Old 01-18-2005 | 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Frank S
Oh no! I CAN'T TASTE MY BEER!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 01-18-2005 | 07:44 PM
Re: Rusted Bassani

Originally posted by Fast Gator
Boo Hoo........

Poor me, my ALL STAINLESS BASSANI EXHAUST has rusted.

Even though, the experts here, state that a stainless exhaust doesn't rust (I guess the experts don't know that there are different grades of stainless........the percentage of nickel and chrome content make all the difference :-O

The truck is never driven during the winter months, and has been on the truck 2 1/2 yrs. Guess I should write Bassani and complain huh?

Yes Gator you should complain!Whats the point of it being stainless then?Might as well be regular steel and have paid half the price!Who did u buy the exhaust from?Why represent it to be stainless if it rust.Sounds decieving to me.Hey,maybe if you lose the rust,you drop some weight and you can beat Rob!

Old 01-29-2005 | 02:30 PM
|
Originally posted by LightningTuner
I've been a Bassani dealer since the mid 90s, and I can honestly say I have NEVER in my life seen a Bassani cat back rust like that. I had Bassani parts on my Gen 1, and drove it for 8 years through salty, snowy NY winters, and it still looked new when I got rid of it. I had the same Bassani cat back on both of my Gen 2s, and it never showed a sign of rust either. I have had several cut up pieces of misc Bassani and stock stainless exhaust sitting in my basement for 4 years now. My basement has huge flooding problems, and sometimes these parts are sitting in water, and when they aren't it's still damp city down there. There isn't even rust on where the metal was cut. The only Bassani parts I've ever seen rust, was their headers, because they are not stainless steel.

Just my 2 cents.
Hey Sal........

Are you saying you can warranty my rusted Bassani?

Old 01-29-2005 | 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RED 92
Your MAC does not like you.....thats all......

My MAC catback has been on for 2 years and it looks like the day I put it on.......clean, silver, with shiney big chrome tips.

Hmmm...
Texas = no rusty MAC
Michigan = Rusty MAC
(fricking great lakes screwing up the weather again)

Old 01-29-2005 | 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Crued
silly people, jdm stuff is made with metal that cannot be obtained on earth. special jdm harvesters travel the cosmos for the finest in spaceuminum alloys to keep your jdm exhaust from ever rusting. in fact, if rust wishes to take hold on your exhaust, the special spaceuminum will react to the rust via your pcm and give you additional timing, which will cause your trust to go faster, which will blow the rust particles off the exhaust. engineering at it's finest.
Damn...and here all along I thought that it was phenolicium that was strip-mined from the depths of Uranus!

Oh wait, that's just how I felt when I found out I sold my Bassani for a lower quality, partially stainless exhaust!

Old 01-30-2005 | 09:22 AM
|
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Hey Sal........

Are you saying you can warranty my rusted Bassani?
Back on top for Sal to see

Old 01-30-2005 | 10:13 AM
Ah screw it, you make like a million dollars an hour,
Buy a new one, and I WANT YOURS FOR FREE

Quick Reply: Rusted Bassani