Lightning

Powder coating info? attn: TXSVTLIGHTNING

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Powder coating info? attn: TXSVTLIGHTNING

I am in the process of finding a powder coater to bake my stock 04 rims glossy black. TXSVTLIGHTNING, I noticed your rims, and am wondering if you could advise on how to go about it. And anyone else, if you can.

A local coater here has quoted a price of $325.00 for 4 wheels, sandblasting included. 2 days turnaround time. Does this sound about standard?

Any special instructions on leaving a polished lip, with the gloss black wheels?

Thanks!
joe

Old 09-20-2004, 03:09 PM
i had mine powdercoated right before i went off to school. didn't leave a polished lip though. 325 seems pretty steep, but that is a good turnaround time. mine were 160 including sandblasting and i had them after a week. They are damn near impossible to keep clean though... I put a good solid coat of meguiars wax on them right after i got them and wipe them down with armor all wipes at least 2-3 times a week.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:17 PM
they do show dust much more than stock silver finish. http://www.wheeltechnologies.com in dfw area did mine, picked them up too (almost 200 miles each way from me) in a 26 hour turnaround, as well as painted the center caps and handled the mounting of the tires and balancing. Went through friend at local dealership so i got a little break.

They coated the whole wheel then put them on a lathe and spun them with a fine tip tool for the machine finish lip/rims.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by birdy111
They are damn near impossible to keep clean though... I put a good solid coat of meguiars wax on them right after i got them and wipe them down with armor all wipes at least 2-3 times a week.
There is your problem......Armor All attracts dust.

--Joe

Old 09-20-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by soap
There is your problem......Armor All attracts dust.

--Joe
i'm an idiot.. ahahah

Old 09-20-2004, 05:37 PM
ArmorAll makes multiple types of wipes, the normal shine ones, cleaning ones, glass ones and leather wipes.

Quick Reply: Powder coating info? attn: TXSVTLIGHTNING