Lightning

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005 | 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Neal
HI!... HA, HA, HA !!!!!! I changed my plugs yesturday. It usually takes me 37 minutes but took me about 1 hour yesturday. Hey it was -5 degree's outside and I had the flu..... Seriously though I don't see why everyone has such a hard time changing plugs on these trucks. It's quite simple really. I can do my passenger's side bank in less than 10 minutes. Driver's side is best done by removing the fuel rail and swinging the EGR tube out of the way. I installed AUTOLITE AR-93's at a 0.34 gap.
Yeah Neal, your plugs look wide open!! I wish our's were as open as that. Why couldn't ford do it similar to the hemi, although I think they did on the 4V heads used on the GT.

Old 01-30-2005 | 11:29 PM
HI!... Remember though that the new 5.7L HEMI has 2 plugs per cylinder. They might be easier to change but there are twice the amount to change.

Ya my plugs are pretty easy to get too now.......... I took a lot of time in moving and relocating a lot of stuff in my engine compartment to get to the plugs easier.

Pretty easy to get to the P/S, wouldn't you say? LOL!

Old 01-31-2005 | 12:44 AM
I got mine down to about 20~25 min change. But, I have removed all the EGR stuff and a few other things. And a 7mm swivel socket is the ticket!

Quick Reply: I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!spark plugs