Lightning

roll cage question. (do rules require)...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005 | 05:59 PM
You're missing the point!

It doesn't matter what Sal says or anyone else...it is what the book says that matters!

People can be wrong, but rulebooks cannot be!

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:04 PM
Originally posted by 1badazzavt
so lemme get this strait. we dont need a cage with rear bars but we need a balancer, trans blanket, axles and c-clips?

just how stupid are you? you make forrest gump look like einstein.
You are the stupid one!

I never said "we dont need a cage with rear bars"!

What I said was a roll bar is required for 10's not a cage!
The rules for a cage start at 9's.

And yes we do need balancer, trans blanket and axles and C-clip elims for 10's!

What part of that didn't you understand??

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:05 PM
Originally posted by fomocofan

It doesn't matter what Sal says or anyone else...it is what the book says that matters!

People who don't know how to READ rulebooks can be wrong too.

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:07 PM

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
People who don't know how to READ rulebooks can be wrong too.

Prove me wrong then!

Show me a qoute from a current rulebook (not from somebody racing website) that proves me wrong??

I printed on here a direct qoute from the rule with a page number...where is your proof that rear bars are required for a roll bar??

Where is the proof that 30 degree bars are required??

You really blew it with that one Sal...There is no such 30 degree rule anywhere excpept for seat supports on dragsters!!

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:16 PM
Prove me wrong then!

Show me a qoute from a current rulebook (not from somebody racing website) that proves me wrong??

I printed on here a direct qoute from the rule with a page number...where is your proof that rear bars are required for a roll bar??

Where is the proof that 30 degree bars are required??

You really blew it with that one Sal...There is no such 30 degree rule anywhere excpept for seat supports on dragsters!!
Take a deep breath and one of these:

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:32 PM

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:34 PM
Thumbs down

We need a trans blanket/shield... a universal blanket is available a shield is not.

We need aftermarket axles....Hmmm NOT AVAILABLE

We need C-clip eliminators....also NOT AVAILABLE
A trans sheild is easy to make from 1/4" aluminum bent up in a brake. I did this for my C-4 in my PRO STREET RANGER and had it SFI approved.

There's a company here that makes after market axles (shortened or stock) For the 9.75 or any other rearend you might have. They offer "C" clips also.

IMO anyone that runs 11's or faster without a full cage is a frickin moron. You deserve to die if there is accident. I have seen fools try to pass off 1-1/4 ABS for roll cages, covered in roll bar foam. lol!

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:35 PM
I think fomocofan just blew a gasket!

Old 02-10-2005 | 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Neal
A trans sheild is easy to make from 1/4" aluminum bent up in a brake. I did this for my C-4 in my PRO STREET RANGER and had it SFI approved.

There's a company here that makes after market axles (shortened or stock) For the 9.75 or any other rearend you might have. They offer "C" clips also.

IMO anyone that runs 11's or faster without a full cage is a frickin moron. You deserve to die if there is accident. I have seen fools try to pass off 1-1/4 ABS for roll cages, covered in roll bar foam. lol!
Neal, putting a shield in a Gen 2 is alittle harder than you think...but anything can be done....Hell it was a major job to get a trans blanket installed!

BTW, there is NOT currently anyone making axles and C clip elimns for the 9.75!

There is one company that will make custom axles, you have to send them your stock axles and pay for the proto-type to be made!

They do not have c clip elims for our trucks.

Why don't you actually look into this stuff before you go running your damn mouth and telling me I don't know what i'm talking about!!!

BTW, my point was to info people that simply have a roll bar is not going to make them 10 second legal!

And tell it to IHRA/NHRA about not needing a cage for 10 seconds...but they say a roll bar is al you need in that dept.

Oh, and one more thing....Trans shield must be 1/4" STEEL not aluminum!

Last edited by fomocofan; 02-10-2005 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2005 | 07:02 PM
i thought we needed to put a cage in if we run 11.49 or lower

is there more things if we run 10.99?

Old 02-10-2005 | 07:10 PM
Originally posted by lightninquick
i thought we needed to put a cage in if we run 11.49 or lower

is there more things if we run 10.99?
From 11.0 to 11.49 you need:

roll BAR not cage

Driver restraint system

jacket

Helmet

10.0 to 11.49 you need in addition to previous requirements

aftermarket axles w retention devices ( c-clip elims)

fire extinquisher

Transmission shield

Old 02-10-2005 | 07:15 PM
Thumbs down

Why don't you actually look into this stuff before you go running your damn mouth and telling me I don't know what i'm talking about!!!

Listen hear asslick, I was just down at the shop 2 weeks ago getting quotes for a narrowed 9.75 rearend that I'm doing. The axles are not a problem. They told me the "C' clip eliminators were about 1.5 months away from getting done. They showed me the prototype. So you might want to **** before you post ***** you know NOTHING about, including ROLL CAGES. I was going to be nice and give you the company's name, but since your such a egotisticle *****. I WON'T. It's in CANADA though.

Old 02-10-2005 | 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Neal
Listen hear asslick, I was just down at the shop 2 weeks ago getting quotes for a narrowed 9.75 rearend that I'm doing. The axles are not a problem. They told me the "C' clip eliminators were about 1.5 months away from getting done. They showed me the prototype. So you might want to **** before you post ***** you know NOTHING about, including ROLL CAGES. I was going to be nice and give you the company's name, but since your such a egotisticle *****. I WON'T. It's in CANADA though.

#1 I know where to have axles made. Custom axles can be bought at several places. As a matter of fact there are several trucks around with aftermarket axles already in them!

#2 C-clip eliminators that are 2 months away from production would mean that they are currently NOT AVAILABLE!!

#3 The problem is you cant use stock axles with c-clip elims.
You have to have axles made for c clip elims.
So therefore until the elims come out, there are no axles or elims available!!!
AS I SAID... there is no company making axles AND C clip eliminators for the 9.75 rear!!

#4 Do I need to get a translator to help you understand this?

Last edited by fomocofan; 02-10-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 02-10-2005 | 08:02 PM
HI!... Well that's funny, I saw them so I take it they have them. I was offered the "C" clip eliminators because I know the owner. I could go down there tomorrow and get the several they had there. As for axles, this place has been making aftermarket axles for the 9.75 since "98" so that's nothing new. Stock or custom made. The after market stock size axles are available with the "C" clip eliminators. A section of the new axles is thicker and machined down for the press on bearing. This is also true for the after market custom axles. Do what you want, if I had the funds right now to do this narrowed 9.75, I could have it done by the end of next week. The parts are out there, you just need to know who to get them from..........

Quick Reply: roll cage question. (do rules require)...