Lightning

JDM really went above and beyond and I appreciate it (Kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004 | 09:41 PM
|
JDM really went above and beyond and I appreciate it (Kinda long)

Lately I am been very busy with work and we just bought a house and our in the process of selling our house. Pretty much every minute of my time is either talking to a lawyer or real estate agent besides it being very busy at work. I have kind of slacked off on the L a little.Gotta have priorities right ?

Well to make matters worse I usually borrow the family Race truck and enclosed trailer to get my L to JDM day and Cecil. I normally just drive to events but since I usually step it up for these closed track events I like to have the safety factor of a ride home. My brother needed it for an event he was running this weekend. So I was S.O.L..

Well its that time of year again . The weather is getting cold and JDM Day and Cecil are apon us. . Gotta tell ya there is no way I would have made either event without the help of Jim and the crew at JDM.

They went above and beyond the normal routine. For JDM day they got the L all tuned up and even trailered the L there for me. The truck ran a 10.90 spinning. I was able to drive home.

Then Jim offered to get the L ready again for Cecil and he even let me borrow his F-250 and trailer.
I agreed to take him up on the offer. I told him I would drop the truck off at the end of the week. Well the day I had planned to drop the L off I had talked to 2 other guys that were at JDMs and they said it was a madhouse. So I figured I would just call Jim and tell him I 'll just drive to Cecil and not to worry about it. No harm , No foul.
Well he insisted that if I go to Cecil I go right and to bring the L down.
I got to his shop this morning and my L was already loaded w/ my Bogarts on the back and Jims Bogarts on the front (Yes he let me borrow the front Bogarts).
I ran a 10.74 @ 127.5 M.P.H. w/ a TERRIBLE 1.62 60 ft.. Although it is my new best I know there was a 10.50 there.

Anyway..None of this would have been possible without the genorousity of Jim and the crew at JDM.

Thanks again.

VINNIE

Old 11-13-2004 | 09:49 PM
Old 11-13-2004 | 09:52 PM
No surprise.

Old 11-13-2004 | 10:12 PM
Re: JDM really went above and beyond and I appreciate it (Kinda long)

Originally posted by VINNIE
Jim offered to get the L ready again for Cecil and he even let me borrow his F-250 and trailer.

I got to his shop this morning and my L was already loaded w/ my Bogarts on the back and Jims Bogarts on the front (Yes he let me borrow the front Bogarts).

Anyway..None of this would have been possible without the genorousity of Jim and the crew at JDM.

Thanks again.

VINNIE
WTF???
He made you drive the shop truck, he should have lent you the dually. If you are going to tow your truck it should be in style.

Talk to you soon

Don

Old 11-13-2004 | 10:15 PM
|
Re: Re: JDM really went above and beyond and I appreciate it (Kinda long)

Originally posted by Don's Bolt
WTF???
He made you drive the shop truck, he should have lent you the dually. If you are going to tow your truck it should be in style.

Talk to you soon

Don
Actually Don. I LOVED how the shop truck towed. It was great . I told Jim I was going to keep the whole set-up and to bill me. LOL

VINNIE

Old 11-13-2004 | 10:28 PM
Your Living the Dream Pal

@ Jim/JDM

Old 11-13-2004 | 11:13 PM
JDM and Crew...

Old 11-13-2004 | 11:29 PM
I always said
JDM ROCKS

Old 11-14-2004 | 11:16 AM
|
Originally posted by chief40al
I always said
JDM ROCKS
Yes they do.

Old 11-14-2004 | 12:06 PM
Congrats VINNIE and yes the JDM crew really defines what the Lightning community is all about....They treat you like FAMILY!!!

Thanks for letting me borrow some tools!!!

Old 11-14-2004 | 12:18 PM
nice

Customer service at it's finest.

Congrats on the run Vin. Sorry I didn't get to say hi in person at JDM day. I'm sure you'll be at Epping next season though. I already warned everyone not to plan any damn weddings for that weekend

Old 11-14-2004 | 12:36 PM
A little late, but wanted to say how much I enjoyed JDM DAY at E town. I decided not to run due to being on street tires and the lack of traction.
JDM`s crew was so hospitable, and their customers performance was outstandigg.
Wat to go JDM, giving back to the community. Thank you.
Jim

Old 11-14-2004 | 04:15 PM
This time of year is better than Christmas!
All winter people build bad azz stuff, and have huge plans of coming out of the gate running, on the opening day of thier home track....but it never happens, they don't have the tune right, the parts combo isn't right, or what ever. Then summer comes and its too hot to get good times. Then late fall rolls around....there are some AWSOME events, and everyones truck is all sorted out. Personal bests, and happy racers everywhere. Thats great! I hope everyone has a productive winter, and by spring...the ten second daily drivin' Lightning will be common place in Lightning land, and there are a dozen or so people bangin' out nines and hangin' wheels for cameras everywhere! (Except Rob....nobody will be there to take his picture ofcoarse!)

Old 11-14-2004 | 07:22 PM
You know Vinnie, there is sooooo much that goes on behind the scenes, that people don't know about.
Glad you let people know "alittle" about what happens at that place in Freehold

And you wouldn't believe what was offered to me by Jim But I can't do it
I rather wait a little longer

Old 11-14-2004 | 07:57 PM
Hey CHIKIN1..

I like the new sig...

Last edited by 04LSuperCrew; 11-14-2004 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: JDM really went above and beyond and I appreciate it (Kinda long)