Lightning

Thank you JDM

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005 | 02:11 PM
I've heard great things about JDM, and I've heard horror stories. But ya'll all should judge things for yourselves. As for me, I've never called JDM, but I don't know what the fu%$ to think. Congrats to JDM for the great trucks I've heard about though, they seem to do an awesome job, whether it be some of the time or not, I don't know. I'm personally tired or reading about arguments about it.

Phil

Old 02-16-2005 | 02:21 PM
congrats on the engine!

Never dealt with JDM, so I don't have an opinion, except that was generous of them.

Old 02-16-2005 | 02:25 PM
from what i have heard from friends' experiences and what i've read on here, if u spend the $$$$$$ at JDM, then u get the royal treatment. I know there are a good number of people runnin 11's/12's that have had good service from them, but there are plenty that haven't. Have you ever read about someone that has a 10 sec JDM truck that gets treated crappy? No? me neither. My friend got 3 diff chip burns from them before the predators/sct tuners etc were out, and each time he talked to them on the phone and said exactly what was done to his truck, mileage, type of weather it was gonna be driven in, etc and each tune had bad detonation....you would think after 3 times they could get it right. I dunno.... They do definitely have the most 10 sec trucks that i know of, so props to them for that. just my .02

Old 02-16-2005 | 02:44 PM
I don't know...my truck ran 12.0, I spent far less than 10K with them, and they always treated me alright. They went above and beyond a couple of times for me when I needed something in a pinch.

Old 02-16-2005 | 03:09 PM
Its good advertising

Old 02-16-2005 | 03:12 PM
Rich,

Sometimes that is just the way things turn out despite your best efforts to give it another try.

Dealerjim back a couple of years ago thought he wasn't getting the service he deserved and went elsewhere to save some money on a built motor. Over the course of a year he went through 3 motors with the other guy. None of them blewup but they all had problems from piston slap to oil comsumption. Jimmy finally gave up on this guy and sent his truck to JDM. He has been extremely happy with his motor and truck from that point on.

This is not to say that you will ever have the issues between JDM and yourself resolved but you've got to admit this is a good thing that Jim has done.

Old 02-16-2005 | 03:25 PM
At the start of the 2004 season, FFW announced that the Tough Truck winner would get a new F-150 and the runner up would get a free 2 year lease. Ford changed it's mind mid season and gave the free lease to the Virginia winner. This was not the fault of FFW or JDM but Jim stepped up and offered Jamie a free engine for his truck as a consolation for getting screwed out of a 2 year lease.

IMO that was above and beyond the call of duty. You wont find many companies out there that would do that. It's just another example of how TeamJDM gives back to the Lightning community.

JDM

Old 02-16-2005 | 06:25 PM
I personally have had great service from Jim over the years. I am sure there have been people who have had issues with Jim as anyone would have with someone in business. I have had my wife totally p*ssed at me where she wouldn't talk to me for days, but she got over it and I think we have all been there. Jim didn't have to do it for Jamie, but He did and I commend Jim and all his employees for all he has done for the lightning community. Jim has gone out of his way to help me out more than once. Looking forward to seeing everyone at orlando in a few weeks.
JDM 10 second daily driver.
Mike

Old 02-16-2005 | 06:28 PM
This was generous of them to do, but could they give this type of great service to everybody? I know it is hard to treat many customers equally, but in todays day and age companys can get it accomplished. If one of their customers should have an issue, it should be of the utmost importance of the company to rectify the issue at hand. I buy from vendors that have a good reputation from both the big spender and the little guy.

Old 02-16-2005 | 06:28 PM
DL
You lucky dog.....

A tuner giving back to the community, You don't see many other tuners doing that...It's all about the $$$$... Maybe a price break if you beg or give up your first born, but nothing for free.

My JLP motor is quiet, but way to much oil consumption.... Note to ones self to remember when getting a new built motor and heads, Do not get your valve guides cut out on your "Special New Heads" to be able to make more power. Leave them the way they come, Performance gains/Oil consumption isn't worth it in my opinion.

You can't beat the "Quality" of JDM's work, hands down. I was kinda like dealerjim about stuff. I had some minor issues with JDM a long time ago about getting my stuff delivered in a timely manner, they finally made good on everything. After meeting and hanging around the JDM crew at various tracks and watching their quality of work against some other tuners work. I wanted to swap to JDM, but I was staying loyal to my previous tuner and he didn't like JDM, so I was in a awkward situation, JDM never talked bad about my previous tuner, but my previous tuner did of JDM. It took a serious issue recently with my previous tuner to open my eyes fully and help me decide to do what's best for me, now I'm proud to say I use JDM.

Ok, let's see those tears...

Last edited by DL; 02-16-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-16-2005 | 07:39 PM
I am not a "cheer leader" I have only spent probably less than $500 with JDM but I have been treated good every time. I agree that some of it may be jims internet personallity and alot of it is the fact that when you are big your going to have some unhappy customers.

Congrats on the new motor. JDM HAS DEFINATELY WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND ON THIS ONE!

Old 02-16-2005 | 08:10 PM
First off let me say, Congrats Jamie on your new combo,the amount of time effort and money it takes run all the events is a real commitment. Secondly, In my opinion JDM really stepped up to the plate and delivered, after reading some of the above posts I have to say that I never felt as if Jim or anyone at JDM's ever gave me anything less than there best efforts, regardless if it was for a plug change or more mods. Todd

Old 02-16-2005 | 08:17 PM
DL - would you mind contacting me directly regarding your motor experience?

You can email me at herbsROD@satx.rr.com (drop the rod, I did)

Thanks,
Herb

Old 02-16-2005 | 08:30 PM
Originally posted by DL
You can't beat the "Quality" of JDM's work, hands down. I was kinda like dealerjim about stuff. I had some minor issues with JDM a long time ago about getting my stuff delivered in a timely manner, they finally made good on everything. After meeting and hanging around the JDM crew at various tracks and watching their quality of work against some other tuners work. I wanted to swap to JDM, but I was staying loyal to my previous tuner and he didn't like JDM, so I was in a awkward situation, JDM never talked bad about my previous tuner, but my previous tuner did of JDM. It took a serious issue recently with my previous tuner to open my eyes fully and help me decide to do what's best for me, now I'm proud to say I use JDM.
This seems to be a common thread in reply's regarding this topic. Why is it that most stick with only ONE vendor? I get stuff from everywhere... my tuner is different from my suspension guy who is also different from my exhaust guy... etc.
I go where I hear stories of good success, great prices and QUALITY products.

Old 02-16-2005 | 08:34 PM

yeah good bunch of peeps at JDM.

someday ill get back there!

Quick Reply: Thank you JDM