Lightning

Looking to buy an 01'

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to buy an 01'

Hey guys i'm new in hear and had a few questions i searched around and read some post and stuff.Here's the deal right now i drive an Acura Integra, i'm looking at getting an 01-03 lightning,the only thing i'll probably do to start is an Intake for the supercharger noise.here my questions:

Are they good everyday drivers?
What's the up keep like?
Can i just hop in and go have fun at the track?should i be worried?
Are they bad gas hogs?
Any bad experiences?
Any trans/motor/rear end problems?
And just over all how are they all i've had is import i know i suck but please look past it.
and what it comes down to i'm 20 will this truck be fun from your personal experience. Any help would be awesome,i just want to know what i'm getting into since i'm going to spend 25k thanks guys.

Old 10-10-2004, 09:00 AM
pshannon68...

I own an 01 that I have driven "daily" for the past three years. I change the oil on a regular basis. And clean the exterior daily:o .
For the past two and a half years the truck has been "mildly modified" and completely trouble free.
I can drive from my home to northern Alabama in total comfort then proceed to rip off a high 12 to low 13 second quarter mile with ease. (On street tires)
Yes...It is a gas hog. You can expect around 16 mpg on average.
If you put a chip, cai, 4lb. pulley, and a FTVB on your "L" you should have plenty of trouble free miles in store for you.
Best of luck to you in your search for an "L".

Bill-aka-litnfast

Old 10-10-2004, 10:20 AM
how many miles do u have and what are u looking to get?"

Old 10-10-2004, 12:19 PM
i will probably buy one in the next month or so,what do you think good miles are for what year.Also just want to be in high 12 low 13 range.what do you think for mods

Old 10-10-2004, 12:25 PM
There's a # of good used L's for sale in the Classified section here. I happen to know of one really nice one in Michigan (hint-hint).

Old 10-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I am 19, I love my L, gas millage, well when i drive home, 220 mile drive and then a bit around the city i get about 14-15 mpg, driving around town i will get 10 mpg. My truck is a 2000. Its a lot of fun! I use mine as an everyday driver and only problem i have had is the spark plug issue, get an 03 and u wont have to worry about that. Im sure u can get a used 03 for under 25 grand.

Quick Reply: Looking to buy an 01'