Lightning

Saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying hello

I just wanted to say hello, and thank you all for the great info available here. I have a 2003 DSG and have recently begun to mod it.
I have been lurking here and on other sites since last fall, and read the entire archives prior to modifying my pride and joy.
An old school hotrodder, this is my first modern era performance vehicle. It amazes me how easy it is to make such a heavy vehicle run so well,and still be docile enough to drive anywhere with confidence.
I have purchased from most of the popular vendors, and quite honestly am appalled by the lack of customer service and poor response time to recieve parts.
I hope to meet some of you at the northeast events when I get the truck running the way I want it to.
BTW is anyone passing thru Ct. on I95 Saturday on the way to Fun Ford? I heard there was a convoy or two but did not know when. I plan to go to NH saturday morning.
Thanks again for all the help I have already recieved, and I look forward to adding to the discussions in the future.
Jim

Old 08-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I also have an 03 DSG that I have had over a year now. I have been affected with the mod bug as well but is a continuation from previous vehicle bugs This sight is filled with useful information from folks that are willing to share there experience. I try and do the same. I have bought from some of the supporting vendors as well and all I can say is that "customer service goes along way" in my book. Welcome and happy modding

Last edited by lightning66; 08-19-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:44 PM
Re: Saying hello

Originally posted by Ct.TOPGUN
I have purchased from most of the popular vendors, and quite honestly am appalled by the lack of customer service and poor response time to recieve parts.
Jim

Old 08-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Welcome

Old 08-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Whats up!! Good luck and dont be afraid to post pic's.......we love pic's.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Question

I wonder what this comment means???????

""I have purchased from most of the popular vendors, and quite honestly am appalled by the lack of customer service and poor response time to receive parts.""

Are we being taken here for supporting the wrong group of seller /Venders ?? Anyone else not getting good fair services on this issue??

Why did it take you so long to tell or warn someone here of this problem ??

Last edited by ConcreteGuy; 08-19-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Welcome to F150online…

I’ll be at the FFW in Epping New Hampshire on Sunday. Going to try and make it Saturday but most likely wont make it due to work…

Old 08-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Welcome
There are going to be a bunch of Lightnings at New England Dragway this weekend. JDM will be there too. Come up and say hi.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
Welcome
There are going to be a bunch of Lightnings at New England Dragway this weekend. JDM will be there too. Come up and say hi.

Will he be selling hotdogs?

Old 08-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey Jim, WELCOME
AND CONGRATS ON THE LIGHTNING (Smart Choice)
Glad to hear you did so much reading BEFORE moding,
very smart move.

As for Customer Service for some Vendors, "YOUR RIGHT"
there is none, but there are some that provide AWESOME service, stick with the winners, IT'S YOUR PLASTIC

WELCOME, and where's the dam pictures ????

Old 08-19-2004, 09:30 PM
In response to Concreteguy I'd like to say that from what I have read and through my own experiences , it seems that few vendors(supporting and other)answer their phones with knowledgable people or at all. Also with a specific clientel and a rather limited inventory list it would seem to me that more would be in stock for immediate delivery. I guess I have to keep trying until I find an accessable knowledgable vendor who stocks most items for a fair price. As a group Lightning owners are willing to spend a small fortune on speed parts, we just seem to be getting the short end of the stick in one way or another.
Luckily my Lightning is not my primary driver, but delays between ordering and recieving parts is driving me nuts
Jim

Old 08-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Rob, on the picture issue, I am a 40 year old who is just learning the ins and outs of the computer world. This truck is the excuse I needed to get online often and I will soon get up to speed in this area.
Jim