Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004 | 07:44 PM
|
SCT 9100 or Predator

what's your choice ? pros ? cons ?

Old 08-10-2004 | 08:28 PM
SCT

Old 08-10-2004 | 08:34 PM
Predator.. First off, the device looks nicer and more solid. The SCT has the cheesiest data/power cable setup I've ever seen.. Looks like 1970 radio shack

Predator has the datalogging..

SCT can hold multiple tunes, but the Predator is supposed to get this function and be upgradable.

-Mark

Old 08-10-2004 | 08:40 PM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Predator.. First off, the device looks nicer and more solid. The SCT has the cheesiest data/power cable setup I've ever seen.. Looks like 1970 radio shack

Predator has the datalogging..

SCT can hold multiple tunes, but the Predator is supposed to get this function and be upgradable.

-Mark
I have to agree, predator. You can also adjust different parameters unlike the sct. the Sct is suppose to have this function, but does not.

Old 08-10-2004 | 08:53 PM
All comes down to who you want to tune your truck.. JDM only does SCT, JLP only does diablo.. PSP does both. I care less about the device and more about who is tuning with it.

-Mark

Old 08-11-2004 | 12:16 AM
Too bad neither JDM or JLP can tune well.....

Everything diablo makes has been reverse engineering from ford PCM's.

The SCT stuff is made by one of the people who has the most experience with ford PCM's for high performance use.

Ask Willie or patrick at diablosport whether their tuning software adjusts for IAT2 temperature at WOT to prevent detonation. It doesn't. They haven't figured out how that works yet.

VinniePSVT went from a diablo chip to an SCT chip and gained 8 tenths and 7 mph.

Old 08-11-2004 | 01:04 AM
if you want to really tune the truck, and have some time to learn how to use the technology, i'd save a few more dollars and by either the base model tweecer, or the sct racer package. the basemodel tweecer does not have r/t, but the sct stuff does. or you could wait and see if tweecer ever comes out with some r/t stuff that'll work on the lightning.

these packages go way above the predator and handheld sct stuff.

Old 08-11-2004 | 01:51 AM
Originally posted by MISTERgadget
Too bad neither JDM or JLP can tune well.....

VinniePSVT went from a diablo chip to an SCT chip and gained 8 tenths and 7 mph.

prove both of these points.............

Old 08-11-2004 | 07:51 AM

This comment makes everything you say fall apart. How many people have went from one chip to another and got this? It is all in who did the tune!

Old 08-11-2004 | 08:11 AM
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
...It is all in who did the tune!
Agreed...

Old 08-11-2004 | 05:01 PM
|
what about overall adjustability and tweekability ? I am looking for the best bang for the dollar on overall usability. I know it all comes down to the tuner but one surely has more advantages available to the tuner..

Old 08-11-2004 | 05:44 PM

free post - interested in the IAT2 temperature at WOT comment.

Old 08-11-2004 | 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JimJr
prove both of these points.............
Are either of them engineers who have been trained and have more than 12+ years experience tuning cars both in the aftermarket industry and car manufacturers?

NO.

SCT has the advantage that the software and base files were made by someone who does have that edge.

Who do you think helped create the factory tunes for ford on lightnings back in 99 and made the harley davidson SC computer program so they wouldnt blow up from the greatly increased load? JDM or JLP was never consulted on this, and even though Jim may say he is "in" at ford, nothing could be further from the truth.

To anyone who believes otherwise, enjoy rotting in your ignorance.

Old 08-11-2004 | 07:18 PM
VinniePSVT's truck was a rare case however, his original tune was terrible.(diablo base tune) I'll see if i can get him to pitch in his results

Old 08-11-2004 | 07:19 PM
Are either of them engineers who have been trained and have more than 12+ years experience tuning cars both in the aftermarket industry and car manufacturers?

NO.

SCT has the advantage that the software and base files were made by someone who does have that edge.

Who do you think helped create the factory tunes for ford on lightnings back in 99 and made the harley davidson SC computer program so they wouldnt blow up from the greatly increased load? JDM or JLP was never consulted on this, and even though Jim may say he is "in" at ford, nothing could be further from the truth.

To anyone who believes otherwise, enjoy rotting in your ignorance.
I'm not here to defend JLP or JDM. I did however have one of those SCT base files loaded into my truck for a day. It came back off the next day for my PSP Predator tune. I'm not knocking the SCT device, just pointing out the base tune isn't a catch all/be all. At that point, tuning the truck properly is in the hands of the person tuning your vehicle.

It seems your argument is between the tunes SCT has made for you and other vendors ability to tune. Do you have an argument based on the DEVICE?

-Mark

Quick Reply: SCT 9100 or Predator