Lightning

Nitrous Ronbo decides to go Built Motor, WOO HOO............

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004 | 08:16 PM
|
Nitrous Ronbo decides to go Built Motor, WOO HOO............

First lets get one thing very straight.

Johnny Lightning, Jim of JDM, and Sal of PSP are ALL equals in MY mind. I respect and appreciate all they have done for me, and I have friendships with all of them. (And I will continue to run all their parts, and do business with all of them)

SO PLEASE NO JLP/JDM BASHING, I feel bad enough already, AND PRAY JIM AND JOHNNY UNDERSTAND MY REASONS

My decision was made on the three most important factors,
"LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION" and yes of course on the fact I trust Sal and see him as an AWESOME mechanic and L EXPERT / Vendor / Tuner / Friend. (with a nice new shop + Dyno to boot) ; o ) Prob MORE knowledgable than most will ever find out.

BTW don't know what I can and CANT say about Big Red
BUT
I saw the BEAST up close and personal today, and lets just say
it's waaaaaaaay diff than the last time I took pictures ; o )

Sal is within 10 minutes of my house, and having the ability to run over there before a day at the races for a super tune on the dyno,
IS GOING TO BE PRICELESS. I'm at a level now where I MUST have Dyno Tuning, and of course I want to push for better ET's. But I am smart enough to know a bit more can = blown motor possibility's. Although I really was excited about going after that Fastest Stock Block Title for Race Tested next season (Sorry Denny) : o ( there is no doubt we have already proved the Race Tested Kit has been 4 for 4 in consistancy, and quite impressive for a 100% stock L (with a filter chip n pulley/TB combo.) No Exhaust, Suspension, Cooling, or Trans Mod (just FTVB)

Being Sal is now running a Race Tested Nitrous System and Maximiser Controller, this little joint venture is really going to benefit EVERYONE. I'm going to wear the PSP colors with Pride, and am VERY MUCH looking foward to the day I drive it home. I hope to represent the Stock L with Rod's department quite well, and intend to shoot for 10's with all Spray and a simple Pulley/Filter/TB combo. I KNOW Denny + Sal will get me there eventually, even if I continue to run stock exhaust, stock suspension, stock cooling system and the Eaton.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, spraying 50,75, or 100HP is awesome, BUT when you get up into the 150-250 range, IT'S LIKE BEING SHOT OUT OF A F ucking CANNON,
NEXT SEASON IS GOING TO BE FUN

To keep the cost down, I have decided to rebuild my current motor, (it only has 13K on it) The plug change last weekend once again showed me I have a perfect running motor that ran 3 seasons on the same set of plugs, and all 8 read IDENTICAL ,
(PERFECT might be a better word).

I will be putting in 1200 HP rated Rods, New Pistons + Rings, ARP Studs, the improved Head Gaskets, AND THREADS IN MY HEADS, WOO HOO
This will address the 3 weak links, --> Rods, Head Gasket's, and the dreaded Spitting Plugs. This will also give me MUCH RELIEF when making 300-500 mile daily trips to make pass or two.

THANK YOU SAL FOR WORKING WITH ME , I'll wear your Colors with Pride

Remember I AM NOT adding HP, just insurance, and 100% of the bill is going on top of the other 10K on my CC's.
So I want to reach out and personally ask Vinnie, Gator, Don (and who else has money ???) to send me any extra Cat Backs, or I could use a 8lb Lower in exchange for my 4lb, maybe a free KB, Bogarts, SOMETHING hehehehehehehehe
COME ON ALL, HELP A BROTHER OUT, ALL THIS MONEY AND NO EXTRA HP (well ok Denny, maybe you can throw in a set of 150
HP Jets for it's voyage run) WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

I want to enjoy the truck another week or so, and I need to get it inspected some time next week, so it'll be about 2 weeks before it goes under the knife, BUT I JUST HAD TO SAY SOMETHING
I promised to give Sal a couple of Months to do it, and since Dec and Jan are Truck sits in Snow, Sand, and Salt Season, the timing is perfect. BUT SAL, COMES FEB, I'LL BE LOOKING FOR THE KEYS...
hehehehehehehehe..............................

Wow shorter than I expected

Old 11-20-2004 | 08:32 PM
WOW,FINALLY!Great news Rob,and you couldnt have picked a better person to do the job!I can't wait to see the beast go with the built motor and some high horespower nitrous shots!1200 h.p. rods.Damnnnn!What kind are those?Well good luck with your venture.I'll be stopping by Sals to see the progress,just let me know when shes going under.I'll bring the anastesia.lol..

Old 11-20-2004 | 08:35 PM
congratulations Rob, looks like more fun times are in store!

good luck.

later,
chris

Old 11-20-2004 | 08:46 PM
I think the entire lightning community is taking a deep breathe of relief.

With you pushing the envelope and limits of the stock block, we all knew eventually what would occur.

Very wise decision (not knocking any tuning you've received, but you definitely pushed the limits of a stock block).

Make sure you measure those rods and see exactly how many of them you "STRETCHED"

Congrats... Keep us posted with pics and video. When (not if) I decide to step up with my truck, it's going back to Sal. He's top notch and extremely professional.

Last edited by l-menace; 11-20-2004 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2004 | 08:48 PM
oh man.....now I'm definetly gonna be the slow one on team loony Congrats Rob...I cant wait to see it go down the track.

Old 11-20-2004 | 08:48 PM
OH ,am now we don't get to hear how Rob0 shot a rod out of the side of his block.

Rob good luck with your new bad A$$es built motor. This will be a good time to do some exhaust work.

Send me a e-mail I migh have a deal for you on sumtin

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:02 PM
Cool !!!!!

Great decision Rob, hope you get yourself a really nice motor.

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:04 PM
Congrats and good luck !!!

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:28 PM
Hey Nitro Ronbo........... ... Guess we are not friends any more since I'm in the Johnny Lightning camp, so never speak to me and never mention my name again and don't take any more pic's of my truck... J/K............. Sal is one of the best .. You made a very wise decision.. Good Luck man......... He will definitely make you faster then you were.. Don't forget my sticker...LOL...

PEacE.....................
Jim

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:30 PM
Congrats Rob,, Sal will take good care of you. Hope you continue to put the smack down on Gator.

Rich

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:43 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Hey Rob have you cleared this with Gator?

Go get em Bro!

Old 11-20-2004 | 09:53 PM
From: On the side of the Road attempting to explain 135 miles per hour
Hey Ronbo,

Snap (our ask Sal to) take some images of the internals.

Betcha a shot or two of Jager they're a tad tired.

Bob

Old 11-20-2004 | 10:11 PM
congrats rob, i'm postive we're going to hear all the joys of your pushing the nitrious to the max on the new setup.

All that said, i honestly wanted to see just how far you could push that thing until you were going to blow it. I know that kinda sounds mean, but I really wanted to know just how crazy you were. If you were going with an entirely new block i would love to see if you could push the 150 shot into your motor and see how well it held up. Honestly I don't know what it is, but you either have the biggest ***** or the best luck and i would be awesome to see you running into the 10's with a stock motor.

Who knows, maybe the plasma booster was the key to holding these things together all along.
That or timing.

Old 11-20-2004 | 10:36 PM
Congrats Rob!

It's like you're being called up to the big leagues

- you know alot of us were living vicariously through you

and although I've always thought about nitrous, you've done it

and then some - pushing it to the limit and beyond and paving

the way for other users

THANKS - although we all were waiting for that

MY MOTOR DONE BLOWN UP post

Last edited by Dave02; 11-20-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 11-21-2004 | 12:47 AM
WHAT....When did this happen??????????????/

What am I , The 'Red Headed Stepchild' thats last to know everything.

For a guy who has no money ..You sure have one heavily modded L. LOL

Just bustin your chops buddy.

I'll still put a whoopin on yo though. LOL

VINNIE

Quick Reply: Nitrous Ronbo decides to go Built Motor, WOO HOO............