Lightning

GRRR Starting to hate my Lightning...HELP!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004 | 06:38 PM
|
GRRR Starting to hate my Lightning...HELP!!!!!!!!

Ok here is my deal im driving the otehr day and my truck is shifting wierd and hard from 1st to 2nd..Then i come up to a stop sign and then get ready to go adn nothing wont go just revs in drive untill like 4K then starts to go then barely shifts to 2nd then wont shift into 3rd or 4th.. Sometimes its fine out fo the hole but never goes past 2nd gear..Then alittle while ago i was drivign it up the street and the over drive off light kep flashin so i decided to take the tune off it thinkin there is something wrong with the computer and that was messing with the tranny. Took the tune off and still doing the same thing..ANy suggestions on what it could be.I still have a factory warranty but catn find my stock lower pulley ..PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by red99svt; 11-29-2004 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-29-2004 | 07:03 PM
u shouldnt have to turn ur truck back to stock in order to use ur warentee.. as in putting ur stock pully back on.. unless they can prove ur pulley is what caused the problem... then ur warrentee work should be fine...

Old 11-29-2004 | 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DjThomasJ
u shouldnt have to turn ur truck back to stock in order to use ur warentee.. as in putting ur stock pully back on.. unless they can prove ur pulley is what caused the problem... then ur warrentee work should be fine...
What's a "warrentee?"

Old 11-29-2004 | 07:12 PM
look damnit i cant spell! leave me alone!

Old 11-29-2004 | 07:14 PM
your just supposed to sound it out lol maybe if u do it right u will know what im talking about

Old 11-29-2004 | 07:24 PM
Originally posted by DjThomasJ
Ford didn't replace my motor. They couldn't prove that the previous owner's chip caused egg-shaped cylinders, but that didn't stop them from voiding my extended warranty. My DEALER replaced my motor. I love MIKE RAISOR FORD! www.raisorford.com

Don't take it in with a new pulley. If it doesn't show wear, they may ask what's up. I believe a new '03 Cobra was taken in with a brand new pulley and a blown motor and had the warranty voided.

Last edited by olefafl; 11-29-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2004 | 07:43 PM
Same exact thing happened to my 00 about 6 months ago. It shifted hard into 2nd and at a much higher rpm than it was supposed to. It would also clunk when it downshifted. The flashing OD light is a transmission malfunction light, says so in the owners manual.

I limped it to the Ford garage with all of my mods intact, including the 4# lower. They didn't give me any problems, but then again i have an aftermarket warranty (ie not Ford). The only hassle i did run into with the warranty company was that they wanted proof of preventative transmission maintenance. Of course, i didn't have them because i did all the flushes myself.

In the end, i got a oem refurbished tranny. The failure was determined to be the clutches between 1st and 2nd gears. I'm almost 100 % sure that your problem as well. Hope you get it figured out

Old 11-29-2004 | 08:03 PM
I'd recommend NOT trying to cover up any mods. Just own up and pay what is fair. (You've got mechanical damage )

If I were in your shoes I'd go for a monster box anyway.

Rich

Old 11-29-2004 | 08:17 PM
Originally posted by olefafl
Ford didn't replace my motor. They couldn't prove that the previous owner's chip caused egg-shaped cylinders, but that didn't stop them from voiding my extended warranty. My DEALER replaced my motor. I love MIKE RAISOR FORD! ww.raisorford.com

Don't take it in with a new pulley. If it doesn't show wear, they may ask what's up. I believe a new '03 Cobra was taken in with a brand new pulley and a blown motor and had the warranty voided.
From what I hear Mike Raisor is the place to go. I must say, I was LESS than impressed with Hubler down in Shelbyville.

-Kimball

Old 11-29-2004 | 08:32 PM
Originally posted by zbornac
From what I hear Mike Raisor is the place to go. I must say, I was LESS than impressed with Hubler down in Shelbyville.

-Kimball
Hubler wanted to short me a few $$$$ on my trade a few years ago. When I asked what they were giving my for the trade they flat out lied about it.

Old 11-29-2004 | 08:35 PM
possible speed sensor or GEN module.

Old 11-29-2004 | 08:53 PM
|
Thanks guys for all ur imput.Im having a local trany place that my boss is good friends with take a look at it for me tomorow if its something easy and under 100 bucks ill have them fix it. Since my warranty deductable is 100 bucks i rather nto rick takin ti to them and having the warranty voided for something cheap to fix. But then again my warranty i bought i THINK is a ford aftermarket warranty ill have to check into that. Cause i know with my TA i had a aftermarket warranty and they always fixed stuff and i had alot of mods on that car.

Old 11-29-2004 | 09:00 PM
I am sure that is tranny problems. Exact same thing happened to me. No mods. Ended up costing about 1800usd to repair. Cant speak towards the mods thought, Good Luck. I dont pay a dime of it.

Old 11-29-2004 | 11:26 PM
go to ****** online and search for mod friendly dealerships and you will find what you need. pm me if you want to call me.

I guess it will not let me put in websites. just email me baaam02@yahoo.com pms are disabled.

Last edited by tims02; 11-29-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2004 | 08:46 AM
yeah

Yeah, and you don't have to worry about putting a loaded gun to your head and pulling the trigger unless your aim sucks and you might miss

Sounds like mechanical issues. If you cant' get it covered by ford, put the money toward a Monster Box from Gregg. Odds are, you won't have to worry about it ever again.

Quick Reply: GRRR Starting to hate my Lightning...HELP!!!!!!!!