Lightning

My L is throwing a lean code

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:31 AM
|
Unhappy My L is throwing a lean code

Hey guys my SES light came on a few days ago. I reset the computer and the light stayed off for a day. Now its back on. I had the codes checked today. P0174 and P0171
I am running too lean on Banks 1 & 2. My Lightning is stock except for the boost bypass and K&N(airbox mod) I heard that there are some hoses by the intake boot that sometimes disconnect? I can't find them?

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:39 AM
There are 2 bigger hoses and 1 small one. They are all underneath the boot. I'll see if I can come up with some pictures.

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:43 AM
A vacuum leak is probably your problem. The hose that I think you may be reffering to are the egr valve hoses. If you look at the motor from the driver side just below the supercharger ther is a black metal bracket that has about 4 sensors on it. I believe its the second or third sensor from the left hand side of that bracket. It's a silver colored sensor tha has to vacuum lines coming from it that connect to the egr tube. One other thing have you changed your fuel fillter latley? Standard practice is every second oil change.

Peace, Suavy

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:46 AM
Are you running the stock oil fill cap? Mine gave me a lean code when I was running a breather in place of the stock fill cap.

Old 08-14-2004 | 12:55 AM
|
Im still running the stock breather cap. I just bought the truck about 3 weeks ago. Im not sure when the last time the fuel filter was changed. Maybe I will do it this weekend. Thanks for the help guys. Tomorrow I will see if I can find those vacuum/egr hoses. A picture would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-14-2004 | 01:07 AM
Not really great pics, but its what I had on the computer.

This 1st picture is the underside of the boot showing one big hose that goes to the IAC and one small hose that goes to the boost solenoid on the side of the supercharger.

This 2nd pic shows the hose that comes out of the IAC and down underneath the blower snout then up into the intake boot.

This 3rd picture shows the other big hose, I'm not sure where it connects to. Also shows the small vacume hose that runs along the side of the supercharger.

Some people might need to correct my descriptions as my memory sucks, and I might of some of the names of things messed up.

Old 08-14-2004 | 02:40 PM
|
Thanks for the pics Sharpshooter! I will check those hoses today. A couple guys said that the MAF sensor might be contaminated with K&N oil? Is their anyway to clean the sensor?

Old 08-14-2004 | 07:20 PM
|
Yes! Problem solved. The big hose that runs under the intake boot, in front of the supercharger was disconnected. Hooked it back up, no SES light. Thanks guys

Old 08-14-2004 | 07:27 PM
Originally posted by fast1
Thanks for the pics Sharpshooter! I will check those hoses today. A couple guys said that the MAF sensor might be contaminated with K&N oil? Is their anyway to clean the sensor?

ive heard you can use electronics cleaner........the plastic safe kind!

Quick Reply: My L is throwing a lean code