Lightning

Anyonw ever been contacted by Swede Khan

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005 | 08:26 AM
I got that same crap sent to me over a set of Autospring spacers I was asking $75. for. It's obvious they troll the f150online-classified section looking for suckers.

What is going on in the “Classifieds” ???

Old 03-13-2005 | 12:42 PM
I think they troll all classifids i got the same message but a bobby somebody about a scooter i was selling the scooter was only worth 3g's but he wanted to send me 7g's and this was in the local paper so obviously this is a big scam ring.

Old 03-13-2005 | 12:50 PM
I'm the Network Admin for a string of 9 Credit Unions and we see this all the time. I've actually caught quite a few emails in our filter where these people were trying this same scam on some of our employees when they were selling personal vehicles and such. What kind of tard tries to pull this crap over on someone that WORKS AT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION??

I feel sorry for people that fall for this crap.

Old 03-13-2005 | 11:10 PM
This is just a typical example of the "classic" bait and switch. Why do people continue to try this scam? Because it works - the scammers know that if they try it often enough theres always someone out there who will jump on the chance to get "something for nothing."

Old 03-14-2005 | 12:02 AM
only thing i will add is dont mess with these people, remember they are criminals and might not like your cute little idea of messing with them. Depositing the check or going ahead with it even though you know it is a scam might get the wrong persons attention. they are liable to take your name off the scam list and move you over to the identity theft list or forward your email on to another scam artist that has a scam for people that try to out con the con.

lay down with dogs , get up with fleas, just ignore it.

Old 03-15-2005 | 11:01 AM
Old 03-15-2005 | 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Robert Francis
This is just a typical example of the "classic" bait and switch. Why do people continue to try this scam? Because it works - the scammers know that if they try it often enough theres always someone out there who will jump on the chance to get "something for nothing."
actually this is a 419 scam. bait and switch is something entirely different.

Old 03-15-2005 | 12:51 PM
Go to www.ebolamonkeyman.com for a freaking hilarious website about this guy who screws with all these scam emails. It's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!

Old 03-17-2005 | 05:38 PM
This assklown contacted me with the same deal. He said he saw my truck on eBay. I've never placed an ad for my truck in eBay or anywhere else for that matter. I tried to get him to give up some info, but he caught on and eventually never responded to my emails.

Six months after I bought my L, it was being auctioned on eBay by some lady in New York. She never got caught.

Most recently, I had some guy follow me home asking me questions of the truck pretending he wanted to buy it. I said yeah, sure give me 50K and it's yours. Like some ghetto guy driving a beat up Maxima would have the dough to buy a Lightning.

Old 03-18-2005 | 12:27 AM
|
I don't want this azzwipe to hear this but the fbi now has all of his emails and I am still waiting on a check. LOL

Quick Reply: Anyonw ever been contacted by Swede Khan