Lightning

GOODYEAR just lost a customer!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down GOODYEAR just lost a customer!

To make a long story short, I got up for work one morning, everything was fine. Started driving, everything still fine. I think I would notice if a tire was down, flat etc. I got onto the highway and all of a sudden...BOOM! Front right tire blows....no debris on the highway, flat as could be....nothing. The sidewall now has a about a 10" hole in the side. By the way, the tire pressure was right were it should be. The tires had about 500 miles on them!!! Oh, and did I mention a $7000 insurance claim becaus eof me hitting the concrete guardrail. I was without the truck for 5 weeks! The tire was sent to Goodyear in Akron, Ohio for their evaluation. I got a letter back stating something to the effect of "of we're sorry, our team feels that there was not a defect in the tire"....BS! 4 tire dealers in my area all agreed that it was a defect. I sent a letter back to Goodyear, and they replied with something like "we take our customers very seriously, but ......"....you figure out the rest. For a company to do this is deplorable, especially one as big as Goodyear. I would caution everyone to aviod Goodyear tires period and hopefully nobody will have to go through the headaches I have over the past little while. Oh, by the way, my insurance just went up too!
AVOID GOODYEAR!!!!!!!! Go with Toyo's, Nittos, etc...

Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
known problem

the goodyears are notorious for thin sidewalls. it doesn't take much to grenade one.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:06 PM
you'd think they would know about it then???

Old 11-24-2004, 09:12 PM
I lost one, too. I went to get a new one at good year. They prorated the price at 65% to my favor. The price was still $165.00. I had them go ahead and order the tire and went down to Discount tire and got 4 new Nittos. I got a call from GY to pick up my tire a week later. I hope it looks good in their showroom display case.

Old 11-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Nitto 555R's, and don't look back. Condolences regarding your truck getting all fagged up by the concrete wall. Stay on HoodQueer's backside until they settle with you!

Last edited by Master Of Pain; 11-24-2004 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Thanks for the support. I'm running Toyo's in the back right now. We'll see if Goodyear will cough up anything (1,2,3, full set of tires)?????

Old 11-25-2004, 11:56 PM
That seems kind of odd to just blow at low speed like that.

Is it possible someone shot at you? Pissed anyone off lately?

Sleeping with soemeone's wife???

Thin sidewall. I don't think so. I have destroyed 4 sets and the sidewalls were all very solid. First time I hear that one. Either this is a freak accident or there is an outside influence...

Red

Old 11-26-2004, 07:48 AM
I was actually going approx 50-60mph. I'm not sure if that constitutes "slow speeds".

Old 11-26-2004, 08:16 AM
Maybe someone put a pre-cut in it for yah !

Old 11-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Thin sidewall. I don't think so. I have destroyed 4 sets and the sidewalls were all very solid. First time I hear that one. Either this is a freak accident or there is an outside influence..
The 99-00 previous gen F-1s had very thin sidewalls. If you even rubbed on something smooth you would pop one like a grape. Usually a tire can take a bit of sidewall rub.

The ones on my 03 are much improved.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any tire can blow out at any speed depending on what punctures it. The worst tires I've had are yokos, never again. Remember, as wide as these tires are, they are likely to pick-up more road debris. I have had no problems with my F-1s.

Quick Reply: GOODYEAR just lost a customer!