Lightning

Pics of me and my truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004 | 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Redlightn 02
Leeann, we're in the same boat......err....truck!

You're still taller than I am though.

Old 10-03-2004 | 07:42 PM
Re: Re: Ebs99

Originally posted by ebs99
Thanks. Ya know, I feel aggressive when I drive it. I get road rage and everything. I'm threating to run people over in the fast lane. Its sad.
Don't feel bad about it! We have been thinking of starting a support group for this very problem. That and the mod bug!

Suavy

Old 10-03-2004 | 10:47 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95
You're still taller than I am though.
How about a pic with you next to your new L.

Old 10-03-2004 | 11:39 PM
|
Mods

What about mods? What should I do to make sure my truck is in good running condition?

Old 10-04-2004 | 01:05 AM
Hi Ebony how are you, just curious as to how many miles you have on your L? Maybe you could take some detail pics of your engine and post so we could see if there are any CAI or cold air intake, that's one of the first basic mods for our L's. Also it is essential to use the recomended weight oil when you change your engine oil every 3000 miles. You will want to change the fuel filter at least every 10,000 miles, these engines are sensitive to dirty filters, and as with any vehicle you'll want to regularly check your tire pressure and rotate your tires when necessary, that should get you going for now.

Later Bert.

Old 10-04-2004 | 02:40 AM
Re: Mods

What about mods? What should I do to make sure my truck is in good running condition?
lets see.. depends on where you want to go.. definitely a cold air kit.. 4lb lower pulley and a good safe tune from the big 3 (JDM, PSP, JLP).. those are pretty much the standard mods. Then also an FTVB for much harder, snappier shifts. then you could get traction bars, slicks, no2, single blade throttle body, headers, exhaust, ported blower, kenne belle blower, it all depends on how much money you want to throw at it! and welcome

edit: with the basic mods you might also want to get a set of sligthly colder spark plugs too.

Last edited by birdy111; 10-04-2004 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-04-2004 | 02:51 AM
|
Can I take my truck somewhere, the dealership maybe, to see exactly what has already been done to my truck? To check the mods or whatever.

Old 10-04-2004 | 01:51 PM
Can I take my truck somewhere, the dealership maybe, to see exactly what has already been done to my truck? To check the mods or whatever.
WELL, ifyou go Dealer( Ithink 1/2 of us are Dealer shy) I'd make sure it's a SVT Dealer, and looked at by thier SVT Mech. Most Dealer mech. won't know the differance of whats Factory and whats not. or where to look.
might be better to find some others that have Ls and find out what you want to know.
you'll also be able to find a lot of helpful info/sites searching old post and asking questions.

Old 10-04-2004 | 02:01 PM
Hi Ebony and WELCOME,

Actually much better than the dealer - find you local SVTOA branch and go to a couple meetings. It's like AA, but opposite.

There will most likely be other gear heads than can check your ride and see what your packing.

I'm in Texas, or I'd offer.

You also might try the local race track, but sometimes people at the track can be butt heads - all scared to admit what they actually run or the real line on their mods. The L family seems to be pretty tight knit - find some other L drivers and hang out and learn from each other.

Anybody have a line on a support group local to Ebony?

Herb

Old 10-08-2004 | 02:11 AM
|
Tks for the advice. No help at the track, but I'm gonna try the svtoa.

Old 10-08-2004 | 06:03 AM
SVTOA is at Talladega? this weekend ... Go have FUN !!!

It’s the Second Annual SVTOA-Atlanta Track Day!

Come join us on October 9th for a full day of hot lapping. We have secured the Talladega Grand Prix Raceway for a full day of fun. This is a non-timed driving event, not a competitive event, but that doesn’t mean you won’t have the time of your life! And best of all…convertibles are welcome! So whether you have a Focus, Cobra, Lightning, or any vehicle, for that matter, you can test the limits of you car and yourself in a relaxed, safe and fun environment. You can even bring a passenger. All you need to enjoy this full day of speed and G forces is a car that can pass a simple tech inspection (meaning it is in safe street condition) and a helmet that meets Snell specifications for you and your passenger.

Talladega Grand Prix Raceway, better known as Little Talladega, is located in Alabama, just a short ride from the Atlanta area.

Talladega Grand Prix Raceway is a 1.35 mile road course located just minutes from Interstate 20. The track, built in 1985 has been host to numerous motorcycle races, go-kart races, sport car races, and various clubs events. The track is also being used as a test course by a major motorcycle manufacturer. The track is available for tuning and testing of motorcycles, cars, and go-karts. The track is in operation 52 weeks a year and welcomes newcomers and veterans alike.

One nice thing about this track is that it has no guard rails. Instead, it has large runoff areas in case you happen to overcook it a little. To ensure a safe environment and plenty of track time, we are limiting the number of entrants. Instructors will be available for the Novice group at no additional charge, so if you want to learn the basics of road racing, be sure to take advantage of these experienced drivers. This is a great opportunity to drive at a comfortable pace, hone your driving skills and have a lot of fun on a real road course.

Best of all, the price for this full day of fun and speed is only $120.00 for members and $135.00 for non- Members. This is considerably less than last year and a real bargain for a full day of lapping. We anticipate a full grid, so get your reservations in early! Reservations are accepted on a first come, first served basis!

You can make you reservation by completing the registration form and sending it, plus one half of the registration fee to:

Walter Henderson
1965 Skyland Drive
Snellville, GA 30078

Or, if you prefer to use PayPal, you can send it to my PayPal account at: ronsandy@comcast.net
There will be a service fee for using PayPal, so the price is $123.60 for members and $139.05 for non-members.

We hope to see you there!!!!!!!

Download the Hot Laps v2.0 Registration forms here;

http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/HotLap...tration2004.htm

Last edited by SVT_KY; 10-08-2004 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-08-2004 | 07:52 AM
There are two very easy and great mods, as have been previously mentioned. A cold air kit will allow you to really hear the whine of the supercharger. And the FTVB is absolutely awesome!! Beyond those, you go to your pulley, chip and tune.

Quick Reply: Pics of me and my truck