Lightning

Oil change turned fishy

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004 | 03:37 PM
sweet pics!!!

Reminds me of all the summer vacations spent in Colorado. I spent 4 weeks hiking/mountain biking/off roading this summer and it was a blast.

Where abouts in Colorado was that? the area looks familiar.

Old 08-31-2004 | 09:49 PM
|
When you get in the mountains it all looks familiar. You always seem to have to walk up hill and always run out of breath. I need a SC for my face.

This area is only about 30 miles from Wyonming.
Its just heading up the west side off the plains. There are no towns, no people, no traffic. Thats why the road is all patched and narrow.
The Pouder River canyon road is about 100 miles from the bottom to the top with not many paved oportunites to bail out ounce you get started.
This shot is leaving the river area and heading up the pass.

On my way back down I saw some guys on crotch rockets carving there way up. Zip, Zip, Zip they were buy me before I could even turn in the camera. Leaning in the curve, leaning forward head on the tank and knee out at a 90degree angle to help with the center of gravity.
About 2 miles further I see the cop in a jeep wagoneer who looks like he is in a hurry in there direction Not a chance of catching them but there is always the radio..... which don't work to good in those canyons.
Good Luck bikers

Old 08-31-2004 | 10:27 PM
Man, I wish I could be there! Very Nice!!!

Old 09-01-2004 | 01:51 PM
If I could make a living in Ouray or Telluride, I'd be gone tomorrow. Perfect would be central Texas in winter with trips to second home in Telluride for sking and the rest of the winter here in Texas. Then all summer (memorial day to labor day) in Telluride (lower 50's in the AM and 70's in the afternoon).

Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Jerry

Old 09-01-2004 | 03:53 PM
Lower 50's in the am Only in the vally's. We were in that area in June and July and a few AM's it got below 30* out. This was around 12-13,000' though.

The road from Silverton to Ouray is awesome and so is Black Bear pass that leads from Silverton to Telluride.

Old 09-01-2004 | 08:03 PM
|
Here is a shot of my 99 on the Colorado National Mounment a couple years ago. It is a 30 mile loop that starts at Grand Jct.
I rarely found traffic when I used to go over it at sunrise and sundown. That way the ranger station was closed and I didn't have to pay fees

I have lived here over 40 years. Mostly in Denver area but recently did a 3 year stint in Grand Jct. I missed my friends and family and couldn't take day after day of 100 degree heat. I moved back to the Denver side to the smaller town of Loveland.
I did take advantage of the local fun in Grand Jct. and bought a electric start dirt bike to explore and play. Thats me on the right waving at a hill known as skinney ridge. Seems like a couple people a year get killed playing on it. The pic doesn't do it justice.

I know it seems like I have a lot of toys. But the trade off was giving up drinking, smoking, and doping 17 years ago.
Not that I am any less addictive I just exchanged my habits for more social exceptable ones. I am still a sick puppy that has to stay busy. I like to work hard and play hard.

Old 09-01-2004 | 08:30 PM
Originally posted by EZGZ

BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!

later,
chris

Old 09-01-2004 | 09:07 PM
Originally posted by EZGZ

I know it seems like I have a lot of toys. But the trade off was giving up drinking, smoking, and doping 17 years ago.
Not that I am any less addictive I just exchanged my habits for more social exceptable ones. I am still a sick puppy that has to stay busy. I like to work hard and play hard.
Should have done what I did,

Get a second job at nights. That way I didn't have to give up nuthing

Old 09-01-2004 | 09:56 PM
|
I did plenty of the working second jobs and weekends while I was young but never had time to play.

Then the wifey ditched me and the kids.
So if finished letting the kids raise me.
As soon as they left the nest I went back to being a kid.
I like it that way.
Now I can spoil my grandchilderen and teach them my good habits.

Quick Reply: Oil change turned fishy