Lightning

ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I have a question about a valve body I want to install on my 00bolt. I have heard that the ftvb (2c)are great and I've heard that they're ok. I'm looking for very positive shifts not just firmer shifts but I've heard the 2cr is just too much for a dd. I was wondering if anyone out there happens to be running a 4c which last I heard was just a prototype that only gregg was running. Is the 4c avail. and where can I get one. Any help would be GREAT.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Hey just shoot Gregg an email over at FT. He is an outstanding guy and will take care of you.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:52 PM
the 2cr is special order only and he has only made a handful of them. Race only.

the 2c is what everyone runs, it is an outstanding product!

the 4c was released to a few people for testing, to the best of my knowledge he is not selling them yet.

basically you are going to get the 2c. It is the BEST mod I've ever put on my trck

Old 10-01-2004, 01:44 AM
I have one of Greggs 2CRs and 3000 stall converters. They work flawlessly together. You can hardly feel the shift until the converter locks up. Once the converter locks up , hold on.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Re: ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Originally posted by OneFastBlkBolt
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I have a question about a valve body I want to install on my 00bolt. I have heard that the ftvb (2c)are great and I've heard that they're ok. I'm looking for very positive shifts not just firmer shifts but I've heard the 2cr is just too much for a dd. I was wondering if anyone out there happens to be running a 4c which last I heard was just a prototype that only gregg was running. Is the 4c avail. and where can I get one. Any help would be GREAT.
OneFastBlkBolt,

The 2C is the only one we're selling now and it's still the best for street and strip. The 2C-R can still be built but it shifts extremely hard and is not really good for the street, we consider it a full race valve body.

The 4C was an experiment that didn't work out for the Lightning guys. It's more suited for diesel guys that are into the pulling scene. It has a smoother 1-2 shift than the 2C. The 2C has also been slightly improved lately and is better than ever.

I have now sold over 1000 2C FTVB's and have NO unhappy customers. Pretty strong statement, hu?

2C Factory Tech Valve Bodies <---- Click Here

Tim @ Chikenears

Old 10-01-2004, 09:20 AM
I had the 2C in my truck for about two years. I loved how it shifted but I wanted something a little harder. I put the 2CR in last week and when I fired up my built long block for the first time I got to test it out. I didn't get on it at all and you could tell the 2CR was there. With the 2C you had to get on it to notice it. I loved my 2C to death and so will you. I traded my 4C in for the 2CR. In other words, GET THE 2C!!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2004, 10:29 AM
I love my 2CR, it's just what I wanted.

Old 10-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Re: Re: ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Originally posted by Chikenears
OneFastBlkBolt,

The 2C is the only one we're selling now and it's still the best for street and strip. The 2C-R can still be built but it shifts extremely hard and is not really good for the street, we consider it a full race valve body.

The 4C was an experiment that didn't work out for the Lightning guys. It's more suited for diesel guys that are into the pulling scene. It has a smoother 1-2 shift than the 2C. The 2C has also been slightly improved lately and is better than ever.

I have now sold over 1000 2C FTVB's and have NO unhappy customers. Pretty strong statement, hu?

Tim @ Chikenears
I have read and seen many people recommend the FTVB for a mod that is very worth the money and will make your trans much happier. Does it really make your sneakers(tires) talk in 2d when you get on the gas? and since my mechanical skills suck an dI would have a shop install it what is the average price for a install(ballpark) and I suppose the 4x4 trans pan would be a smart call also while Im at it? I know the extra fluid is nice as well as the drain plug I am sure. Im just curious what I would notice once that baby is slapped on? Thank you my L brotha'.

Old 10-01-2004, 05:51 PM
I have the 2cr, and it's a daily driver. I LOVE IT! afchad has one in his too, and he loves it also.

Phil

Old 10-07-2004, 07:33 PM
Re: Re: ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Originally posted by Chikenears
OneFastBlkBolt,

Tim @ Chikenears
Hey Tim, will the 2cr have any adverse affects on the tranny or any other part or parts of my truck, u joints, rear end etc? I really want the shifts to hit hard, not just better or firmer. If the truck can handle it I can handle it but can the truck handle it??? On a "full race" valve body do you have to shift manually in other words is the 2cr a fully manual valve body??? Thanks for any advise Tim. you can email me any time @ onefastblkbolt@yahoo.com

Old 10-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Re: Re: Re: ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?

Originally posted by OneFastBlkBolt
Hey Tim, will the 2cr have any adverse affects on the tranny or any other part or parts of my truck, u joints, rear end etc? I really want the shifts to hit hard, not just better or firmer. If the truck can handle it I can handle it but can the truck handle it??? On a "full race" valve body do you have to shift manually in other words is the 2cr a fully manual valve body??? Thanks for any advise Tim. you can email me any time @ onefastblkbolt@yahoo.com
I think a lot of people are misl-lead here. When you do the "FTVB" you are only replacing the Accumulator Body, not the Main Control valve body. The truck will still shift automatically. You are changing the shift feel. The 4R100 transmission has 3 "Valve" bodies and a Solenoid body. You will still have full automatic shifts, you are changing shift feel, not timing. -Mat-

Old 10-08-2004, 12:19 PM
OneFastBlkBolt

Where are you in Wisconsin?

Old 10-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by retics4me
OneFastBlkBolt

Where are you in Wisconsin?

I'm from Milwaukee, what about you. If your from around here we should try to get some local lightning owners together. everyone from hwy 100 is heading to gld on sat 10/9/04 to make some passes its only 12 bucks to run??? maybe I'll see you there.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Im 20 miles from the MN. border so it would be a little drive!

Old 10-08-2004, 02:52 PM
OneFastBlkBolt,

I've never heard of a 2CR having adverse affects on the tranny, only the neck. You have a tough drivetrain that'll take the punishment. Just don't expect to exchange it later when your neck is broken

Tim

Quick Reply: ftvb 2c,4c,2cr whats best?