Lightning

What Spring For Front End Drop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Spring For Front End Drop?

Which 1" inch lowering springs ride most similar to stock. I know there's the Belltech, Hotchkis, Ground Force, etc. Who has what and how do they ride?

Also, are any of you using a bumpsteer kit? I hate bumpsteer on trucks with lowered front ends. The L's have a bit of this already in stock form so I can imagine what it would be like when lowering the front. There was a thread some time ago about a bumpsteer kit but I never heard any opinions from folks using it. So, if you have this kit, what do you think of it?

Steve

Old 11-27-2004, 01:00 AM
I have the Ground Force spings on my truck and the ride quality is EXACTLY the same as it was when it was stock except on really bad bumps. I am very happy with this kit. It's the same kit that's in the Ford Racing catalog. I got mine at Steeda for $175 and it includes the front springs and rear shackles. It sits 1 inch lower in the front and 2 inches lower in the rear. I think it's the perfect way to lower a Lightning....like it came that way from Ford. My brother has the Bell-Tech spings on the front of his Lightning and it rides HARSH. He even has the stock A-Arm bump-stops cut in half and it sits on the bump-stops. BUT, it looks real bad @ss! You can see the slammed look with the Bell Techs but ride suffers. With the Ground Force, you sometimes can't tell it's lowered until you look at a stock Lightning but the the ride is near-stock. Hope this helps you decide.

Old 11-27-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by WideOpen03SVT
I have the Ground Force spings on my truck and the ride quality is EXACTLY the same as it was when it was stock except on really bad bumps. I am very happy with this kit. It's the same kit that's in the Ford Racing catalog. I got mine at Steeda for $175 and it includes the front springs and rear shackles. It sits 1 inch lower in the front and 2 inches lower in the rear. I think it's the perfect way to lower a Lightning....like it came that way from Ford. My brother has the Bell-Tech spings on the front of his Lightning and it rides HARSH. He even has the stock A-Arm bump-stops cut in half and it sits on the bump-stops. BUT, it looks real bad @ss! You can see the slammed look with the Bell Techs but ride suffers. With the Ground Force, you sometimes can't tell it's lowered until you look at a stock Lightning but the the ride is near-stock. Hope this helps you decide.
Thanks for the info. So far, it's between the Ground Force and Ruslow for 1" springs. If I do this I'll most likely use '01 leaf springs with a 2" shackle for the rear. I still want a little rake and I'm sure this setup will achieve it.

Steve :santa:

Old 11-27-2004, 08:37 AM
That's a good idea using the 01 leafs. Even with the shackles, the back sits high. Maybe even still a little higher than an 02'. But every once in a while I tow my 4-wheelers with one of them being in the bed and sometimes I go to Home Depot and load it up so the I kinda need the extra height in the rear. Yours should look nice when it's done.

Quick Reply: What Spring For Front End Drop?