Lightning

Nitrous Ronbo decides to go Built Motor, WOO HOO............

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004 | 01:13 AM
The bad part about the truck being laid up at Sal's place for the winter is that you won't get to work on it out in the snow drifts

Sorry Rob.....I had to bust on ya too.
Glad to see your getting the rods.....I think you were getting close to disaster.

Dale

Old 11-21-2004 | 02:05 AM
So are you selling your trailer...I mean..."manufactured home"...to fund this? Or maybe dipping into your kid's college education fund..?

Old 11-21-2004 | 02:51 AM
Thats awesome news Ron, you could not have chosen a better person/tuner to build your truck up Ive said it before, and Ill say it again, SAL is THE MAN!!!

Old 11-21-2004 | 03:02 AM
Great News!!!! Hope the best for ya.

Old 11-21-2004 | 04:11 AM
Good luck Rob, I always loved reading your crazy nitrous stories and can't wait to hear more. You have been a big help on this sight for people like me and I hope nothing but the best with you build.. ...woooooo hooooooooo as you would say...lol

Old 11-21-2004 | 06:00 AM
well..................well.................well

I guess you have finally seen the foolishness in attempting to run a 10 on a stock bottom end

How many times have I told you to go see Sal? You finally starting to listen to the old man huh? And did I hear the word DYNO TUNE come out of your mouth????
After all the times you chastise me for getting a new dyno tune after I do sumthing to my truck, geeeeeeeeeeee. Now your getting a dyno tune?
I heard Sal knows sumthing about dyno tuning................

Congrats Pal, I know Sal will hook you up, but maybe you better be prepared for unexpected expenses after he opens up that motor and takes a look at all those things you have
S T R E C T C H E D .................. LMAO

But let me guess, a little birdie told you what I was buying myself for Christmas, so you jumped up and are spending Rob Jr's college money
You might ask, what am I doing up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning? Why getting ready to go to work. That would be work, as in double bubble............hehe
Btw...........my truck is still sitting with a bad convertor, no sense opening it up and only doing a convertor, right?

Old 11-21-2004 | 06:16 AM
LMAO................

Just found this quote by Nitrous Ronbo

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning

I'm in hock up to my frigging eyebrows, and do not have 1 penny saved after all these years
Just gotta love a man that has his priorities in line

Old 11-21-2004 | 10:25 AM
Congrats Rob!!!

Wonderful choice!!!
Sal is a top notch guy and will always treat you right!!!

Old 11-21-2004 | 10:35 AM
Rob, good luck in your ventures I know you'll be happy with the outcome and when you get your truck back go tear up some track.

BERT

Old 11-21-2004 | 11:10 AM
|
WOO HOO, Thanks EVERYONE

I am ALREADY very excited about next season : o )

GATOR YOU DOG, YOUR NOT
ARE YOU ????

I figured IT IS only a matter of time if I keep pushing for more ET (which I want to), and if it happens at Cecil there I am 250-300 miles from home, that has got to cost a ton to tow it home, then the lose of the core charge, which now means 7.5K for a long block PLUS LABOR and the other BS, (could go an easy 10-15 K by the time your done if you go the whole 9 : o (

But I rather not do that, so instead I'll rebuild what I got and set it up to handle A LOT MORE and as time goes on I'll just keep throwing more Nitrous at it, "OR" maybe ONE OF YOU will give me a KB, "OR SOMETHING" hehehehehe.................

Sal told me we aren't using the usual 850 HP Rods, he has something else in mind (I do remember him saying 1200HP, but
I could be wrong there ???) Now I got to figure a way to get some power off Juice, I guess I'll take the easy Path and just throw more Boost at it, I wonder if Suavy still has the Steering Wheel Sized Lower Pulley : o )
A 6 or 8 Lower will prob be the ticket, and the 2 upper

I'm sitting here "THE DAY AFTER" the decision was made saying WHAT THE $&#* AM I DOING, I have a Truck with 13K on it THAT IS RUNNING THE BEST IT EVER RAN, I still owe 3 years of payments at 550.00 a mo on it, and I'm DOING WHAT ?????
I must be insane
ESPECIALLY NOT HAVING ONE SINGLE DIME SAVED FOR EMERGENCY'S.

BUT It's only plastic and I think this will be ONE of my last BIG Vehicles I may get to go Tracking with.
(I'll always own Performance Vehicles, but can't imagine another Community being SO TIGHT as "US", if you know what I mean)
So WTF, while I CAN, I'm going to chase my Dreams SOME MORE.
FOR ONCE this years Tax Returns go to ME and not into the House. TG I AINT GOT TO ANSWER TO ANYONE HU (LOL)

Thanks Again ALL

PS
Hellz ya your going to see pic's, those are my Rods and Pistons, and I needed new ash trays anyway

[i]it really will be awesome being able to check in on my truck with it only a few minutes away, WOO HOO, and take some critical pic's like the Plug Inserts, Motor Out, AND THE FINAL DYNO #'s

WOO HOO..............

Old 11-21-2004 | 11:47 AM
Ronbo my old pal, you're finally getting it. I can't tell you how many times I thought you were going to blow your beast up. Especially not knowing where your A/F's were (hence dyno tune). Now you should have many race seasons to come. Good luck, and I'm sure Sal will do a great job.

Old 11-21-2004 | 12:03 PM
I was hoping to see Rob at least run consistant mid 11's on his stock block, which could have been done.

This is a good thing for Rob, but I know there was more to be had with the stock block and be reliable.

Old 11-21-2004 | 01:05 PM
Denny
The problem is when these things let go they break like glass, when you pull the oil pan off it looks like your bottom end just went thru a blender. The biggest problem is there is absolutely no way of knowing exactly when that moment will be.

I wish I would have known this when mine let go. About the time I started thinking that this blown motor stuff only happened to some inexperienced folks.....blammm...I got nailed.
Dale

Old 11-21-2004 | 01:09 PM
|
YOUR 100% CORRECT DENNY, DEF COULD HAVE,

AND I don't think there's a person here that doesn't believe it already can run 11.5/11.6 JUST THE WAY IT IS NOW.
FU Gator...

Don't be upset : o ( This WILL NOT take any credibility from you and your AWESOME system We already run 11's "EVERY PASS", and I had only 1 for like 12 with the Zex kit. WE WINNING BIG TIME BRO : o )

The fact is without me having the 3-5 K in other mods to help better my ET, (Headers, Mid Pipes, Mufflers, Cat Back, Suspension, Electric Fans, Heat Exchanger/more Fans, Cobra Pump, Aftermarket S/C, etc) we would have hit a wall eventually on how much Nitrous we can throw at the stock Rods, and yes I believe we could have ran much faster.

I know your Kit can go faster and we can use more n20 with less stress on a Motor, I think WE ALL know that, but the facts remains the 02's are Def not the year of the strongest
Rods, so why take the chance. It'll cost me 2 to 3 times the price if it ever blew, rather than re-rod it now ; o )

I'm not adding power, just insurance. Ok maybe a little more boost, (anyone got a 20lb lower : o )
Nothing has changed, our goals will continue, your Kit will prove itself over and over as time goes on (especially with a few new L's running it come spring) Oops, did I say that

The only thing that changed is I will have better Rods,
AND REALLY WHOOP GATORS BUTT FOR NOW ON IN
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I appreciate you believing in our Rods Denny, but why the hell fight that fight, you didn't put these weak links in our Engine, FORD DID. This is exciting times Denny, and we still got plenty of goals and records to chase. The hell with Fastest Stock Block,
rumor is thats a 11.1 now, WOW. I say instead we focus on going for "Fastest Eaton ET" ANYONE KNOW THE RECORD ???

Things I want the Family to donate

Torque Convertor
Monster Trans
6,8, lower pulley
A KB would be nice
Cat Back
Bogarts w/ 30x Slicks

Old 11-21-2004 | 01:12 PM
Originally posted by fastfordf150
So are you selling your trailer...I mean..."manufactured home"...to fund this? Or maybe dipping into your kid's college education fund..?

Quick Reply: Nitrous Ronbo decides to go Built Motor, WOO HOO............