Lightning

ftvb= ticket ?!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ftvb= ticket ?!!

ok guys and anyone with any knowlage of the law, here is my situation. i decide to take a drive at about 10 pm last night. i live in a small town with few cops but for some unfortuanate reason i happened to run accross one. i stop at a stop sign and continue to turn on to our town's main street/highway. the speed limit is 45 with few cars around. i turn slowly acceletating softly and when i straighten out push a little harded on the pedal, maby 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, not like i was trying to race anyone at all. i ran it through 1st gear and when it hit second barked the tires for maby one second or even less. i was really suprised it did this but the street is really smooth and must have made more noise because of it. well right as it shiftes i see the cop turn around and switch on the red and blues, *****. well he pulls me over and ask me if i know why i was being stopped, and i did say im sure you heard my over aggresive transmission shift, but of corse he didn't think much of it except to give me a ticket for exhibition of acceleration/racing......wtf? i live in texas and have had the opportunity to get 2 speeding tickets in my past, which i plead guilty to like an idiot....i know. what can i do to keep this off my record? any one an attorney? just need a little advise so i don't get screwed..............again

thanks

Old 08-04-2004, 08:19 PM
deferred ajudification (sp?)

Old 08-04-2004, 08:21 PM
taking the safe drivers class got rid of one of my tickets....that sucks though

Old 08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
does anyone know what that might cost in texas, i have always been told that "racing" tickets don't look good on your records but look alright framed on the wall of glory

Old 08-04-2004, 08:22 PM
having a performance vehicle that shifts the tranny sof ast you BARK the tranny, NOT burn out which leaves much rubber is not a crime.

you were not accellerating overly fast so there should be no contest, get a lawyer and go to court.

Old 08-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Defensive Driving should keep it off your record and you get a 5-10% insurance break for having taken it.

Where-abouts in Texas are you and what was the jurisdiction?

I used to have a pattern of Deffensive Driving (once per year)then deferred ajudication (once per year), then lawyer ($275), then lawyer ($350), then lawyer ($475), then start it over again after a year.

But, I ain't like that no more...

Herb

Old 08-04-2004, 08:29 PM
As for cost:

Usually $10 to get a copy of your driving record

Usually $25-35 for the class (video, on-line or in person - done them all - they all suck)

Usally a 'court fee' for the "honor" of being able to take the class - this has ranged from $70 to $100 for me.

Usually structured to cost about the same as a guilty plea and payment, but this way it stays off your record. Texas is moving to a points system for license renewal and insurance - KEEP IT CLEAN!!

BTW - past tickets will clear after 3 years.

Herb

Old 08-04-2004, 08:29 PM
in the lubbock area north east about 75 miles, i don't know the juristiction but it was in town. i would like to get an attourney an go that route but if i can get it deffered for cheaper or close to the same cost i might do that. you think there is any chance i can talk to the judge and get out of it myself? would it be smart to do it again on video and let her watch it?

Old 08-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Its been awhile since I've been 'naughty', but the way its has always worked in the past is:

You can take Defensive Driving once per year to clear a ticket or for insurance reduction. Clearing a ticket gives the insurance reduction, but taking the class just for the reduction starts your one-year clock over.

You can request Deferred Ajudication once per year. What this says is that if you are good for the next 6 months (time may have changed) and don't get another ticket, this infraction drops from your record. If your bad - you pay the original ticket, the new ticket plus court fees plus both tickets grace your record. Sorta like gambling.

Going the lawyer route basically drags out the process long enough to fall off the books or catch the issuing officer off guard, on vacation, otherwise detained, etc. The cop has to be present AND remember the incident for a conviction in front of a judge. Several have slipped away for me by an 'ODNR' (Officer Does Not Remember).

With all that said, don't make your social visits with Cops memerable - it can haunt you.

Herb

Old 08-04-2004, 08:42 PM
This may sound stupid but it may be worth a shot. Do you know any of the police where you got the ticket at? If so maybe you could take one for a ride to let them see and experience first hand just what happens and that it is “not” the result of aggressive driving.

You never know, it’s worth a shot and they may be able to toss the ticket out or at least show up in court and explain to the judge that they may have made a mistake in thinking you were driving aggressively…

Maybe you could get someone to write up something explaining the nature of the FTVB with a name and phone number the judge could call and verify that it is very possible for the tires to “bark” during shifts.

Just thinking of possibilities…

Old 08-04-2004, 08:43 PM
I preach this all the time!

get a lawyer about $125. have him / her fight it. They can usualy get it reduced to a non moving violation. It is well worth maintaining a clean record.

Suavy

Old 08-04-2004, 09:03 PM
lawyers rock

Old 08-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Get a lawyer. Let them fight it.

Even if you get the cops/judge to understand about the hard shifting transmission, the ticket is still for 'Exhibition of Acceleration', meaning you got up to speed to quickly. In the eyes of the law, that is different from a hard shift.

Old 08-04-2004, 09:59 PM
After that Cop gives that 10 minute B/S speech about how he's trained to judge a cars Speed by the tons of hours he's spend in
speed training, I always look at the judge and say, your Honor
I have 10 times the training this officer has, and I am much more skilled in judging a cars speed than him.
When they ask for proff, I say, WHERE THE FRUCK IS HIS
It's usually about them they slap the hand cuffs on and I eat Horse Burgers and drink Cold Coffee for a few days waiting to get bailed out.

The only way to truly beat a ticket is to prove that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY for the officer to see WHAT HE CLAIMS HE SAW.
You have the perfect set up for that. It was night time, it was dark, he was facing the opposite direction, and then go on to explain that you did nothing wrong, you DID NOT take off fast, you were not speeding, you were driving normal and the Police
Officer IS WRONG. Ask to see proff you were speeding, then go on to say AMOF you had to hit the brakes to avoid a dodge
OR SOMETHING

Ok maybe you better get a lawler

That sucks Bryce, especially since I have NEVER EVER seen a Cop be honest in a court room. They lie, make up story's, pull out fake notes, and by default are always automatically right.
It's that whole I got a small ***** and a gun thing I guess ???
GOOD LUCK, but as said FIGHT IT

Old 08-04-2004, 10:09 PM
In Florida, the cops get to say "in their experience" to get past the proof of speed, or whatever BS judgement call they made.

Anyway, in Florida we have traffic attorney law offices (Ticket Defense Team, Ticket Clinic) for $69.00 they have a lawyer show up in traffic court, argue your case with whatever technicalities are available, and hopefully get your ticket dismissed.

I went through a SunPass (automatic toll paying lane) at 47 MPH, the speed limit was 25 MPH and the lawyer got me off on a technicality that the officer used the wrong code on the citation to indicate whether the road was a city or state road.
"Dismissed!" F-U Mr. Police Officer!

Quick Reply: ftvb= ticket ?!!