Lightning

Truck is slow to idle down

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004 | 08:58 PM
|
Truck is slow to idle down

Took advantage of Sept. blower port special. Had some Brisk plugs and a 4# lower on hand and decided to do the plugs while the blower was off. Save the pulley for later as to not get too many things going at once. Intercooler has some residue after 7K miles so lazy me decides to hit it with some carb cleaner without removing. I reasoned that I would not be flushing much crud into the intake valley and most of the carb cleaner would evaporate before I had it all back together?? Well I guess it didn't because she smoked for a couple minutes on the initial startup. Right away while driving normally I noticed a difference. At 20-30 mph letting off the pedal the truck seemed to continue pulling ever so slightly. Thought hey maybe these Brisk plugs are the shiznit?. Or cleaning up the throttle body maybe. Then I notice that the idle at startup seems to have changed. Higher initial rpm, 16-1800 , and it hangs at 12-1300 for 3-4 seconds then drops to 8-900 and eventually settles at about 750. Cold or hot does not seem to matter much. While still in park the slightest tap of the pedal (and I mean the smallest rev you could possibly give it) the rpm goes to 12-1300 hangs 3-4 seconds then creeps back down to 750~. Takes probably 10 seconds from the tap of the pedal to idle back down. Also notice the exhaust tips are getting black alot quicker now. This would indicate the truck is running rich correct? Could this be from the plugs or all the extra idle maybe? Did the carb cleaner screw something up? Predator says "no trouble codes found". Is there something that I can monitor that might indicate the problem.

Help a tard out would ya? I yam we todd did. I yam sofa king we todd did.

Old 10-07-2004 | 11:05 PM
i dont mean to sound like a **** but you did change your predator tune after the port job right? it seems like if anything it should be running leaner as it should move more air... I dont know though.

Old 10-08-2004 | 12:36 AM
Mine is doing the exact same things. Just installed my Apten last week or so. hopefully not a problem? Later

Old 10-08-2004 | 06:05 AM
Why would you clean the intercooler without removing it ? If you have the blower off......... the intercooler just lifts right out.

Just 30 seconds more work and you could have had the intercooler out.

Check your TPS voltage reading, that might cause an irregular high idle

Old 10-08-2004 | 07:45 AM
Your IAC can be "tuned" on how fast or slow it comes in, affecting this.

Quick Reply: Truck is slow to idle down