Lightning

My truck is a oil hog!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004 | 02:31 PM
|
Angry My truck is a oil hog!

OK, you guys remember my old thread about oil covering everything from the ruber intake boot the the lower intake? Well, my truck was down for 2 and half weeks after waiting on Apten to send a ported S/C. I called them a few times and found out that there was a problem with my cc. So untile I get that problem lined out, I threw my old S/C back on the truck. When I did I added a few things.

I bought this kit that Rob suggested. Then I got a oil seperator. I installed both when I put the S/C back on, which was last Tuesday.

Well today, I checked the sep. to see if there was any oil. This is what I found.

So, after about 5 days, this much oil is still getting threw. I have hopped on the gas a few times but nothing big, just a few quick get up and go on a long empty street.

So, I am somewhat pissed. What else should I try? Do breather caps help?

Please help, this BS is crazy.

Old 08-29-2004 | 02:37 PM
So what's the problem, the seperator is doing it's job just drain the oil in a foam cup and pour it back in the engine. I got that much oil in one day, maybe I need to ease off a little more.

Old 08-29-2004 | 04:38 PM
Old 08-29-2004 | 05:25 PM
Originally posted by EZGZ
http://lightning-enterprise.com/pcv.html

The Lightning Enterprise one works!!!!!

Friday when my engine was removed to put in new one in I checked the intercooler and dry as a bone and no oil residue. A few small flaks of teflon was in there off the rotors but I'm not worried about that.

Old 08-29-2004 | 05:32 PM
I hear some people say their truck passes oil through the line to the intake and intercooler. I also hear some people say they don't have any problems with oil blow by.
A few questions on the issue. First, does the excessive boost create more blow by than a stock truck? Excessive boost seems like a possible contributor, but I'm staying modified. Second, Does everyone put in the 6 quarts of oil that is stated by the factory when you change the oil. 6 quarts is just below half way up on the dip stick when I recently changed it. But the previous owner had the oil all the way to the top of the full mark on the dip stick, or 6 1/2 to 7 quarts. Excessive oil seems it would greatly contribute to our problem.

Old 08-29-2004 | 05:46 PM
Originally posted by CarolinaL
I hear some people say their truck passes oil through the line to the intake and intercooler. I also hear some people say they don't have any problems with oil blow by.
A few questions on the issue. First, does the excessive boost create more blow by than a stock truck? Excessive boost seems like a possible contributor, but I'm staying modified. Second, Does everyone put in the 6 quarts of oil that is stated by the factory when you change the oil. 6 quarts is just below half way up on the dip stick when I recently changed it. But the previous owner had the oil all the way to the top of the full mark on the dip stick, or 6 1/2 to 7 quarts. Excessive oil seems it would greatly contribute to our problem.
Only add 6qts of oil with filter and if it only shows half way on your dip stick I suspect you have the wrong dip stick.

High boost does contribute to more oil in intake and as I stated above this one works: http://lightning-enterprise.com/pcv.html

By the way I run 22lbs of boost....

Old 08-29-2004 | 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jarmstro
Only add 6qts of oil with filter and if it only shows half way on your dip stick I suspect you have the wrong dip stick.

High boost does contribute to more oil in intake and as I stated above this one works:
By the way I run 22lbs of boost....
Nope, that sounds about right. Mine shows a little under half way on the dip stick as well. I believe Superfords has stated that is about right, but I could be wrong.

Old 08-30-2004 | 12:47 AM
|
Originally posted by jarmstro
The Lightning Enterprise one works!!!!!

Friday when my engine was removed to put in new one in I checked the intercooler and dry as a bone and no oil residue. A few small flaks of teflon was in there off the rotors but I'm not worried about that.
Re-READ my post and click the link. I have the Lightning Enterprise kit on the truck and oil is still getting to the seperator.

Old 08-30-2004 | 03:07 AM
You need the L&S Oil Seperator system.

It is 98% effective and the oil drains back into the crankcase as it is collected.

Quick Reply: My truck is a oil hog!