Lightning

North Carolina Tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004 | 12:58 AM
|
North Carolina Tuners?

Well after about a year of owning my truck. I figure its about time to cave and do the pulley/chip. Of course Ill install it myself, but who will tune it .

Im from New Jersey and of course would go to JDM to get anything done, but while Im down here in North Carolina, I need to find myself a reliable tuner.

Anyone know of one in the Jacksonville, New Bern, Wilmington area?

Thakns,
Jon

Old 10-17-2004 | 01:18 AM
Yeah, i'm in the same boat. From PA, but live in NC courtesy of Uncle Sam. I'd definately be interested in someone who could tune using Diablo software. So far, the best i've been able to do is a custom Predator tune. Anyone out there?

Old 10-17-2004 | 01:32 AM
I'm trying to put together a group of people to get Sal from PSP to come tune our Lightnings and Mustangs. I need a minimum of 10 people.
I'm in SC, but we can hold it for all of us carolinians and the more people we can get the cheaper it will be.

Old 10-17-2004 | 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Sharpshooter
I'm trying to put together a group of people to get Sal from PSP to come tune our Lightnings and Mustangs. I need a minimum of 10 people.
I'm in SC, but we can hold it for all of us carolinians and the more people we can get the cheaper it will be.

I'm there if you can get it to happen. As long as it's a weekend. I'd drive up to Long Island; but, I just don't have the time lately.

Old 10-17-2004 | 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Odin's Wrath
I'm there if you can get it to happen. As long as it's a weekend. I'd drive up to Long Island; but, I just don't have the time lately.
I'd make the drive too, but I'd rather do it this way if we can round up the people. Hopefully 8 more people will respond to this thread, and I’ll line everything up.

-Mike

Email me if you want specifics on the pricing that Sal gave me.

Old 10-17-2004 | 07:57 AM
I would be interested. I just picked up my Lightning 2 weeks ago using Ford A Plan pricing and am adding parts to it right now. Count me in.

Ron

Old 10-17-2004 | 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Sharpshooter

I'm there!!! Sal is my tuner now, and would love to have a dyno tune from him. Just let me know the details when available.

Old 10-17-2004 | 09:56 AM
I'm going to start a list. As soon as we get 10 people who are definitely going to do this I'll start the ball rolling on dates and location and then contact Sal back. Basically we have to pay x amount for Sal to tune our truck then we split the cost for the Dyno Time and the amount to fly Sal down to SC. Email me for the amount of x. There is a dyno here locally in Charleston that we can use. But after we get all 10 people, and there is a better centrally located place we can go there.

PSP Dyno Day in Carolina List

1. Sharpshooter
2. Odin's Wrath
3. Ronearp
4. TSduke

Old 10-17-2004 | 12:28 PM
If you don't get enough people to get with Sal, one of the best SCT tuners tunes for True Blue performance i the Raleigh area. His Name is Ed Clark. http://www.true-blueperformance.com/

Old 10-17-2004 | 12:50 PM
Well you have many options, Fastelane, Randy Haywoods, true blue, modular madness, and author todd I know that there are more, but cant think of them right now.

Old 10-17-2004 | 01:00 PM
I started a new Thread for people who want to have Sal come down and tune our trucks.

Mike

Old 10-17-2004 | 03:29 PM
Originally posted by 2bscrewed
If you don't get enough people to get with Sal, one of the best SCT tuners tunes for True Blue performance i the Raleigh area. His Name is Ed Clark. http://www.true-blueperformance.com/

Does True Blue have a dyno? I was under impression that they didn't for some reason. I met him at Turbo-Tune here in Greensboro tuning a car he brought down from the Raleigh area. I think he uses Carolina Automasters' dyno some as well. I could be wrong, since I don't know first hand.

Old 10-17-2004 | 03:33 PM
Author Todd in Aynor, SC. My truck, Dynamic Performance motor and Author's tune 10.59 in the 1/4 at over 130 mph.

Old 10-17-2004 | 03:48 PM
I had my truck tuned and on the dyno at (Randy)Haywoods in Raleigh a couple of weeks ago. Nice shop. All kinds of Fords in there,Stangs,Cobra,etc. He has tuned about a dozen Ls and some Harley Trucks this year from what he told me. He is a Blue Oval Guy for sure.
He is a authorized Diablo Tuner/Chipmaster. Not a bad place to consider and he is a nice guy to boot. Just figure I would throw his name into the pot.
"Keep your feet and knees together"

Old 10-17-2004 | 06:14 PM
Suspended
True Blue is moving into a 25,000 sq foot facility this month and they will be getting a dyno... For now they do tunes 2 weekends a month at a dyno in clayton... Ed Clark is awesome...

Quick Reply: North Carolina Tuners?