Lightning

Predator Tuner??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004 | 09:53 PM
|
Predator Tuner??

I have purchased a Predator Tuner. It is the newest one. My question is......I've read about NOT to put the "shelf" tune on my truck. I have a 2# pulley and that's it. Has Daiblo changed their stock tune yet or what?? I'm thinking of putting the shelf tune on and seeing if I have any detonation and if sooooo going to a dyno and getting it tuned. If anyone has any thoughts please reply.

Thanks,

J

Old 08-30-2004 | 11:44 PM
Well if you got it through a supporting vendor on this forum, it should come with a free tune. If you do decide to use the stock pully tune, get it to the dyno immediately and see what the air/fuel is like, and do some datalogging and see what the timing is like. Then you can adjust from there.

Old 08-31-2004 | 08:26 AM
I know some vendors send out the Tuner with 3 or more tunes already downloaded. Go to www.diablosport.com

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:19 PM
Re: Predator Tuner??

Originally posted by jboss10
I have purchased a Predator Tuner. It is the newest one. My question is......I've read about NOT to put the "shelf" tune on my truck. I have a 2# pulley and that's it. Has Daiblo changed their stock tune yet or what?? I'm thinking of putting the shelf tune on and seeing if I have any detonation and if sooooo going to a dyno and getting it tuned. If anyone has any thoughts please reply.

Thanks,

J
take it over to Mike Murrillo and he can tune / check your tune.
his shop is behind Rolling Oaks Mall

http://www.murillomotorsports.com/contact.html

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:28 PM
If you're going to use a preloaded tune, use the non pulley tune. The "pulley tune" is way too aggressive and people have posted about hurting their motors. It's your truck, but I'd definitely get a dyno session done right away. I had JLP create a custom tune for my L which he emailed to me. I'm very pleased witht the results.

Old 08-31-2004 | 04:39 PM
The off the shelf tune on the predator is aggressive, but works very well if you can get good gas.
I also run a two pound pulley and after a discussion with diablo tech support run the "performance tune". I raised the shift points slightly and run with no detonation. A/F was under 12-1.
The pulley tune is actually less aggressive by over one degree less timing and even fatter A/F.
I suggest boosting the octane by adding xylene or toluene(I run one gallon xylene to 10 gallons 93 and 1/2 oz of Marvel Mystery Oil).
Get a wideband or a dyno test to be absolutely sure, but I am running GOOD.
Jim

Quick Reply: Predator Tuner??