Lightning

Affordable Home Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004 | 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Iam always amazed how people like to judge/critique other peoples vehicles. If this man is happy with the mods on HIS truck, then Iam happy for him. Does this mean I would like to do the same on mine, No. I just respect him for being an individual and trying to make his truck unique.
I remember when I caught a load of chit for putting a cowl hood on my truck. Some members "thought" cowl hoods belonged on GM products, so it had no bussiness on a Ford.
But then again, Iam paying for my truck, so like Redlightn 02, I want to make my truck my own.
Genau!

Old 08-24-2004 | 05:06 PM
Thanks for agreeing with me exactly baddgene

Old 08-24-2004 | 05:28 PM
|
Wouldn't this be a boring site if we didn't have a little controversy, I love it!

Old 08-24-2004 | 05:40 PM
but could you explain what's rice about it.

I don't wanna burst your bubble or anything, but all the very perty things you've done only serve to add bling-bling. Which is the point of "rice".

What's it run in the 1/4?

and btw: A "mod" is NOT addition. A "mod" is when you make a change to a part or replace it all together with a part that does the same function but at a higher capacity.

Adding chrome tape & paint to your gen 2 is NOT a "mod"......IMHO

Rich

Last edited by wydopnthrtl; 08-24-2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-24-2004 | 05:47 PM
Originally posted by wydopnthrtl

I don't wanna burst your bubble or anything, but all the very perty things you've done only serve to add bling-bling. Which is the point of "rice".

What's it run in the 1/4?

and btw: A "mod" is NOT addition. A "mod" is when you make a change to a part or replace it all together with a part that does the same function but at a higher capacity.

Adding chrome tape & paint to your gen 2 is NOT a "mod"......IMHO

Rich

Last edited by Blown347Hatch; 08-24-2004 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-24-2004 | 09:53 PM
Looks good, a few things that just aren't for me, but it is your truck, so as long as you are pleased. Great idea for this thread, you have some great ideas.

Do you have the part number for the gas cap from Pep Boys? Are you pleased with the quality? Did it require any drilling?

Also, has anyone found spray paint that matches the Sonic Blue for use under the hood?

Thanks,

Old 08-24-2004 | 10:03 PM
I think all of you have the definition of rice all wrong…

Rice, generally speaking, is some POS slow *** import car buying all kinds of crap that makes it look like a Fast & Furious 10 second car, not to mention all the stupid foreign stickers you can’t read…

Some people think that the 03 and 04 Lightning’s (I own a 03) are rice because the rear tail lights are clear. I am not touching mine because they look damn good and they are stock so there is nothing rice about it.

There is nothing rice about this guys truck because it is a FAST truck and not a wannabe with all kinds of crap on it to make it “look” like it is suppose to be fast…

If some of you want to call other peoples rides rice at least get the damn definition correct…

Old 08-24-2004 | 10:11 PM
Mod (a.k.a. Modification) is when you modify or “change” the original design of the part or product you have. If you change the color of the paint on the tail gate you have just modified your vehicle. If you change your factory rims to an aftermarket rim you have modified your vehicle.

Modification has nothing to do with speed, it simply involves changing the original design and/or parts that originally came on or with the vehicle. Put seat covers on and you just modified your vehicle…

Old 08-24-2004 | 11:03 PM
Modification has nothing to do with speed,

Well... I did say it was my opinion.

01 XLT Sport,

Brother I'm afraid you might have fallen prey to a marketting weenie somewhere along the line.
If you were to just openly say in a crowd of muscle car geeks. (like this thread) "I modded my Lightning". Would *NOT* the natural reaction be a question pertaining to some sort of power adding devise? Or at the very least something to better apply the already impressive torque?

*IMO* the guys I hang around would laugh out loud if you called painting your intake a "mod".

Come back from the dark side and don't feel too bad either. The static bling gets us all from time to time.

Rich

Old 08-24-2004 | 11:16 PM
|
Originally posted by SVT_KY
Isn't that the same graphic that Sal has? Didn't see
anyone giving him a raft of sheat ...

It's your truck and if YOU'RE happy, the rest can go pound sand, IMHO
It's not the same but similar and you bet I'm happy with my truck, got lots of compliments and looks when I drive it, got second place in the all ford Bass outlet show and when I win a race they won't forget my truck because this is what they'll see. Later..Bert.

Old 08-25-2004 | 12:59 AM
Hey to each his own.. Not my style but if it works for you go for it.
As for the haters pay no mind
I didn't see anyone calling rice to R U SLOW when he put that big fast and furious wing on his truck ..Why cause hes trying to do 200 mph (no offense ruslow just an example) or any one calling rice for all the 12 sec club stickers or 11-10's ect if that aint rice What is ? ,but we all seem to love those things
Hey I give you a big thumbs up for trying something different and taking it like a man..Where alot of others would be crying for people ragging on there mod's
Thats why my truck is stock so I don't have to cry
Slick

Old 08-25-2004 | 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Redlightn 02
F-150 XL dosen't have enough go power to beat most ricers.

I beg to differ. 1997 F150 XL 4.2. Custom made, by me, t3/t4 hybrid turbo system, last dyno at 278/315 at 7psi (with bad MAF function), just upped to 10psi (with fixed MAF function) and added water/meth. Heads, cam, all bolt ons. Most ricers stand 0 chance.

Furthermore, there is nothing wrong with your truck. Its nice. Be happy with what YOU did for little money.

Last edited by streetcrusier; 08-25-2004 at 02:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2004 | 07:15 AM
WOW great early morning reading

Original + Unique Redlightn 02

I may steal your Grill Trick, a small touch of Bling on my nose
would look good I think

(dam I love that Meguiars Tech Wax)

Old 08-25-2004 | 07:39 AM
Originally posted by ONTARIO
oh yes i forgot about the line of fire.....to gaudy (sp?)

i think svt_ky does pound sand, thats what i heard! Thats what the KY in "svt_ky" is used for.

I love the chrome lightning wheel
FOUR WHOLE POSTS, and you open your yap to slam someone???

I bet you're gonna be a real contributor around here, hot dog.

Old 08-25-2004 | 08:41 AM
Originally posted by SVT_KY
FOUR WHOLE POSTS, and you open your yap to slam someone???

I bet you're gonna be a real contributor around here, hot dog.

Quick Reply: Affordable Home Mods!