Lightning

Please critique my letter.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 04:17 PM
|
Please critique my letter.

This is a copy of an email I just sent to a company which owes me a refund. Before placing the order, I called and got confirmation they would ship to my FPO address, and I'd pay the charges (almost $200). Whacha think? Was I fair enough? Too weak/strong? And notice I didn't mention the company's name, though I'm sure most of you know it.

I would like to know please, why my refund has yet to be processed? I ordered an exhaust system about 3 weeks ago, but because of your decision to not ship it, the order was cancelled. My card was charged the day of the order, but almost 3 weeks later, my refund cannot be processed? I have since ordered another exhaust from another company, had it shipped here, found out I was overcharged by the company, and have had my card credited for the overcharge, all in the time of waiting for you to process my refund. I have called and cannot get past the automated system. I feel I have been patient enough and would like my credit to be done today. If not, I will seek other recourse. Thank you.

Old 09-14-2004 | 04:27 PM
That's to the point.

On a side note, how's Naples? Is the Piano Bar still there? I think that was the name of it. There was also a bar where you walk in and walk down some stairs. A lot red carpet I think. And a lot of women trying to take your money. I was there in '89 on a Med cruise. Liberty King of the USS Nitro Med Cruise '89!!!!

Old 09-14-2004 | 04:39 PM
|
If you've spent any time in Naples, you'll know what I mean when I say, "Naples is Naples!" Ain't nothing changed, and the Napolitanis ain't gonna let it I gotta say though, it's growing on me. I've been here about 8 months and grew comfortable enough with the culture, read: crazy *** driving, that I decided to finally ship my truck. It should be here in a week or two. I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas:santa:

As for those spots you mentioned, I believe the Piano Bar is still alive and kicking. That other bar sounds like my house

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:17 PM
Originally posted by baddgene
If you've spent any time in Naples, you'll know what I mean when I say, "Naples is Naples!" Ain't nothing changed, and the Napolitanis ain't gonna let it I gotta say though, it's growing on me. I've been here about 8 months and grew comfortable enough with the culture, read: crazy *** driving, that I decided to finally ship my truck. It should be here in a week or two. I'm like a kid waiting on Christmas
As for those spots you mentioned, I believe the Piano Bar is still alive and kicking. That other bar sounds like my house
Cool. I was only there on a couple of port calls, but I do remember the traffic. And damn, your truck is going be like BigFoot compared to everything else.

Enjoy it and don't run anybody over.

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:22 PM
The first thing I'd do is to call the credit card company and deny the charge. The seller is in violation of his merchant agreement if you are billed prior to shipment unless it is a custom or special order. If you do insist on sending a letter, you might consider the following edit.

I would like to know, please, why my refund has yet to be processed? I ordered an exhaust system about 3 weeks ago, but because of your decision to not ship it, the order was cancelled. My card was charged the day of the order, but almost 3 weeks later, my refund cannot be processed? I have called and cannot get past the automated system. Please process my credit upon receipt of this letter. Thank you.
I've deleted the reference to the other supplier, since what someone else does properly is of little interest to deadbeats. I've also deleted the part about other recourse because I'd have already taken my recourse in denying the charge. At that point the letter becomes academic. If you are at an FPO, they know you have very little available to you in easy recourse.

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:32 PM
IMO you were waaaaaaaaaay too nice Gene
I thought your name was BAD Gene, hehehehehe

I don't believe in the sugar vs honey theory
I believe the squeaky wheel gets the oil

Here's the way I personally would have written the letter

Hey *******,
I would like to know why the hell my refund has yet to be processed? I ordered an exhaust system about 3 weeks ago, but because of you’re incompetence and lack of customer service,
it did not ship. I cancelled the order, and placed it with a real Company that knows how to treat a Customer. I already received
their exhaust, installed it, and even found out later my card was over charged, NO PROBLEM "They" IMMEDIATELY refunded the difference, yet you charged me the day of the order and still have not issued credit. If you need me to come down there and wrap my hands around your neck, I gladly will, but I will give you one last chance to refund my money before I rip you frucking head off, and schitt down your neck.

Your Truly
Rob

I honestly DO NOT know who that letter is to ???
or what happen to you Gene, so if it's anyone here your writing it to, PLEASE DO NOT take offence, I'm simply critiquing the letter as the post asked (wow I never used that word before)
WOO HOO

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:34 PM
|
Originally posted by kerno
I've deleted the reference to the other supplier, since what someone else does properly is of little interest to deadbeats. I've also deleted the part about other recourse because I'd have already taken my recourse in denying the charge. At that point the letter becomes academic. If you are at an FPO, they know you have very little available to you in easy recourse.
TY for the input kerno (phonetically correct version?). I believe the situation may soon be rectified as I have subsequently received a reply email stating the card will be credited today.

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:45 PM
Of course they're going to credit your account, as soon as I read your post, I send them My Letter and signed your name

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:50 PM
|
Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning
Of course they're going to credit your account, as soon as I read your post, I send them My Letter and signed your name
That's what I'm talking about!! Support our troops!

Old 09-14-2004 | 06:51 PM
LOL........I am guessing that "someone" must have read your post....LOL.

Now if you don't get the refund...........post who it is.

Rocks

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:56 PM
Dear chitbag company,

Good afternoon. I ordered an exhaust system from you but your were unable to ship it to an FPO. I understand that issue but do not understand why you billed my credit card. I respectfully request you credit my credit card before you finish reading my email and here is why:

I am in the military and terrorist have extremely pissed me off lately. I am fully qualified to use my automatic weapon and am waiting outside your door with a few of my other highly skilled and pissed off buddies. You have approx. 20 seconds to complete the transaction of crediting my credit card before we KICK DOWN YOU GOT DAMN DOOR!!!!!

Very respectfully and with all due respect,
The guy that protects you and your family’s freedom…

GO USA!!!

How’s that?

Old 09-14-2004 | 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
Dear chitbag company, ............

I am fully qualified to use my automatic weapon and am waiting outside your door with a few of my other highly skilled and pissed off buddies..............

You have approx. 20 seconds to complete the transaction.........

How’s that?
LOOKS PERFECT TO ME

Old 09-15-2004 | 12:48 AM
Excuse me but you could add that his Canadian pissed of friends are also coming down the road to get what's left...Pay the man his money !!!

Old 09-15-2004 | 01:01 AM
Hey, on a side note, did they reflag the 325th that was there a few years ago? Is it now 173rd BDE? Ive been out for a few years, and just curious.

Old 09-15-2004 | 04:31 AM
|
Originally posted by PolishSVT
Hey, on a side note, did they reflag the 325th that was there a few years ago? Is it now 173rd BDE? Ive been out for a few years, and just curious.
Yup, it is the 173rd, but that's way up north in Vicenza.

Quick Reply: Please critique my letter.