, it will bottom quickly.
Originally posted by BLUE N BLOWN
i am running stock shocks and also the bumpstops from the front were put on the rear.

Old 08-04-2004 | 11:41 AM
So you're running a 2/4 drop then? I'd recommend getting new bumpstops. Tim Skelton's site has a chart with matching Energy Suspension part numbers for different drops. You just screw them in and they cost less than $10.

Now that was the first step. The second is to replace your stock shocks. They won't last long in the first place and are too long for your drop.

I'd also suggest new endlinks. The front ones are cheap. For the rear, you can go with SoCal adjustable endlinks (NOT Competition Engineering) or you can simply drill up on your frame and re-use your stock endlinks.

Old 08-04-2004 | 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LightningGuy
So you're running a 2/4 drop then?

I'd recommend getting new bumpstops.

The second is to replace your stock shocks.

I'd also suggest new endlinks. For the rear, you can go with SoCal adjustable endlinks (NOT Competition Engineering) or you can simply drill up on your frame and re-use your stock endlinks.
that's what i was going to say.

but, the only problem with redrilling the rear endlinks, is that with a 4" drop, the endlinks are too long to redrill. they need to be shortened, or replace with socal ones. i was going to try to redrill mine, but with 3" shackles on my 03, the new hole would be damn close to the top of the frame, maybe not even enough clearance for the nut to go onto the bolt on thr frame mount.

Old 08-04-2004 | 02:13 PM
|
front endlinks were replaced with energy ones,rears with socal adjustables. i was thinking of going with doetsch shocks good choice??? ill get pics today and try and post them

Old 08-04-2004 | 06:39 PM
|
i just took plenty of pics but im not sure how to post.

Quick Reply: just lowered my truck