Lightning

25 HP for $25.00 "Guaranteed"

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a nice kit. I just got this for mine. Sweet controller!!!

Lots of cool feature's. I like that it will monitor my wideband as another safety. I have a lot of wiring to do!!

Eric

Old 08-28-2004, 08:17 PM
NX does not have a good progressive unit, but more of a data logger. Not to mention you need a palm and can't adjust on screen.

Old 08-28-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Kids party huh? Why do I picture a bunch of kids passed out on the floor and lots of empty nitrous bottles.
Well to tell you the truth, things were going great,
then I asked who wanted to see the Paris Hilton Tapes

Sometime after that, it got ugly

Are you going to be at your shop at all tommorrow Sal ?

Old 08-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm more concerned that the kids are half naked. You weren't holding a NAMBLA meeting, were you?

I'll be at the shop around 11:30 and then for most of the day. I don't need the tap though, I got one so you can just stop by to BS if you want.

Old 08-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by racetested
NX does not have a good progressive unit, but more of a data logger. Not to mention you need a palm and can't adjust on screen.
1. Have you used the Maximizer?? (NO is more than likely the answer).

2. No Palm needed either. My laptop is just fine thank you. It gives me the final datalogging peice of the puzzle. Predator, Dynojet wideband and this I now can review nearly EVERY point of data from a run or dyno. Most tuners don't have this much info available at their dyno facilities.

Your post show you are pretty wise with nitrous and it's proper use. Your quick shots at every product other than yours is unwanted nor warranted. I did some comparing of the NX Maximizer to yours i saw no per-gear programming available. Reading all you post the biggest advantage of progressive nitrous application is matching the flow of nitrous to the RPM of the motor. Which as I see it your controller can NOT do in all gears.

I do think your kits are well designed and am convinced they may very well be better than the NX, NOS and ZEX kits especially in the installation. If I hadn't already invested the tiume and $$ on the install of my NX kit I may have went with the Racetested system. I do have to argrue with them (NX and others) being NO GOOD and WRONG. I have gone 11.4 @118+ with a straight 50 shot on a stock motor. Not too shabby.....

BTW......All in all I do enjoy your post and hope to see you as a supporting vendor here soon.

Eric

Old 08-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Guess who used to make the progressives for NX until Mike Wood go to arrogant and demanded sole rights and was told to kiss Highpowers ****.

Laptop or palm, you still can't make quick changes on screen and need an external source.

We have a reset option that can change power levels every time you get off and back on the throttle. Not to mention we just released a whole new upgraded unit that is much better than what you read about.

Also read our tech section about RPM based compared to time based progressive units.

As far as your results, you need to compare off gas times to on gas times. Your overall time tells us nothing.

I have given enough facts already and will just be repeating myself over and over. Yes the other kits can add more power, but they are not designed to deliver power the best way they should. Another example: Our solenoid flow path takes one 90 degree turn from the inlet to the outlet. The other kits take a 90 degree turn in, then a 180 degree turn internally, and then another 90 degree to the outlet. So this is just another reason why there is poor distribution and liquid nitrous never making it near the motor. Every area of the kits needs improving. I just get mad that they never address one issue out of the many and keep taking peoples money on inferior parts.

Originally posted by owheelies
1. Have you used the Maximizer?? (NO is more than likely the answer).

2. No Palm needed either. My laptop is just fine thank you. It gives me the final datalogging peice of the puzzle. Predator, Dynojet wideband and this I now can review nearly EVERY point of data from a run or dyno. Most tuners don't have this much info available at their dyno facilities.

Your post show you are pretty wise with nitrous and it's proper use. Your quick shots at every product other than yours is unwanted nor warranted. I did some comparing of the NX Maximizer to yours i saw no per-gear programming available. Reading all you post the biggest advantage of progressive nitrous application is matching the flow of nitrous to the RPM of the motor. Which as I see it your controller can NOT do in all gears.

I do think your kits are well designed and am convinced they may very well be better than the NX, NOS and ZEX kits especially in the installation. If I hadn't already invested the tiume and $$ on the install of my NX kit I may have went with the Racetested system. I do have to argrue with them (NX and others) being NO GOOD and WRONG. I have gone 11.4 @118+ with a straight 50 shot on a stock motor. Not too shabby.....

BTW......All in all I do enjoy your post and hope to see you as a supporting vendor here soon.

Eric

Old 08-29-2004, 04:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eric, I've used lots of nitrous controllers, so here's my take on it...

I had the original Maximizer from NX on my truck. It had great features, but for some reason my unit never worked right. It went back to NX 3 times, and never came back once working right. This unit was made by Highpower. When NX had their fallout with Highpower, they no longer supported that unit, and basically told me to go scratch. So I've got a $500 paperweight that never worked.

Then NX came out with their new unit, the one you have. I was impressed by the features and the tuning ability. I asked NX to swap mine out, and I'd pay the difference (which was hefty). If figured they would do it since mine never worked, and also since I am an NX Master Distributor. They pretty much laughed at me.

I have worked with that new unit on customers trucks. I admit that it's really neat, but having to make changes with a laptop or palm pilot gets really annoying at the track (or dyno). I can't say anything bad about it other than it's a little annoying.

Now I have the NEW Maximzer, made by Highpower. This one is manufactured by a different company and is totally different. I just installed it on my truck less than an hour ago. It is very impressive, and program changes are made right on the unit, and done in seconds. It has many more features than the previous unit.

Another thing to consider is customer service. I didn't have to mention that my first Maximizer was made by Highpower as it makes Highpower look bad. But I did so for a reason. The company I purchased it from (NX), turned their backs on me for support on it. But Highpower/Racetested took it back from me and gave me a credit on it, and not only do they not make it anymore, but I didn't even BUY IT FROM THEM. That's customer service. Let's hope NX doesn't split from the company that made your new NX unit.

Old 08-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Sal I couldn't make it today and since you already had the tap I decided to chill instead.

As you said the service has been unreal with Denny, Race Tested + Trev. I truly hope you end up selling Denny's products, or he becomes a Vendor,
OR SOMETHING...............

I know we got a great product here, a new approach in Nitrous Injection, and I believe many can benefit over its deliver options,
(which also happens to make our Nitrous use safer)

Sal, I should have a Black Diablo Multi Chip "shortly"...
(Our F-15 Brother (Tony) is hooking me up, THANKS TONY)
I'm thinking a group effort between You, Race Tested (a new built lower end) and my truck can get me into the 10's with your tuning skills, Denny's Sponsorship, WOO HOO
(Oh, I got to talk to you about that Denny, hehehehe)
and of course the Race Tested Kit pumping @ 250 HP through a PSP Lower. I CAN SEE IT NOW Nitrous Ronbo goes 10.89 on his PSP / Race Tested Beast,
and still drives it to Church on Sundays, OR TT bars
OR SOMETHING
all using a stock upper Motor and my Wasp Eaton
So do we have a deal guys

Eric, the funny part about our Pal Denny here is,
I met him in a post, started some schitt with him, pushed some buttons, argued a bit, asked for some proof, and then installed his i150 Kit/Minimax/TPS, and became a walking commercial for his Products. OK I got to admit my Buddy does come off a bit strong at time (come on Denny, play nice, say something nice to Eric, he's Family and he said nice things about your Products, hehehe...)

Old 08-29-2004, 07:12 PM
The first thing I have to say is thanks to F150 for being patient with me. The moderators and owners have let me get away with quite a bit for not being a vendor yet. I'll will become a paying vendor shortly.

My attitude is not the best sometimes, but it's who I am. I need a guy like you Rob to handle public relations.

I have no issues with users of other kits at all. I just don't have a lot of respect for the companies themselves. They owe it to the hard working customers to do better.

Whatever you need Rob we can supply you with. The nice thing about our products is they are upgradable and don't need replacing.

Old 08-29-2004, 08:03 PM
Soon to be Vendor
Now a Senior member

WOO HOO .....................

Yep we got us a new generation Diablo Chip coming shortly Denny. With Your money, Sal's Motor + Tuning, and My Lightning,
we can make history
OR SOMETHING....

BTW, good time of year to become a Vendor (Thumbs Up)
Soon we're all out there going for Big Numbers in the cooler air, and then right afterwards the Moding gets serious getting ready for Spring Racing. Plus we all love to buy X-Mas gifts for ourselves,
: o )

and if it gets slow, we can always talk about how I whooped Gators Butt AGAIN (which will be next time out with the Wizard)

Old 08-29-2004, 08:16 PM
My money? Your not going to get very far with a hand full of change.

Last edited by racetested; 08-30-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:49 AM
Ahh you caught that hu

Whats a guy got to do to get a free built lower end around here Come on Vendors, help a poor old man out.....

We'll see what this winter brings, who knows it's only plastic.....
but before that with your system, proper Jets, a new style Chip and Programs, we're going to do just fine

Hey Denny, if I wanted to do the swap for a Maximizer,
how difficult OR DIFFERANT will my wiring be compared to the Minimax already wired in ? Remember I use your TP-1 also

Old 08-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Rob,
You will have to pull all new wires. The Maximiser has additional wires because you can then control the fuel and nitrous solenoid separately. You can see the different wiring diagrams in our tech section.

Quick Reply: 25 HP for $25.00 "Guaranteed"