Lightning

why I love my lightning (vent)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why I love my lightning (vent)

How many vehicle can do the following without changing a thing (including tires)

run 12's in the 1/4 mile
Go through a slalom fairly well
have good 60-0 braking distances
Haul a garage load of "stuff" where-ever yu need it to go
Pull a trailer with the "trailer queen" inside.
Has a supercharger whine that's louder than the exhaust.
sit 3 people, and about 10 in the bed.
can sustain 120mph for as long as you want.
power seats, mirrors, A/C, cruise tilt etc....
Plus compared to the new imports and fwd cars, its fairly easy to work on.

I have a friend that has an extremely quick "puke green" '69 camaro in Howell, MIch. It is extremely fast. 10's all day. and he always tries to make me look bad infront of other people saying "I'll run you for titles"
My come back is OKAY, here are the rules.
10 points for winner in 1/4 mile
10 points for comfort
10 points for hauling the most
10 points for pulling a trailer
10 points for a race up to lansing (30 minutes away takinghte expresway)
10 points for slalom
10 points for braking.

WITHOUT changing a thing on the vehicle, he with the most points wins.
For some reason he never takes me up on that offer. he'd get 20 points (1/4 mile and braking).

I guess I'm just frustrated that people on here complain so much about the truck. (hell I did when it wasn't running righ tall summer) But it's just that a truck, not a sports car, not a race truck, it's a piece of farm equipment.

don't like it being called a piece of farm equipment? it is. Lo9ad up the bed with manure and off you go.
next time someone wants to race you, just ask them why? you drive a piece of farm equipment and how would they feel if a piece of farm equipment beat them.

The lightning by FAR is the bang for the buck to come around in years. HEMI owners will disagree (cheaper MSRP and put a blower on it) but how many actually do it.

WIth under $1000 you can be in the 12's.
I remember when 5.0 stangs were considered fast with their 225hp. getting into the 13's were a big deal. (I know now you can do it real cheap, but i'm talking back in the day)

so there you go, a TRUCK that can haul stuff in it's bed, pull a trailer queen, the interior is fairly comfy, and does 13's stock and 12's with a little money.

what else out there can do that?
Lambo? Ferrari? Corvette? Porsche? WRX STI? Lancer Evo? Viper? Cyclone? (nope) Chevy SS? Dodge srt-10 ram? (nope can't tow)

You gotta luv it when a corvette wants to race a svt f-150. Just be sure to clean all the manure out of the bed BEFORE you line up.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:50 PM
I gotta agree with you but I never could get into the 12's with the F1s..................

Dan

Old 09-20-2004, 09:26 PM
there are so many reasons i like my L that it is hard to list them all. the #1 has to be chicks dig it

Old 09-20-2004, 09:29 PM
I hate my lightning, first someone keyed it, and this morning, someone set fire to my side view mirror, when will this vandalism stop!

Old 09-21-2004, 12:37 AM
Dman25, sorry to hear that. I hate it when people mess with someone elses stuff just cuz they wish they had one. Best of luck.

Old 09-21-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Dman25
...and this morning, someone set fire to my side view mirror, when will this vandalism stop!
WTF?

What did they do, douse it with lighter fluid and put a flame to it? That's f'ed up. Hope you catch whos doing it.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:33 AM
That sucks. I had my truck 3 days when someone punched out my lock, broke in, and punched out the ignition trying to steal it. Fixed it the next week. The day after I get it back from bodyshop, I go to the mall....came out...same thing. Fixed the door handle AGAIN. One week later....same thing. One month later....tried stealing my tires...and slashed two of them in the process. BUT...they never got my "L". Thank goodness for Viper Alarms

Some people.

Old 09-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by afchad
That sucks. I had my truck 3 days when someone punched out my lock, broke in, and punched out the ignition trying to steal it. Fixed it the next week. The day after I get it back from bodyshop, I go to the mall....came out...same thing. Fixed the door handle AGAIN. One week later....same thing. One month later....tried stealing my tires...and slashed two of them in the process. BUT...they never got my "L". Thank goodness for Viper Alarms

Some people.

DAMN...remind me to never take the L to Tampa!

OH and by the way I love my L too. I have a friend that has a 00 C5 with mods and he can take me on the highway, not to bad but he can take me, but from a stop to an 1/8 or so I kill him...he always talk crap that overall his car is faster, that is when I ask him if he can take a camber to go camping, haul a boat to go fishing, load the car up with 2 tons of what ever he wanted for what ever reason, and then go run 12's when your done...he he, he shuts his hole for a little bit.

Last edited by ND4SPD; 09-21-2004 at 02:00 AM.

Quick Reply: why I love my lightning (vent)