Lightning

roll cage question. (do rules require)...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL....stop, your killing me....LOL!!!!

You really are a smart man...LOL!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that you two aren't actually mad at each other, but I still thought this was appropriate, lol.

[on]Flame Suit[/on]

Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by fomocofan
... 75 idiots out here that probably can't even read let alone
pick up a rulebook and make sense out of it, telling me i'm
wrong...and they dont even know why.....other than they are
Sal's kiss-a$$ customers defending his fat a$$!!

Ouch !!! Getting kinda personal aren't we? What's the size of
Sal's posterior have to do with the rulebook? You might just
wanna back off calling 75 people "idiots", but that's your call ...

BTW ... I went a step farther to clarify this ... I contacted
someone at IHRA and am awaiting a reply ...

Old 02-11-2005, 08:37 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HI!...

Another free post in the MORON of the year thread.......

Old 02-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Neal
HI!...

Another free post in the MORON of the year thread.......
Wow, he has at least 2 nominations then - because he is up for CRY BABY of they year too..

Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 AM
holy *****, how did this thread go from 4 pages to 12 overnight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 10:15 AM

I have to keep posting it 75 times, because i have 75 idiots out here that probably can't even read let alone pick up a rulebook and make sense out of it, telling me i'm wrong...and they dont even know why.....other than they are Sal's kiss-a$$ customers defending his fat a$$!!
WHOA, hold the phone.

Getting a little frustrated Jamie? That's what happens when you are wrong for 12 pages and won't admit it. I don't see 75 idiots, I see 75 people with intellegence and one idiot who doesn't know how to read a rulebook.

As for "customers", I see nobody defending me as a business. As a matter of fact, nobody is defending me at all. People just know you are wrong, and are trying to tell you why just like I am. You may notice that none of "your vendors" customers have come on here to defend what you are saying like they normally would, because they ALSO know you are wrong!

As for the personal attacks, you might want to watch what you say or you might end up with my "fat a$$" fist shoved down your pie hole.

Old 02-11-2005, 10:59 AM
This is the most moronic post I've seen in a while, on any forum. I can't believe there's 18 pages of this bickering. Let this dude show up at the track without his rear bars and get kicked out, if that's what the rules dictate. Who cares!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I would like to see someone do exactly that (showing up at the track without the rear bars). That would put the WHOLE thing to rest.

I think the original question from L-Menace stems from the fact that, on a very fast truck that is also a daily driver, the rear bars are a pain.

IF the stucture were sound enough without the bars and it were legal to run 10s (or whatever) without the bars, it would make the truck easier to live with. I, for on, would like to keep my hard bed cover for security in mine daily use - the rear bars would kill that. However, if I ever get my truck fast enough to NEED the rear bars, I would want them there for the safety aspect - EVEN IF THEY ARE REQUIRED BY THE RULES.

The whole argument about bars, vs. cage, vs. run once, vs whatever is stupid. It all boils down to this...

If the sticky side sees the sun, will you live to race again?!?!

Herb

Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 AM
. . . You really are a smart man...LOL!!!
Smart enough to realize that you are still avoiding the question --

Is the image included in the 2005 IHRA rulebook?

Old 02-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by fullboogie
This is the most moronic post I've seen in a while, on any forum. I can't believe there's 18 pages of this bickering. Let this dude show up at the track without his rear bars and get kicked out, if that's what the rules dictate. Who cares!
That may be part of what is irratating to Sal, Jamie has a roll bar with the bracing going to the rear.

I can't speak for Jamie, but I think the point he is trying to make is that he feels technically, no rear bracing is required in IHRA since the book doesn't refer to the rear bracing specifically.

I am thinking IHRA may have simply left the words, rear bracing, off by mistake in the 2005 book, since they show a picture of the cage with rear bracing.

Rocks

Old 02-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
Smart enough to realize that you are still avoiding the question --

Is the image included in the 2005 IHRA rulebook?
Tim, he did answer the question on the last page:

"The image above from your website does appear in the 2005 IHRA rulebook with the same writting except for a line about the cross brace diameter!

That image in no way implies that that is the ONLY way a roll bar is to be constructed!

The rules do not refer to the illustration for further desciption of said bar.

No where does it say that the roll bar must look as pictured!"

So the IHRA does have the same picture, but he now says you don't have to listen to the picture because the rules don't specifially say you have to design as per the picture. Can this get any more retarted?

Old 02-11-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by 03LightninRocks
. . . I can't speak for Jamie, but I think the point he is trying to make is that he feels technically, no rear bracing is required in IHRA since the book doesn't refer to the rear bracing specifically. . . .
Don't feel bad. Jamie can't speak for Jamie either.

Jamie conceded that rear bars are required in NHRA. He conceded this before I bought to his attention that there was any difference (or similarity) in the wording between NHRA and IHRA (assuming that there really is). Yet the NHRA rules do not specifically state that a rear bar is required either. So there is no basis to say that one does and the other doesn't.

My point on the elimination of the word "rear" (which I still don't believe, but will be finding out the truth soon enough) was that it is just as easy to assume that elimination of that word was to signify that all braces must be the same size tubing as the main hoop.

Let's say that the rules said that "rear tires must have 1/4" of tread." Then then rules were revised to just say "tires must have 1/4" of tread." Would you assume that rear tires were no longer required -- or would you assume that the fronts must now also have 1/4"?

Old 02-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Here's an idea. Why don't one of you call each of these sanctioning bodies and ask them? Who would know better than the tech folks at NHRA & IHRA. Obviously this thread is doing nobody any good and is making enemies between two really nice guys. Seems to me this would be an end all or something.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
WHOA, hold the phone.

Getting a little frustrated Jamie? That's what happens when you are wrong for 12 pages and won't admit it. I don't see 75 idiots, I see 75 people with intellegence and one idiot who doesn't know how to read a rulebook.

As for "customers", I see nobody defending me as a business. As a matter of fact, nobody is defending me at all. People just know you are wrong, and are trying to tell you why just like I am. You may notice that none of "your vendors" customers have come on here to defend what you are saying like they normally would, because they ALSO know you are wrong!

As for the personal attacks, you might want to watch what you say or you might end up with my "fat a$$" fist shoved down your pie hole.
Sal, We have met before...believe me, you do not intimidate me in the least!
I give you first shot, then I'll have the last!

Quick Reply: roll cage question. (do rules require)...