Lightning

new l with old chip

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 08:57 PM
|
Question new L with old chip

Hello, I bought a '02 L about a month ago. When I bought it I also bought the chip, 6 lb. pulley, and belt that was taken off the truck prior to selling it. My uncle works there so I know it was off that truck. I talked to the previous owner and the parts are from P.S.P. I talked to P.S.P. and they said the chip is set for an agressive tune so I should send it in for Reprogram. Not a problem. My ? is, Should I send in the chip or take the truck to a Tuner in Chicago for a new chip, pulley and Dyno run. I guess I'm new to all of this, but have read tons of postsand learn daily. I just need to know if the truck is going to run good by sending the chip by mail. Any inputs would be great. Thank you

Last edited by nait002; 09-14-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2004 | 09:07 PM
Sal (PSP) can definately make your truck run great via mail.

your local guy may or may not know Lightnings, so it's somewhat of a gamble.

it's definately true that you should have the tuner and the dyno and the truck all in one spot at the same time in order to get an optimal tune.

but Sal has been doing Lightnings and mail order chips for a long time now, he'll make you happy.

good luck either way.

later,
chris

BTW, the numbers in my sig are from Sal's tuning

Old 09-14-2004 | 09:24 PM
Drive to NY to have it tuned.

I left from LANSING MI and was there and back in 3 days

Old 09-15-2004 | 05:48 PM
|
so superfords I shouldn't be afraid to just send her in and get a good tune. I'm only using it as a daily driver and the strip once a month mabey. Just looking for that little extra H.P.

Quick Reply: new l with old chip