Lightning

Anybody interested in a LIGHTNING OWNERS cruise??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2004 | 12:27 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Arrow Anybody interested in a LIGHTNING OWNERS cruise??

Hey everybody,

CHIKIN1 here ( in Jersey ),

Julie and I were just talking about having a JDM Lightning owner's cruise. We were wondering if anyone would be interested in taking this cruise right before the racing season starts!!! It would most likely be a 4-5 day cruise to somewhere warm like Cozmel, Mexico and some other destination!!!

Post here if your interested....

We will have to start booking soon if this we wanna do this and you'll have to pay for your cabin about 2 months in advance whcih means we don't have much time left!!!

Let us know!!!

CHIKIN1 ( James )

Old 11-11-2004 | 12:31 PM
Where you leaving out of?

Old 11-11-2004 | 12:44 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Probably FL or LA...

Old 11-11-2004 | 05:06 PM
If you leave out of Florida count me in.

I've taken 2 cruises this year with Carnival. Looking to take another one sometime in January.

Old 11-11-2004 | 05:37 PM
I have never taken a cruise, well except while in the Navy…

Anyhow, how much would something like this cost? For example is the food and drinks (non-alcoholic) included in the price or is that something extra that needs to be paid for? What about other activities that happen on the ship and in port if it stops, do they cost extra?

I figure many people here may have been on a cruise and might have a ball park figure. Not trying to sound stupid but I wouldn’t have a clue what something like this would cost.

Old 11-11-2004 | 06:11 PM
|
Former Sponsor
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I have never taken a cruise, well except while in the Navy…

Anyhow, how much would something like this cost? For example is the food and drinks (non-alcoholic) included in the price or is that something extra that needs to be paid for? What about other activities that happen on the ship and in port if it stops, do they cost extra?

I figure many people here may have been on a cruise and might have a ball park figure. Not trying to sound stupid but I wouldn’t have a clue what something like this would cost.
Your looking at $5-600 plus airfare!!! All food and non-alcoholic beverages are included EXCEPT cokes, sprite, bottled water, etc...
So in other words they provide water, juices, milk, tea and coffe.

You have to pay for activites once you get to port.

Chikin

Old 11-11-2004 | 08:08 PM
damn brain fart, i thought you meant driving cruise duh boat cruise!

Old 11-11-2004 | 08:13 PM
Can I take my L on the boat????

Cool 'Line-Lock' smokey burnouts at every port. LOL

Actually I will consult with the cough ...accountant,boss,better half..cough

about this.

VINNIE

Old 11-11-2004 | 10:11 PM
This really sucks... I'm already going to cali for a week or 2 in Feb.

Old 11-11-2004 | 10:28 PM
cruise

awesome idea, but of course this is gonna be the first year i'm not going to the carribean in like 10 years.

Cruises are awesome except the bar tab will kill ya. Been on two cruises, both times my bar bill for the week was over 5 hundred and that's taking it easy.

Plan on spending at least 1500 bucks. Think of the mods that can buy you!!!

As Far as ports of call, Cozemel was ok. Grand Cayman was nice. Nassau is ok. DON"T GO TO THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. I've been there for a week, and even gave it a second chance on the cruise and I will never go back. St Thomas / St John / St Maarten are AWESOME. My personal favorite is Aruba, but you gotta get into the 8 day cruises for that port. I recommend just going and staying there for a week. I LOVE IT there. We have a couple board members there too!!! Can't wait to go back.

Old 11-12-2004 | 09:49 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Bump this up for more opinions!!

Old 11-12-2004 | 10:07 AM
What cruise line? Per my previous post I love Carnival, been on RC, too many old people. Also, any time the kids r in school it's cheaper.

You can bring your bar tab down by bringing your own booze. I'm a beer drinker, but switch to vodka and Jajjermeister for cruises. They give you all the mixers for free, 24/7 like oj. Just bring a big cup with a lid. My first cruise I went on I obeyed the NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED rule, but when I got on board found most people just brought theirs. My bar bill on my cruises went from 600 (first time) to 100.

If you get a group of people 10+, usually u can get good discount.

Quick Reply: Anybody interested in a LIGHTNING OWNERS cruise??