Lightning

Thank you JDM

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005 | 09:17 PM
LTNBOLT
I agree. And one thing I've always seen.. JDM parts are very good quality. I've always made sure to state that too.

To each his own I suppose. Hey we live in a *free* market society. Let the *free* market decide I say. I just wish the word *free* applied to ALL voices on these boards.

As for my wallet... well it shops elsewhere based on my past experiences.

Jim at JDM, on the package for fomocofan.

Over and out, Rich

Old 02-16-2005 | 10:06 PM
Way to step up to the plate Jim .

Just a couple comments.

1)... How much money Jamie has to spend has nothing to do with what Jim did. Nine of us..including Jamie ran the first 10 events of the season thinking we had a second place prize to compete for.
FFW then informed us that our second place prize had been given away in Virginia...like it or lump it. Jim made the situation right...even though he had NO obligation to do so.

2) Those of you that want to take this and attempt to turn it into something negative, need to give it a break. Your impact is Zero.

Rocks

Old 02-17-2005 | 05:40 AM
|
I understand that some of you may find it hard to believe that JDM could be so generous to give away such an expensive gift/prize...but he did and I am very proud to accept it.

There were 9 drivers that made the comitment to run the whole season, (great effort on Don's Bolt for finishing 10th with not making every race!) Each of these top nine still had a shot at the title going into the last year of the year (Dallas).

It certainly was a great and exciting year with tremendous competition, but this post was to thank Jim for his efforts!

Jim (JDM) has made a tremendous sacrafice for each of the last several years in not only sponsoring the class but attending each and every race on the circuit. Inorder to do this he all but shuts down his business, packs up all the parts that may be needed by the racers during the weekend and brings his best mechanic and several other crew members. Yes, he does sell parts at the events, but if you know Jim like I do, you would know that his commitment is to his follow racers ( yes Jim himself finsihed 3rd in points ) first and vending to the public is secondary!

You would know what I mean if you have ever attended a race somewhere and broke and had to go find parts and or a mechanic and a Sunday in the middle of nowhere!!

He does not only help the ten second trucks at a race, much to my frustration at times (lol), he honestly is one of the busiest guys I have ever seen at a race...helping ANYONE that asks...even trucks that are using other vendors parts/tunes.
Honestly, I dont know how he does it, balancing Vending/helping fellow racers/preparing to race himself at an event and putting full commitment to each task!!

This is not an advertisement for JDM, just a god's honest Thank you to a man that deserves more praise than I can possibly generate here!

Jim, I say all this not because of my prize, but as someone that truely acknowledges your efforts and I know I speak for everyone of the racers in the FFW!

Last edited by fomocofan; 02-17-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-17-2005 | 05:52 AM
Well put Jamie.....

Its kinda of funny and old too, all the bashing and most people don't even have an idea of what Jim and JDM give to the Lightning community. Sponsoring the events is only a small part, giving help at the track, renting out the local track here, for JDM day and dropping everything at the drop of a hat to help someone.

While there is no doubt there where customer service issues at the beginning, like every other small company that grows overnight. But that was a long time ago. There have been many changes that makes events that happened 5 yrs ago non-existence.
But being mad for something that happened years ago is like being pissed at someone because he dated your girl in high school

The first time I went into JDM's, to purchase a electric fan kit, I was treated like gold. After looking around, I decided to have them install it. The care that was taken, made me think, it was their truck. Later on, I bought a couple Spal fans (not from JDM) for my intercooler. I asked if they would install them and wire them into my intercooler pump too. Once again, the work ethic that was provided to me, made me think they where working on their own personal truck.
Mind you, this was when I was buying from all the vendors. Having JDM 35 minutes from my front door, and the care they provide the customers truck, will have me back again. Wait a minute, my trucks there right now............

Something tells me I got a thank you post coming up

Last edited by Fast Gator; 02-17-2005 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2005 | 07:07 AM
I live close enough to JDMs to be able to go there whenever I want basically and I can tell you from experience that Jim and the JDM crew are always busy, always helping somebody and always inviting to ANYBODY.

Its funny because I read the boards all the time and always here 'He only takes care of his BIG spendors.'.
It cracks me up. We all started out as chip, filter, pulley guys and its the way we are treated and invited in to the JDM family that makes us choose JDM to go to the next level.

My first time EVER at JDMs for a 4 # lower Jim offered me a discount on a new interchangeable lower. THE FIRST ONE. He didn't know me from adam but took the time to show me around the shop and then when I saw how they took so much pride in there work (they must have used 4 towels to make sure nothing got scratched on my truck and took the time to do it right) and I knew I could trust them to wrench on my truck when I didnot have the time or facility to do so myself.

I enjoy going to FFW events and racing and meeting people and JDM has been a big part of that.

Congrats Fomocofan you had a great season of racing and it is good to see you got rewarded for it.

VINNIE

Old 02-17-2005 | 08:15 AM
Congrats Jamie

I will be picking my truck up from JDM's in a few days. People will classify me as one of his big spenders with special attention given. Well, I started out with a two pounder, filter and a chip. I knew I would want to go faster, (who doesn't) and the level of service that Jim and Shaun provided to me from day one is the reason I fly the Team JDM banner. I don't carry pom-poms for Jim as my post count shows, but I do recommend them to everyone who asks me about my truck. I know I will follow up with an e-mail thanking the crew @ JDM for the work just completed.

Kevin

Last edited by SKNHD; 02-17-2005 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Thank you JDM