Lightning

Power Locks going out?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Locks going out?

has always worked fine, then last night when I got home, I noticed when I pressed the button on my key chain that the locks went down real slow and seemed almost as if the battery in the truck was dead or something... like the locks didnt have enough power to come down..

so I played with it for a few mins... unlocking and locking... used the keychain and also the buttons inside the truck... after a few times it got worse... i had to press lock like 3 times just to get it to lock, each time it would only go down about 1/4 of the way....

i know it wasnt really the battery because i was trying also with the truck started and i have a good battery anyway....

woke up this morning and only had to press it one time to unlock... but can tell its weak...

so what does this mean, my little motor is going out or what???

where can I find a replacement? how much???

any ideas?

Old 10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
My passenger side power lock mechanism went out the same way on my 2000 L and it's a bitch to replace. I would have the dealer take care of it for you unless your patient and really good with your hands.

Old 10-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This happened to me at WFC5. Same day as my flat tire, lol. I remember that being an awesome day.............

Anywho.. I was under warranty so I had it fixed by Ford. Said is was my door lock actuators going to hell. I posted about it back when it happened. Go check it out and you can see what Ford left for me to find in my truck.....

******** @ Ford

-Kimball

Old 10-08-2004, 02:10 PM
I've also seen this happen on some vehicles that have used sound deadener in the doors. If it comes loose or begins to 'slide' it can cause this slow rsponse and action.

Quick Reply: Power Locks going out?