Lightning

air force one intake installation question/concern

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004 | 04:05 PM
|
air force one intake installation question/concern

i just installed an air force one intake with stainless steel tube on my 03 lightning. everything went smooth except for the rubber boot that covers the hole in the fender for intake. the stock boot was more square...thus the hole in the fender is more square. but the boot that comes with the kit is oval. has anyone installed one of these and know what im talking about? i tried covering as much of the hole with the boot as possible but the oval doesnt cover it completely. is this a problem?

Old 08-04-2004 | 04:07 PM
I have the same setup and it doesnt seem to be a problem.

Old 08-04-2004 | 05:59 PM
i have the same set up.the boot has been a pain in the *** for me.i cant get the air filter to stay in.you have to make sure the boot is on (top and bottom) before tightening the clamp.or you will crush the boot and it will not fit right.

Old 08-04-2004 | 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 00rsvtl
i have the same set up.the boot has been a pain in the *** for me.i cant get the air filter to stay in.you have to make sure the boot is on (top and bottom) before tightening the clamp.or you will crush the boot and it will not fit right.
I put my boot on with a wire ty and then put the hose clamp loosley around the boot.It used to come out on hard launches.
Now it stays just fine.

Old 08-05-2004 | 09:32 AM
|
youd think they would make one that fits in a little more properly. and today, i heard a slight high pitch sound coming from the engine. not sure if it was from the intake or somewhere else. went away after i turned her off then back on.

Quick Reply: air force one intake installation question/concern