Lightning

SCT 9100 or Predator

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004 | 12:37 AM
Re: SCT 9100 or Predator

Originally posted by cglenn
what's your choice ? pros ? cons ?
Why dont you choose who is going to tune your truck, and then go with what they sell, whether it is sct or diablo or both.

Old 08-13-2004 | 07:56 AM
|
Re: Re: SCT 9100 or Predator

Originally posted by 03WHITELIGHTNIN
Why dont you choose who is going to tune your truck, and then go with what they sell, whether it is sct or diablo or both.

I have very respectable tuners for both products which are relatively accessible to the Houston area. I was not looking for mud slinging to start but merely looking for a list of pros and cons from current or past users and maybe a fact based list of preferences from tuners.

Old 08-13-2004 | 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
My mistake Sal, sorry about that. :o

But can the diablo software turn the efans on and off using the PCM like my SCT does?
Yep, you can do that with the Revolution stuff as well. You can even do that with some of the single bank Autologic stuff, if the fan stuff was in the bank we had access to. That's nothing new.

Old 08-13-2004 | 12:28 PM
Sal,

How does Autologic and Diablosport deal with a pegged MAF?

Old 08-13-2004 | 01:16 PM
Originally posted by LightningGuy
Sal,

How does Autologic and Diablosport deal with a pegged MAF?
You guys need to get it out of your head that different software "deals" with a pegged MAF differently- it DOESN'T. The software just gives you access to things to be changed. The access is the same whatever software you use. How the individual tuner chooses to deal with the pegged MAF is what sets different methods apart.

Old 08-13-2004 | 02:46 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
You guys need to get it out of your head that different software "deals" with a pegged MAF differently- it DOESN'T. The software just gives you access to things to be changed. The access is the same whatever software you use. How the individual tuner chooses to deal with the pegged MAF is what sets different methods apart.
Are you saying the method of approach within all the different software is all same?

Old 08-14-2004 | 11:28 AM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning

SCT can hold multiple tunes, but the Predator is supposed to get this function and be upgradable.
I went with the predator. I've heard great things about both the Predator and the SCT. It just goes back to the diablo vs superchip debate. They are similar products it just comes down to who you want tuning your vehicle. REM, JLP, LFP, and now Sal at PSP does Diablo, and JDM and some others do Superchips. What's tommy do sct? Anyway I have the Cobra and I went with the Predator because I have had great success in the past with Diablo. (tuned by johnny and rem) Nothing against JDM they have some of the quickest Lightnings out there, they can tune trucks. I just chose to go with the predator because its been out for longer, and I have formed a preferance with Diablo. Over in the Cobra forum at svtperformance James from Running with the Devil has a real good name for tuning these cars. So Im going to give him a shot.
I've heard the predator is going to have the upgrade to hold multiple tunes too... Not sure how soon, or if its going to be free. But isnt that the same as having custom tunes on your laptop and loading them via data cable?
That's pry what I'll be doing once I get my car dynoed.
Shane

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:57 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
I will tell you all right now, there is nothing that can be done with the SCT software that can't be done with Diablo's software.
Thats great news Sal. That means all the Lightning owners with a Diablo can get this great tune too

Old 08-14-2004 | 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Thats great news Sal. That means all the Lightning owners with a Diablo can get this great tune too

Old 08-15-2004 | 01:53 AM
Jerry W tuned my car at a SCT dyno day. It's perfect. I went from a jumpy idle and surging to an idle smooth as stock... even with my cam.

I personally only tune my Ford Vehicles with SCT.

I've heard horror stories about the guys at So. Cal Diablo. Shawn Ellis or some name like that. eh.

But I do believe it's all in the tooner. But I think SCT makes it easy for anybody to tune.

Quick Reply: SCT 9100 or Predator