Lightning

FFW TT Payouts

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005 | 11:33 PM
|
Thumbs up FFW TT Payouts

I just saw this posted over on the FFW sight. Thanks to Jim@JDM the pay outs for Tough Truck have been increased quite a bit this year.

The T/T payouts have been raised to $1000 to win, $300 for runner-up, $75 for the semis and $50 for the quarterfinalists.

Pretty good incentive to sign up for the TT competition if you ask me. I hope to see alot of you at the Orlando Opener this year.

Thank You Jim. Once again, giving back to the community. It is appreciated.

Rocks

Last edited by Silver_2000; 02-07-2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-05-2005 | 03:05 AM
That's awesome. I sure would like to see one of those $1000 purses this year.

Old 02-05-2005 | 10:03 AM
I got dibs on one! I am going to try my best at 5 FFW's this year....and want to walk away the big man from at least one of them!

Old 02-05-2005 | 10:26 AM
Thanks, Jim!

This should encourage a few more people to join in this year and make for a great 2005 season!

Old 02-05-2005 | 09:04 PM
JDM Rocks
I cant wait for Orlando!
When I win my $1000 it will go right to JDM.

Old 02-05-2005 | 09:16 PM
Originally posted by chief40al
JDM Rocks
I cant wait for Orlando!
Ron thats awesome news

Al you have to beat me first

Old 02-06-2005 | 10:50 AM
Prize schedule sounds great! Thank you JDM.
Now all we need is some incentive to let our trucks run at their best at these meets. How about working towards a sliding scale for handicapping that gives the fastest trucks a larger percentage handicap versus the slower ones?
This will make most racers and all the fans much happier than a straight 100% handicap style event. The faster trucks take more risk with racing variables and should be rewarded. Lets show everyone what these things can really do.
Jim

Old 02-07-2005 | 01:13 AM
|
I think it is funny how you all are going to have to get through me to claim that thousand bucks...

Rocks

Old 02-10-2005 | 01:04 PM
Does it matter what the size of the field is???
How many generally show up for an event??
Does everyone that show up make the field?
M

Old 02-10-2005 | 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ct.TOPGUN
Prize schedule sounds great! Thank you JDM.
Now all we need is some incentive to let our trucks run at their best at these meets. How about working towards a sliding scale for handicapping that gives the fastest trucks a larger percentage handicap versus the slower ones?
This will make most racers and all the fans much happier than a straight 100% handicap style event. The faster trucks take more risk with racing variables and should be rewarded. Lets show everyone what these things can really do.
Jim
Thats not bracket racing - Thats heads up
Different class....

Old 02-10-2005 | 04:00 PM
Originally posted by chief40al
JDM Rocks
I cant wait for Orlando!
Technically it's not Orlando, it's Bithlow. Sorry (I live 10 minutes away)

I'll be a spectator this year! woo hoo!

Old 02-10-2005 | 05:08 PM
i am gonna make it to 2 california and arizona

hey life guard thats a nice truck you got. is that another truck under the lawn in the background?

Old 02-11-2005 | 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_!
Thats not bracket racing - Thats heads up
Different class....
I know the difference between "heads up" and "bracket" racing.
I always hope to find a better compromise somewhere in between
that does not work on 100% handicap.
I strongly feel that at least for street type vehicles most owners and fans would prefer to see the competitors at there best, not detuned.
It is fairly foolish to run ***** out in current bracket racing format,ifyou expect to be competative. 100% handicap formats give slower vehicles a chance to compete onagainst much faster vehicles without too many rules, but give the advantage to the slower,more predictable one.
A variable handicap format would be appealing to racers and fans, while still giving all a chance. It would give faster vehicles an incentive to run all out, rewarded for the risks of traction and performance variables.
The correct scale for rewarding the fast competitors and allowing the slower ones to be competative must be worked out.
After watching FFW brackets at a few venues,and comparig the event to open track sessions, full bracket racing pales in comparison. some style of handicapping is needed however to open up the field to varied vehicles in gteater number.
Just food for thought.
Jim

Old 02-11-2005 | 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Ct.TOPGUN
I know the difference between "heads up" and "bracket" racing.
I always hope to find a better compromise somewhere in between
that does not work on 100% handicap.
I strongly feel that at least for street type vehicles most owners and fans would prefer to see the competitors at there best, not detuned.
It is fairly foolish to run ***** out in current bracket racing format,ifyou expect to be competative. 100% handicap formats give slower vehicles a chance to compete onagainst much faster vehicles without too many rules, but give the advantage to the slower,more predictable one.
A variable handicap format would be appealing to racers and fans, while still giving all a chance. It would give faster vehicles an incentive to run all out, rewarded for the risks of traction and performance variables.
The correct scale for rewarding the fast competitors and allowing the slower ones to be competative must be worked out.
After watching FFW brackets at a few venues,and comparig the event to open track sessions, full bracket racing pales in comparison. some style of handicapping is needed however to open up the field to varied vehicles in gteater number.
Just food for thought.
Jim
Interesting Idea but I have never seen such a hybrid class run ...

It will likely require a separate class which would detract from the attendance numbers of TT

Doug

Old 02-11-2005 | 08:57 AM
I may have to enter this year at Etown, although I heard that there may be a qualifying ET range to hit? Something like 16.99 as the slowest or something?

Quick Reply: FFW TT Payouts