Lightning

SCT Handheld Needs More

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004 | 02:47 AM
|
SCT Handheld Needs More

When is SCT going to improve its handheld so that it has the same capabilities as the predator? I like my SCT tune but the predator is so much more versatile. I thought I had read a post somewhere saying that they were going to update the handheld soon. Anyways, any info about this would be helpful in decided which one I will be purchasing. Thanks.

Old 08-10-2004 | 03:08 AM
That's why I went ahead and went with the Predator. I liked the features better. From what I have heard, they are even coming out with a firmware update for the Predator that will allow you to keep multiple custom tunes in the it (3 tunes I believe) which is almost as good as being able to have 4 tunes in the SCT.

Old 08-10-2004 | 07:27 AM
SCT just came out with a prduct to do logging, Raptor. From what I hear they are going to integrate it into the handheld unit. I have not hear a date as of yet. If you want to know when you should ask over on the Modular Depot forum where the SCT team hangsout:

- For pre order questions:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/forum...?s=&forumid=31

-If you are a currnet Pro Raver package:

http://forums.modulardepot.com/forum...?s=&forumid=32

Mike

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:57 AM
If you have a handheld flasher from SCT (the blue one) you will be able to get a programming cable and tuning software upgrade from your dealer shortly. This is called the "Extreme Package". It's very close to done, but we are working out 100% of the features and functions before it gets released. When released, it will be fully compatible with all of our 9100 microtuners out there. You load the software on your PC and make adjustments from there. Once you have made adjustments you load the new file into your tuner and flash the vehicle with that.

Brian

Old 08-13-2004 | 12:49 PM
|
Brian, sorry I guess I don't quite understand what you are saying. So this upgrade will add which functions to the current 9100 handheld? Thanks.

Old 08-13-2004 | 01:20 PM
Red Rocket, here is the difference....

The Predator currently lets you make tuning adjustments in the tool itself. So everything is in one package.

The update for the SCT 9100, is a program, that you load on your laptop or home PC. It's basically an end-user version of the SCT tuning software, that gives you limited change ablity, just like the Predator. So the 9100 itself doesn't get updated or changed. You make your program changes via computer, then upload the new programs to the 9100. This way everyone who already has a 9100, can still do this, without having to change the tool. All you will need is the interface cables (the same ones that you need to get e-mail tunes) and the software download when it comes out shortly.

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:02 PM
Is it me who thinks allowing end users to play with a tune set up by an experienced tuner on a dyno is a BAD idea.

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:08 PM
Hey Brian
When is the tuner for the svt focus going to be ready

I have been patient, but can't wait much longer for it. I may be forced to go with the preditor as much as I hate diablo, you guys are failing me.

Old 08-13-2004 | 11:55 PM
it's my understanding that the predator isn't available yet for the focus either, except from vortech with their kit. We can flash the processors too from our office, just the flash tool isn't quite ready yet. We are expecting it really soon... so our new website should have an actual ETA shortly.

We can still flash the processor or dyno tune it when one of our employees travels. In fact, we tuned a vortec Focus today and made 270-280RWHP running out of fuel (also picking up nearly 60RWHP over their out of the box tune)

more info here:
http://www.focaljet.com/ubbthreads/s...=&fpart=1&vc=1

The Extreme package will have some end user control, but it's not as risky as using the full blown racer package. There's just enough control to tweak things beyond what your tuner sent you.

Last edited by Brian@SCT; 08-14-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2004 | 12:08 AM
Brian,

So going from the current SCT tuner to the "Extreme" version is just a matter of loading software? Does the actual firmware of the handheld need to updated or is just the addition of the PC software package the only thing needed?

And how far is the Extreme package away from what you guys use? I know you personally use a home-made box to interface between your HP and the OBDII port...

Quick Reply: SCT Handheld Needs More