Lightning

so what's the verdict on brisk plugs? It was all the hype 3 week ago

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004 | 09:42 AM
|
so what's the verdict on brisk plugs? It was all the hype 3 week ago

well I haven't heard anything lately about the Brisk plugs. A few weeks ago they were the next best thing to sliced bread. I figured a few guys spent the money on them, what do you think? are they worth the $80+

anyone anyone?

Old 10-01-2004 | 10:38 AM
Re: so what's the verdict on brisk plugs? It was all the hype 3 week ago

Originally posted by l-menace
well I haven't heard anything lately about the Brisk plugs. A few weeks ago they were the next best thing to sliced bread. I figured a few guys spent the money on them, what do you think? are they worth the $80+

anyone anyone?
This is new plenum week - you need to keep up

Old 10-01-2004 | 10:44 AM
Thats what I like, as soon as you want real details, they change the subject LOL. you'd think this was a womens gossip colum or something

Old 10-01-2004 | 11:22 AM
When have you ever seen real data on new parts?
We normally have to wait for the buyer to install the part and then hit a dyno and still then results are not 100%.

We don't find out till months later and a few hundred units moved that the part never did what it was suppose to.

If you or I was developing a new part, don't you think we would have all the data results of how the part performed in different environments a week before we started selling it?
This is just crazy after awhile!

Last edited by TampaBlack99; 10-01-2004 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-01-2004 | 12:06 PM
Let's see your data testing results on the "Anti-detonation kitties" mister !!!!

Old 10-01-2004 | 12:11 PM
I would but my scanner does'nt work and I lost my digital camera.

Them little bastards burn good

Old 10-01-2004 | 12:13 PM
If you or I was developing a new part, don't you think we would have all the data results of how the part performed in different environments a week before we started selling it?
Actually no. No I would'nt. Way too many people twist, con-tort, and flat out deny your "claims". Even though it very well may be a cold hard fact, too many folks just blast you and mis-construe things. Why give them amo?

For instance I have the *real* engineering and as tested numbers on all but the 03+ modular water pumps. You think I'm gonna post them on here? LOL... Yeah right.

As far as the brisk plugs go, I'm still of the opinion that gains simply come from a unshrouded spark.

Rich

Old 10-01-2004 | 12:25 PM
Originally posted by TampaBlack99
I would but my scanner does'nt work and I lost my digital camera.

Them little bastards burn good
I wonder if they would work in a diesel application ???

Anti-gel kitties perhaps ???

Old 10-01-2004 | 12:25 PM
Wydopnthrtl,

I understand where your coming from, but you made a part for Ford and not really for the aftermarket. Ford saw your data and bought the product because it performed, why should we be any different when it comes to vendors parts?

And why should vendors get away with selling us a Cobra R water pump as an upgrade when it's not? If the data was posted maybe they would learn as we would. Instead, the few that do ask questioned get called liars.

Old 10-01-2004 | 01:31 PM
In the tech industry, they call that selling vaporware. Can be very effective when the effectiveness is significantly less that perceived. Who would really spend $500 on something that might give you 5 hp at best. Yet many do. Should we start stating examples?

TB

Old 10-01-2004 | 01:55 PM
Steve, am I alone, or do you also want to post NBS-Mark's thread over here for the masses to read? It is so appropriate in so many cases now.

joe

Old 10-01-2004 | 02:28 PM
It is Joe, but it will also get deleted.

Old 10-01-2004 | 03:01 PM
I bet if you add a "Plasma-Booster" those new plugs will really put down big numbers.

Old 10-01-2004 | 04:09 PM
but you made a part for Ford and not really for the aftermarket. Ford saw your data and bought the product because it performed
With all due respect. You clearly have no idea of what your talking about. You know what they say about "assumtions".

The "cobra pumps" that all ya'll buy are.... opps can't go there folks. Lets just say that a "vendor" would have to make a 16 stage prog die costing $100k+ just to replicate a impeller that is less than perfect to begin with. "I don't think so Tim"

And why should vendors get away with selling us a Cobra R water pump as an upgrade when it's not?
It's called profit. Welcome to the business world.

If the data was posted maybe they would learn as we would. Instead, the few that do ask questioned get called liars.
Papa Ford paid for the "data". I'm sure for a nominal fee and some signed confidential paperwork they'd be glad to share with you. Until then you guys could simply listen to suggestions made by *THE* person who designed, engineered, and validated them.

Boy this is getting old, Rich

Old 10-01-2004 | 04:24 PM
But i want my passenger car waterpump!!

It's a wonder people dont do the same with tuning as well. people who worked at ford and developed factory programming tune very very well.

Quick Reply: so what's the verdict on brisk plugs? It was all the hype 3 week ago