Lightning

Bottle Heater will not work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottle Heater will not work?

I am using the quick disconnects that came with the NX bottle heater to connect the heater to the relay and ground and also to connect the pressure thing on the bottle to the relay and power.
I accidentally connected the wrong ones for a second. I hooked everything back up correct; and now the heater does not work. I thought it was the relay, bought a replacement and it still does not work. I have power going to the relay and power going to the pressure thing but no power going to the heater. Is there anyway to check and see if the pressure thing is working. I think that is my issue since power goes from that to the heater and there is no power going to the heater. It is pressure sensative but must be stuck closed or something. Has anyone had any similar problems?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM
I think that if the bottle pressure is over 900psi, then the heater will not activate assuming you are using the bottle mounted pressure switch.

good luck.

later,
chris

Old 09-20-2004, 02:25 PM
that is correct, but I do not have any pressure gauge just yet. I thought maybe they over filled the bottle and there was too much pressure, but the bottle has to be 1/2 empty now and still no luck.

Do you know if heater will go on if I do not open the bottle and flip the switch on?
For some reason I have power on everything except the heater.

I guess I should invest in that pressure gauge.

Quick Reply: Bottle Heater will not work?