Lightning

Why Wont They Race?!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by mike00L
F the 5-0 huh?

Not to get off topic here but I am the "5-0 " as well as owning a pretty quick truck too. Yes, I get on it from time to time but if I get pulled over for something that I did then it's nobody's fault but mine and I wear it. You however are an a$$hole for making a comment like that. If you got a pair big enough to post that on here then next time you get pulled over, make sure you say that to the cop. I wanna see the look on your face when he pulls your smart a$$ out of the window by your neck - I know I would!

Dont mean to ruffle any feathers but I cant stand when people say stupid sh*t on the boards that they know would never fall out of their traps in real life!
So it is ok to assault a civilian with a smart mouth? Is that what they teach you guys?

Old 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Dont mean to ruffle any feathers but I cant stand when people say stupid sh*t on the boards that they know would never fall out of their traps in real life!

Not to ruffle any feathers here but I can't stand it when Joe Anybody puts on a cheap uniform and a badge and thinks he's all of sudden Joe Somebody.

You're a good man with good taste in trucks Mike, but you've got a job just like I do. I write computer software and you generate extra revenue for your community.

Now back to the subject at hand... Has anyone seen any performance numbers on the extended cab versions of these SRT-10s? It would be nice sometimes to have those extra chairs...Sometimes...Usually not. I think I'll keep the old Ford and about $20k.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:46 PM
It's funny when some of you pretend to be saints when the topic of street racing comes up. You bought a Lightning and have done all of these mods to it but you pretend that you don't street race. I am not condoning it nor do I agree with it. It is very wrong to street race. But it's also wrong to DWI and it's also wrong to be on the cell phone while driving just as much as it's wrong to eat while driving. But guess what? it's something that everyone does or has done before. Yes street racing is bad. But i've done it before and probably will do more in the future just because I can't resist a little stop light grand prix. However, even though there is never the right place or time to do a street race, there are definately the wrong times and places to do it and you'll never see me race on a busy street where there are traffic lights, pedestrians, and cars everywhere. I am 26 now and have been driving over ten years. I know damn well that the 16 year old punk in that 1983 Honda Civic with fart pipe option who has seen way to many Fast And Furious movies is far more dangerous racing through the city than I would be racing through back roads where I live. Quti trying to play innocent! You all have done it. Damn Liars.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:19 PM
So true! Been burning them off for over 30 yrs and still enjoy the thrill of it, the short stints that happen now and then off the light or driving along the streets. Yes I do catch it from the better half, and that has'nt stopped me either. One has to pick the right time to do a little performing and when not to do it. It's dangerous at all times because of the unknown factors, but then again that adds to the thrill. I'd be a liar to say that I did'nt look for it to happen off the light. Note I have a clean record, knock on wood.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm 27 and have never been pulled for racing etc... just small speeding tickets. But, I was 5 seconds from being pulled for going way too fast the other night. It's made me think real hard about only going to the 1/4mi track for my WOT action.

It's just too easy to hit 100+mph before you know it if you get too comfortable gunning it on the street.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Neal
HI!... I'd say it! Oh wait I have! LOL! Then some stuff happened and the *PIG* got charges filed against him and was suspended without pay. Don't be affraid of cops. Most of them around here are just egotistical punks with guns. They mouth of to me, I mouth off back. They don't like it, call my lawyer and he'll chew you up and spit you out, plain and simple. Been there done that.........many times.

This is exactly what i am talking about!
I would put money on the fact that your talking out of your a$$ right now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions here. My only point was that if you want to street race then knock yourself out. Im hardly a saint, nor do I pretend to be anyone and yes i have done it in the past but if i got stopped then i took my licks WITHOUT running off at the mouth like some people claim they do! That was my only point - nothing else!

LAYTHG - Yeah we all have to earn a living somehow but when was the last time someone tried to hurt or kill you when you were writting a program in your office! I do more than generate revenue for the community!

03WHITELIGHTNIN - C'mon you know they dont teach us that but you have to admit there is a lot of people out there that need a good whoopin right?

Old 02-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Street racing is stupid... Plain and simple.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Plain and simply, we've already established that it's stupid. Please read above posts.

Old 02-20-2005, 09:50 PM
LMFAO to everyone always obeying the law....

Old 02-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by WideOpen03SVT
Plain and simply, we've already established that it's stupid. Please read above posts.
No ***** sherlock. I'm just giving my opinion, which I'm f'kin entitled to.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by SVT-SiNiSTER
It's funny when some of you pretend to be saints when the topic of street racing comes up. You bought a Lightning and have done all of these mods to it but you pretend that you don't street race. I am not condoning it nor do I agree with it. It is very wrong to street race.
I'm not saying I don't have a little fun at a stop light. And my sister probably wasn't happy about the black marks in front of her house. And I've been "invited to dance" a lot more since I got this...

But...
One of the main reasons that I got my truck was so that I could get out of the way of idiots. Coming home from work Friday I had some guy in an ext. cab shortbed F150 (on his cell phone) think he was going to go cut me off when his lane ended and he was behind me. If our positions were reversed, I wouldn't have had time or room to get around him, let alone him get around me. I left him in the dust.

I wouldn't call that street racing...but I won't deny enjoying the looks on their ignorant faces.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by mike00L

03WHITELIGHTNIN - C'mon you know they dont teach us that but you have to admit there is a lot of people out there that need a good whoopin right?
Hey, I can't argue with that.

Old 02-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by WideOpen03SVT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by SlowSVT95

Old 02-20-2005, 11:08 PM
hey if you all can wait until November I'll have my bar results and Then start mouthing off to the police. I need some quick retainers to start paying off loans.

Old 02-20-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SlowSVT95

I think I want to make this my sig. Well said....

Quick Reply: Why Wont They Race?!?!?!?