Lightning

Orderd build Trans!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004 | 07:50 PM
|
Orderd build Trans!!

Well after doing some serious research I've ordered a FULLY built tranny and convertor from Dante's Modular Performance.
He spent a good deal of time on the phone with me informing me on all the parts that are included.
He presented and really good price IMHO and worked with me on the shipping ( CA to MD ) and other things I wont mention but I will say he is a very kind person.
I just like to say thank's Dante and I look forward to pulling some low 60fts with this convertor and putting a "couple" of passes on this tranny next season.

P.S Dont forget to get that item we talked about made up so I can sport it loud and proud!!

Old 11-24-2004 | 10:25 PM
what was the cost?

Old 11-24-2004 | 11:05 PM
|
Originally posted by TheGoaT
what was the cost?
Not trying to be an A$$ but I'd rather not post it. Shoot a PM or email to Dante and I'm sure he will let you know!
I will say that it is less then a MB and carried a similar warrenty. Shipping on the other hand is not cheap on a 250#object form CA to MD and sending the core back again.
If I lived in SoCal it would be the deal of a life time.

Old 11-24-2004 | 11:13 PM
Did you check with Greg E. before you made your purchase? Not trying to start trouble. Just curious.

Old 11-24-2004 | 11:27 PM
|
Originally posted by fast1
Did you check with Greg E. before you made your purchase? Not trying to start trouble. Just curious.
Did I check with him? Not really.
But I'll tell you why I did not go with a Monster Box.

1) Did not enough room on the CC for $3,250 trans and a $1,150 core charge.
2) I did want the TD convertor and you cant order it any other way per Tim @ Chikenears.
3) The are no trust worthy tranny guys local to install a Monster in a box componates.
4) I feel the parts used in the MB are no better if not less of quality then what I'm receving.
5) Gregg Evens no longer builds them himself.

I have nothing against GE and he has answered all the questions I've ever posted regarding and I think he is one hell of a guy.
Dante has gone out of his way to help me out and made a built tranny/convertor affordable and convenient for me to purchase. He is spoken about is high honors in SoCal. I figure why not give the little guy a chance. Somebody gave Gregg one and look what happened.

Old 11-24-2004 | 11:32 PM
Originally posted by ByByBird
Did I check with him? Not really.
But I'll tell you why I did not go with a Monster Box.

1) Did not enough room on the CC for $3,250 trans and a $1,150 core charge.
2) I did want the TD convertor and you cant order it any other way per Tim @ Chikenears.
3) The are no trust worthy tranny guys local to install a Monster in a box componates.
4) I feel the parts used in the MB are no better if not less of quality then what I'm receving.
5) Gregg Evens no longer builds them himself.

I have nothing against GE and he has answered all the questions I've ever posted regarding and I think he is one hell of a guy.
Dante has gone out of his way to help me out and made a built tranny/convertor affordable and convenient for me to purchase. He is spoken about is high honors in SoCal. I figure why not give the little guy a chance. Somebody gave Gregg one and look what happened.
You should have bought the Monster in a box kit and spent a day in CT and watched your trans get built while in great company. Saved a lot of money too. All kidding aside though, please let us know how it turns out. Does he build them himself, or does a shop do it for him to his specs or does a shop do it and then he just resells it and that is his only part in the deal>??? -Mat-

Old 11-25-2004 | 07:53 AM
|
Originally posted by SVT F15O
You should have bought the Monster in a box kit and spent a day in CT and watched your trans get built while in great company. Saved a lot of money too. All kidding aside though, please let us know how it turns out. Does he build them himself, or does a shop do it for him to his specs or does a shop do it and then he just resells it and that is his only part in the deal>??? -Mat-
Maybe you JDM guys are not that bad after all!! I beleive that he still builds them himself. He said he one ready to go and actually redid the valve body to how I wanted it too shift!!!!
Dale01 runs one of his I think? No problems yet.

Old 11-25-2004 | 12:39 PM
|
What's funny is that since I did not order a MB no one really cares! I guess everybody is scared to try things outside the norm. I like Gregg and all but I needed a trans with parts I felt good with. What can go wrong? I got a great warrenty and great customer service so far form Dante. So far, So good. If I'm wrong about this set up I come back and apologize and admit it.
He felt comfortable giving me a warrenty knowing that I make 200+ passes a season + street duty.
What else could you ask for?

Old 11-25-2004 | 12:59 PM
What's funny is that since I did not order a MB no one really cares! I guess everybody is scared to try things outside the norm. I like Gregg and all but I needed a trans with parts I felt good with. What can go wrong? I got a great warrenty and great customer service so far form Dante. So far, So good. If I'm wrong about this set up I come back and apologize and admit it.
He felt comfortable giving me a warrenty knowing that I make 200+ passes a season + street duty.
What else could you ask for?
I think it's cool. I don't want to spend the cash for the MB either. And like you said, noplace around us locally is that trustworthy, except for 1 or 2 places. Let me know how it works out for you because I may be interested when mine lets go.

I've been looking at a PA tranny, expensive, but guaranteed for life. Not to mention Gary and Chris pound the hell outta theirs and they're still workin

Old 11-25-2004 | 01:05 PM
personally I would have gone with BTS. But as long as you got what you wanted at a good price then on. Good luck with your tranny let us know how it holds us.

Old 11-25-2004 | 02:03 PM
Thumbs up grateful

i can honestly say that i believe dante (Dante's Modular
Performance) is a stand up guy, and he takes pride in his
quality of work and service. i heard about his valve body
and gave him a call. after talking w/ him a bit, and because
of extraneous circumstances on my part; he drove from
san diego to orange county (about 1.5 -2 hour drive depending on traffic) to personally deliver the valve body to me.
i must say, i was very grateful and more than impressed.

happy thanksgiving everyone.

Old 11-25-2004 | 02:58 PM
|
Originally posted by WaveBlaster785
I think it's cool. I don't want to spend the cash for the MB either. And like you said, noplace around us locally is that trustworthy, except for 1 or 2 places. Let me know how it works out for you because I may be interested when mine lets go.

I've been looking at a PA tranny, expensive, but guaranteed for life. Not to mention Gary and Chris pound the hell outta theirs and they're still workin
I called PA and they wanted $3,850 w/o a convertor!! It give you the breakdown of parts on their website and it's the same parts in the tranny I ordered.

Old 11-25-2004 | 03:49 PM
I called PA and they wanted $3,850 w/o a convertor!! It give you the breakdown of parts on their website and it's the same parts in the tranny I ordered.
Sweet, I'm sure you will have no problems

Old 11-25-2004 | 09:08 PM
I have a BTS tranny, but let us know how things work out for you...........Who knows, if no one trys......................

Old 11-25-2004 | 09:44 PM
I'm a Huge G.E. Fan, however, it is your money, your truck and your decision.

I can appreciate giving the "little guy" a chance, its the only way a little guy becomes a Big Contender.

Keep us posted on the progress! I'm looking forward to next summer and seeing some low 60' times!

I have a few plans for the lightning, however I have more important things at the moment to spend money on (engagement ring)

CONGRATS!

Quick Reply: Orderd build Trans!!