Lightning

Dyno questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno questions

Here's my stock block dyno with a KB @ 16psi, street tune and stock exhaust.

Here is the ported heads, Stage II cams, built motor at the same 16 psi street tune, same timing, and stock exhaust.

The first was on a Dynojet in third gear with converter locked. The second dyno was on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in SECOND gear and no locked converter. When I saw the torque numbers I knew they were not right, a Lightning always makes more torque than power, plus every dyno pull I've done in my truck has the torque peaking near the beginning of the run and then slowly tapering off. Both these lines look like HP lines, with a big dip where the converter was locking midway through the pull.

I say he's wrong and the torque numbers are incorrect; he claims he's correct. What do you think?

By the way, I'm re-dynoing tomorrow afternoon on the same Dynojet I ran the first dyno sheet posted on; do you think my numbers will change, and care to make a guess as to where I end up? I will do a 16 psi street pull (15 degrees) and a 20 psi race pull with 20 degrees of timing.

Jody

Old 03-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That ForceFed Performance Dyno is a pretty funky looking dyno graph for a L! Get a dyno operator who knows what they are doing. Even at 5250 where tq should meet rpm that doesn't look right. Hope your dyno goes well on Thursday!

Quick Reply: Dyno questions